Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosworth head gasket question.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cosworth head gasket question.  Empty Cosworth head gasket question. 17th October 2018, 3:00 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Just got my head back from the machine shop and I'm looking at fitting a cosworth gasket. Now, my block is bored 87mm with hks pistons fitted, but I see cosworth only do 87mm and 90mm gaskets. Will the 87mm gasket fit as reading a few posts people are saying you need to be 0.5mm bigger ideally. So basically what I need to know is are the cosworth gaskets 87.5mm stock or can I fit an 87mm gasket or do I need a different one. Sorry if this sounds confusing but I'm in the pub and I'm a bit pissed! Laughing

2Cosworth head gasket question.  Empty Re: Cosworth head gasket question. 17th October 2018, 3:37 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Yes, you should use 87mm gasket. If you go 87.5 then 0.5mm gap is a good spot for detonation. The squashing of the gasket is factored in. I bet you if you measure the bore then it will be 86....something and not dead on 87mm. So relax and have a few more pints.

3Cosworth head gasket question.  Empty Re: Cosworth head gasket question. 17th October 2018, 4:02 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Woo hoo happy days, I'll put one on order after my next pint!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum