Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New gtir/ more power!!

+7
gtir_woody
nomad
Andy Sunny Gti
shroom
Stu
johnny gtir
Dav69
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New gtir/ more power!! Empty New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 4:31 pm

Dav69

Hi Guys,
First time posting here, virgin territory!
Bought myself a gtir off a member of this club today.
I'm basically looking too take the car near the 400bhp mark without consistent pain lol!!
Can you lads recommend a route to go down?

2New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 4:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

First welcome to the site. Who car we probably know it and can advise from there as to what's on it and which route to take.

3New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:02 pm

Dav69

New gtir/ more power!! Image10
New gtir/ more power!! Image10[url=https://servimg.com/view/19460548/2]New gtir/ more power!! Image10
New gtir/ more power!! Image10[/url]

4New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:03 pm

Dav69

Lol got excited on the button, I had it off tom pal!

5New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:14 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Sweet. You have bought a decent car there Smile
You will need a different turbo. Gt2871 or gt3071 or something different.
Bigger injectors.
Z32 afm.
Programable ecu. Power fc. Nistune. Or the likes.
Theres quite a few different mods you can do to help achive your goal.

6New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:18 pm

shroom

shroom

New turbo, some replacement injectors i.e 700cc, z32 maf, then possibly a decent clutch such as a spec clutch, either a nistune or simular ecu to remap then its checking over things such as check condition of fuel pump, and other areas as more boost and torque will have an adverse effect on everything. There are decent gtx garret turbos which can get good power from but as said I would personally do the following...

Cap power expectation at around 320bhp to begin with, get it checked over for fueling on the hybrid t28 its got on and with a few things you could easily see that figure. It may cost you 3k more if buying new parts.

And btw its me who he got it off :-)

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

7New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:38 pm

Dav69

Cheers lads, next question lol! Who's got some spare parts they want too sell 
Spec clutch, 
Injectors 700
Gt2871 turbo
Could I fit a cosworth full pump?
Z32afm
Ecu
Also is there a particular order I should fit these in terms of use
Looking forward too this

8New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:48 pm

shroom

shroom

Probably the easiest for you is to contact GTiR-US aka pulsar bobby on here, he will have loads of either refurbished or good used oarts to get you started. Really its up to you how they are fitted but if you change the ecu, injectors, afm or turbo you will need to get it mapped. Were as the pump, and clutch will obviously be fine.

Usually the fuel pump is a walbrohttp://importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info.asp?id=1840

But you can get bosch and others that may be better, but I havent used them.

Pulsar bob also has a full rolling road and can map and do anything you need and is a great guy so worth looking at, he is down south but worth a trip down as he knows these cars well

9New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 5:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Fuel pump
Clutch
Turbo depending on the type you but I would go 3071 then soon as you fit it no boost until you fit
Injectors air flow meter and Ecu will all have to go on at once and be mapped. Aim for 360 ish push 400 or above starts to cost abit more in my opinion. What's the car weekend toy or daily ?

10New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 6:00 pm

shroom

shroom

Also forgot it has a stock elbow and also stock down pipe so that would need to go as you want a more free flowing elbow and downpipe.

11New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 6:24 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Nice one, glad you sold it to a club member in no time.
Enjoy the car Dav..

12New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 6:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum ..... and good luck with your search for power Wink

13New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 7:43 pm

Dav69

Cheers nomad!! Power is key lol!

14New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 8:19 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome mate, great looking R you have there.

15New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 9:32 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Hey bud welcome to the forum let me know if you'd want to go for a Jap Fest with us as I've got club stand pass for this car

16New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 17th April 2016, 10:49 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Welcome to the club .
Get the car to a safe amount of power that your happy with.

Don't get stuck on numbers .
400bhp is an expensive number to get right and safe

17New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 18th April 2016, 6:26 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

All to do as said with what the car is used for. What suspension brakes etc you running ?. Just because there old don't make it a bad car but bushes etc make a big difference. 400 is fun but no good if you can not use it. A good set of vac lines a good ignition system etc are key to it running well been reliable before the big numbers happen. As mentioned elbow and downpipe i personally think after a lot of tests a full 3"system helps a lot.

Not been negative but you can see how it adds up cash and time wise just don't want you loosing interest or been off the road more than on it. 360 ish with reliability rather than 400 with issues once it's sweet up the power again if you have funds and more used to driving the car.

18New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 18th April 2016, 7:04 pm

Dav69

I know what your saying lads, yes I agree!
I'm going to get all the parts needed to go 400bhp and run it near the 360 mark for now!
Been looking for parts, bare in mind I'm a joiner lol! What paddle cutch do you recommend?
Also do I get a nissmo ecu and should I get it brand new! If anybody knows anyone with a 3071 turbo for sale. Been looking at gasket kits too any advise on these.
When is the jap fest pal?

19New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 18th April 2016, 7:09 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Japfest is this Saturday at Silverstone I'm in proces of emailing passes now so send me your email if you want yours but you'd need to organise ticket yourself

20New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 18th April 2016, 7:20 pm

Dav69

Sorry mate, I book up months in advance with me running my own company. Next time! Cheers thow

21New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 18th April 2016, 7:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Speak to bob at Www.gti-r-us.co.uk
Hes away for the week but he will have everything you need and will also talk in depth with you as to whats best Wink

22New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 18th April 2016, 7:56 pm

Dav69

Thanks stu

23New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 22nd April 2016, 1:00 am

grim_d

grim_d

What's that hybrid t28 capable of?

I could possibly be interested in a trade of some kind for my 3071r if you were interested?

I had it at 380bhp with a 2.5" exhaust. Would see 400+ with appropriate supporting mods.

24New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 22nd April 2016, 6:07 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Pretty sure japfest is this Sunday Mike....don't confuse me please Razz

25New gtir/ more power!! Empty Re: New gtir/ more power!! 22nd April 2016, 6:20 am

Dav69

I been reading up and looks to be capable of about 330bhp?! How old is yours pal and why the down grade!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum