Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox help

+6
johnny gtir
Gostek
Mr B
Cosmic73
Ryaneg6freak
Ricks1983
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Gearbox help - Page 2 Empty Re: Gearbox help 3rd April 2018, 8:34 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Ive seen the diagram rick has put up, if they can make an entire gear set, but can't shamffer those tiny edges off them selves (but know full well it needs doing) it's beyond me....they basically do 99% of the work for you then go....here... do the last 1% yourself (but don't even bother telling you) Any way, rant over

27Gearbox help - Page 2 Empty Re: Gearbox help 3rd April 2018, 9:27 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If the design of new gear kit requires standard parts altered it not a big deal and understandable when trying make strongest design fit in same casing using oem syncro parts.
What is totally out of order is no info on required mods with the kit when purchased or online on the product page .
I was always under impression quaife was straight fit no machining of oem parts . this thread first I ever heard or seen on reverse gear idler and reverse sncro ring edge chamfering .

28Gearbox help - Page 2 Empty Re: Gearbox help 11th April 2018, 3:13 pm

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

I was on that understanding too mr b. Now I’ve got to buy another bearing for one of the shafts as it need taking apart again. But on the other hand luckily enough my cousin work at Ricardo. They make gearboxes for the new Bugatti chirons and a good few f1 teams gears too! He done an awesome job for me on these two parts I had spares from buying Pete’s old gearbox for spares. My cousin has also said they do an extreme polish on the Bugatti gears allowing for better flow of the oil. He said it’s like mirror polishing the gears basically. He’s offered to do mine or anyone else’s if they would like it doing just chuck a drink his way lol
Gearbox help - Page 2 E6046e10
Gearbox help - Page 2 4b9d6910
Gearbox help - Page 2 895c7810
Gearbox help - Page 2 48d04210
Gearbox help - Page 2 0cd2ee10
Gearbox help - Page 2 D7c3cb10
Gearbox help - Page 2 79272110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum