Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

E10 fuel?

+2
nomad
burrows1980
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1E10 fuel? Empty E10 fuel? 9th September 2018, 8:51 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Evening all,

From what I’ve read and understand with the possible introduction of E10 fuel into the UK later this year, and on every forecourt by 2020... this will eventually effect us R owners as I see it with the removal of super unleaded to make way for the E10 fuel. The talk is larger stations that pump super will use the tanks for e10 in the switch over and keep e5 (95ron) as normal till 2020.

Further research into e10, performance figures and mpg decrease is shocking not to mention how much more it will cost to run a petrol car, although the gov will be happy with the extra cash made from increasing petrol sales!!

So for us to potentially run the R on E10, not as if I will, I’m under the impression as it’s a lower octane rating than current unleaded it would be a new ecu to be able to map the engine to a lower octane, replacement of rubber fuel hoses, fuel pump and any other seals that may be incompatible with E10.

I’ve always used super unleaded (98/99ron) so if they keep 95ron for the classic world then octane booster companies going to make a killing!

Correct me if I’m totally off track with this Laughing

Gaz

2E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 9th September 2018, 9:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/emissions/what-is-e10-fuel-and-how-could-it-affect-you/

3E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 9th September 2018, 9:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Interesting read and you are not talking rubbish mate as from what I read ...

4E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 10th September 2018, 6:37 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Hahahahaha, welcome to the USA! strongest thing we can buy at the pumps is 93 on the east coast, and 91 octane anywhere west of the Mississippi.

E-10 is a strange fuel though.

5E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 10th September 2018, 8:48 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

Nissan:
E10 petrol is cleared for use in all models with petrol engines from 1st January 2000.

We'll still be able to get E5 anyway and drop in an octane booster.

Anything that's high comp or forced induction will suffer due to low octane content.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

6E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 10th September 2018, 10:46 am

astarozna

astarozna

We use 10% - 15% of that thing in 95 but not in 98 at the moment. Was told by re seller that they can't get it consistent, different batches have different % of it in the mix from 5% - 15%. I'm all for the cleaner air but against bigger consumption and higher price. Switching to E85 would see you 33% increase in consumption of fuel.

7E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 10th September 2018, 11:04 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh e5 with octane booster seems best bet although only likely see 2 or 3 ron gains in real world use .
We had the gasohol 91 95 here for some time but also got good old gasaline like grandpa likes too ...
e10 is more environmental marketing nonsense, it all about making money from lower quality fuels.
No real major environmental benefit as you use more so produces much same carbon output if look at real world results plus fact service life of equipment/parts reduced you be creating more recycling waste/pollution that should be added to the equation :-O
Like most of the green schemes it complete bent logic :-S

8E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 11th September 2018, 10:01 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

It's more about sustainability, a lot of the ethanol is produced in the UK meaning in theory the price could be reduced as it's grown but it will go up because "government"

Only time will tell, got a roller close to me so I can get the car on that to see the difference if it ever comes here.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

9E10 fuel? Empty Re: E10 fuel? 11th September 2018, 11:31 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Can't see it as sustainable in large production fuel supply as too much volume base products and waste,
Only reason it currently popular concept is it can make money and distorts well into environmental figures . absolute no CO value in it, you offset any saving in the gasohol fuel by all the manufacture process of crops, mashing plants and waste handling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum