Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exhaust options?

+3
nomad
toaster55
k9pulsar
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:11 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

shud it have goose written on the tip?
how about this alternative by another member lol...The bung
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320594874734

52Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Mine hasnt. .... Dont see a problem with that people use them for mot's to help reduce the noise.

53Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:18 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Not sure then? I guess its the cheapest option lol

54Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I just removed a 5 " tip at the weekend and it looked similar to a mongoose tip but it was stamped something different but mongoose do a 5 inch tip aswell

55Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah its the cheapest think id rather have the noise Razz

56Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:29 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

you hardcore Leighton lol
I'd love to just hear the bov and boost sound Smile

57Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:30 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

johnny gtir wrote:I just removed a 5 " tip at the weekend and it looked similar to a mongoose tip but it was stamped something different but mongoose do a 5 inch tip aswell

How much is the tip for a 3inch goose?

58Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not sure they dont list them on the site as a seperate unit but sure if you email them you could probably get one.

59Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 15th January 2013, 11:44 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

mind you i wont need a 3 inch tip if am gona be sticking the bung thing in it lol

60Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 12:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Only thing is you will need to fix the bung inside the tailpipe so you will have to drill a hole in it or chuck a couple of tac welds to hold it in place

61Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 4:27 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

This is what you want
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEXi-155-A023-Exhaust-Control-Valve-ECV-80mm-Diameter-2-Bolt-Flange-Cut-Out-JDM-/200874579154?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec50ed4d2

Got one on my evo and works a treat .. pull the lever when pulling onto our estate and car becomes nice and quiet

62Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 5:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You know i totally forgot about those rob. .... Nice find. . Take it you just bolt it between the flange say of the decat.

63Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 7:01 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

yup between downpipe and decat then just feed the wire through the floor / grommet etc ive got the pull lever thing under my seat just in the right spot to reach ..

evo's loud when open and not loud when closed

64Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 7:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

These are what is used for track days to reduce the levels when they check Wink

65Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 7:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Are these dangerous ? How far do they close ? Sounds stupid but surly can not be good if you forget to open it and hit the loud pedal

66Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 8:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldnt think they do much good to be honest restricting the air flow excessivley has got to be harmful to the engine in effect it would be choking it up with carbon for a start. ... I guess if it was a qaurter shut wouldnt be that bad over a period of time kind of defeats the object of a free flowing exhaust though Rolling Eyes

67Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 8:15 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Doesn't block the exhaust fully just effectivley reduces the bore
if you try and drive with it closed the car WILL NOT ACCELERATE you know its closed .
You can still drive slowly . i.e under 2000 rpm
.It's either open or closed ..

68Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 8:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So it only goes how far? surely driving with it closed even under 2k must build up alot of pressure its like holding your hand over the exhaust to check for leaks you can only hold it for a minimal time before it blows your hand off. ... Im not trying to rubbish it at all just trying to understand how far shut it would go. .. And how much pressure it would hold back without causing damage.

69Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 8:39 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

all i know is surely if it closed fully engine would cut out .....

im not suggesting for one minute anyone drives for any length of time with it closed .
but for keeping the noise down driving onto our estate and on the drive wilst at idle for cooling down etc it works a charm ....
Surely the standard 2 inch exhaust with a cat is quite restrictive ..

70Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 9:23 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

GTI_R_IOW wrote:This is what you want
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEXi-155-A023-Exhaust-Control-Valve-ECV-80mm-Diameter-2-Bolt-Flange-Cut-Out-JDM-/200874579154?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec50ed4d2

Got one on my evo and works a treat .. pull the lever when pulling onto our estate and car becomes nice and quiet

Abit to complicated for me lol...I gues the bung is straight forward for sumone that deals with exhausts? Smile

71Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 9:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i believe the oe exhaust is to a point but it was designed with a certain flow rate. ... Well if it works for you then great and purposeful for the job and cant be that limited otherwise someone like apexi wouldnt put there name to it.

72Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 9:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not complicated at all usy. ... It goes in between the joint of the cat where the gasket goes. . Then a cable in the car wich operates the flap very basic close for quiet open for loud lol

73Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 9:35 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Sound good Leighton but with the bung aleast its kind of quiet even when puttin foot on the throttle?

74Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 9:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pros and cons mate with it all have you tried it out yet?

75Exhaust options? - Page 3 Empty Re: Exhaust options? 16th January 2013, 10:17 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

lol
hmmm...Nope lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum