Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Torque of the South motorsport Latest update!

+11
DC313
Ryaneg6freak
Andy Sunny Gti
Daveymeladdy
GTi ARGHH
nomad
gtir_woody
BEBB GTIR
johnny gtir
Stu
GTI-R US
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Well 2018 and were still going strong and busier than ever!

Just signed a new 5 year lease so planning on being around for a while yet

After all my medical drama's of last year i should really be easing off the loud pedal a little......but hey that not in my nature Laughing

For many years ive been looking to get back into body repairs, fabrication and painting.....Not just Gtir's but all kinds of cars which is where i started many years back after leaving school.
Dont know why but always had a sense of pride with that sort of work......its nice to get a smashed up car in and carry out repairs so all looks straight and tidy when it leaves, you dont really get that feeling with mechanical repairs!

Soooo! we set about making a few things happen over the last couple months or so in any spare time we had with many many late nights involved Smile

Behold we now have an in house shiney new paint / spray booth
Its fully heated with 6 triple infrared heaters, ''48c in there yesterday'' has lots of white light panels which werent cheap but a must have! Ample extraction and fresh air in fans for air curculation. Also kept one of the scissor lifts in there as perfect for painting underside of vehicles once prepped in the bodyshop.
My aim is to keep this impecably clean and dust free as it should be.

Torque of the South motorsport Latest update! Booth110

The bodyshop is still a work in progress but perfectly usable

Torque of the South motorsport Latest update! Booth210

We cant finish this properly until i get rid of a few cars as need to build a partition wall. This room will house our new Hydrographics tank and paint transfer equipment.
Also have a lathe coming, a milling machine also so we can carry out most light engineering jobs ourselves as well as fabrication of panels etc.

Hope to have everything completed by summer although we have bodywork / paint jobs already booked in with us, hense the car sitting in paint booth awaiting full repaint!

Who said anything about taking things easy, think im on a suicide mission Laughing

But plans are to have everything in and completed by end of May which is hard considering we have lots of work booked in too.

Big Thanks goes out to all those that have supported and backed us to this point in various ways, told you i would not dissapoint Wink thumbsup

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi Bob.

Good to see you are moving forward with things.

Paint booth looks ace!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

As always good luck with the new venture. Your still there as you put the graft in and turn out the results

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Good work Bob will pop by soon when I'm down that way of the country

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice mate, always good expanding, hope it goes well.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looking good Bob .... always pushing forward and not looking back ... goodpost

GTi ARGHH

Hi Bob,

Fair play to you, nice to know our scabby Pulsars will be in safe hands, read a lot about "where does this bit go?" during and after a resto over a few years  Laughing

Would love to send mine up when the times right, dont think its too bad atm though  Rolling Eyes

As already said, put the graft in etc.  

Keep up the good work, all the best fella

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Looks lovely and clean, all those late nights with a roller have paid off!
You'll have my car in the not too distant future for the underseal!

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Well done Bob and team, wishing you all continued success and health.
Get a rolling road day/ barbecue meet arranged...

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I hope next time I'm in the UK I can stop down and see you for a visit!

DC313

DC313

Great to hear Bob! keep up the good work and look forward to seeing what the future holds!

mike74

mike74

Good work there Bob. You realise though you've little excuse to keep scrapping so many R's now you have the ability to save them...just sayin' Very Happy

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

mike74 wrote:Good work there Bob. You realise though you've little excuse to keep scrapping so many R's now you have the ability to save them...just sayin'  Very Happy

Very rarely break them now Mike and weve enough parts to keep them all going for years lol

Only cars we break and cut up are those that need to be taken off the road for good due to severe rot. That way they dont get lashed together and sold on to some other poor unsuspecting booger.

Cheers for the comments guys, im pleased with the way the workshop is turning out now, as said its still work in progress but means we can do virtually everything in house so not got to rely on others.

Il post some pics up of the paint jobs etc we do as and when they come in.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Can’t wait to visit next week Very Happy no booze this time tho fella as I’m flying over Mad

shroom

shroom

Great news Bob sounds like an exciting venture. I'm sure you will do well, here's to 2018 :-)

Girl racer

Girl racer

That's great news Bob, glad you are better now, all that hard work has been worth it Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum