Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standard GTIR power at the fly???

+3
nomad
Cosmic73
Stu Wiltshire
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 5th January 2018, 9:41 pm

Stu Wiltshire

Hello all, can someone tell me the standard power at the fly of a pulsar please?
Cheers stu

2Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Re: Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 5th January 2018, 10:01 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I might be wrong but i think it might 220bhp with stock 0.7 bar boost

3Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Re: Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 6th January 2018, 12:00 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It's should be 227 bhp ... would of thought that's at and not at the flywheel ... you lose something like 30% through transmission so flywheel would be a lot higher .... sure Mr b could confirm what loss through the transmission is ....

4Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Re: Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 6th January 2018, 12:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was wondering the other day is the transmission loss a percentage of the power you make or a fixed number?

5Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Re: Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 6th January 2018, 10:46 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I always thought it was 227bhp at the flywheel, then the loss was through the gearbox/transfer box etc then the final power was at the hubs?

6Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Re: Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 6th January 2018, 2:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh manufacturers always quote engine dyno crank hp as it industry standard .
In reality you can not accurately calculate wheel-hp to crank-hp by percentages as each transmission design has different windage, drag, mass, gear cut design and so on making them differ massively . also you have measure points in a transmision which is steady state (constant fixed speed) and dynamic (accelerating), Both of those will incur different power loses.
also loss will not be linier to input hp, more input hp will create extra loss in certain areas such as increased friction from load .

A rolling road uses run down drag with fine tuned mathematics and known values for car models and while potentially offering good usable ballpark figures in ideal machine and operator circumstances still won't be spot on .
You will see massive differences on R tranny losses from varying RR as they all differ, even same RR model and software will differ pending on condition of machine and operator and climate if massively different .
Condition of transmission and parts used will make difference too, changing drive angle through 90deg in final drive and diff ring and pinion is biggest power loss so mechanical condition of these on a 25yr old tranny plays big roll as does aftermarket gear kits being used and types of lsd diff fitted. Oil grade and actual level also big player, lot of variables so would need do lot of tests and pre checks to build up realistic usable numbers.

Bob a good option on input on this as he got a decent spec and pretty new RR and handling large number of R's so using that data for loss of hp figures and wheel figures of standard car vs manufacturer hp figure could be useful in calculations and confirming RR mathematical crank-hp accuracy .
I always used around 22 to 25% as rough ballpark guess on loss for the R standard tranny, it is nothing more than rough guess though .

7Standard GTIR power at the fly??? Empty Re: Standard GTIR power at the fly??? 6th January 2018, 6:08 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Thought this was pretty obvious?

It's at the flywheel the 227bhp was made, that's on the jap fuel.
I'm sure the UK spec was at 220bhp due to low octane rated fuel.

Anyway the stats below show both flywheel and at wheels.

Max Power: Pulsar: 169kw (227hp / 230ps) | Sunny: 162kw (217hp / 220ps) @6400rpm
Max Torque: Pulsar: 284Nm (29kgm / 209lb.ft ) | Sunny: 267Nm (27kgm / 197lb.ft) @4800rpm
Max Speed: 232kph (144mph) [Pulsar was electronically restricted to 180kph (112mph)]

There was a totally bone stock gtir that made 225bhp flywheel power at a rolling road day a few years back.
That's should give you an indication.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum