Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spindel swap

+4
Mr B
gtir_woody
Ryaneg6freak
astarozna
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spindel swap Empty Spindel swap 3rd November 2017, 11:00 am

astarozna

astarozna

Is there any straight spindel swaps from 4x100 to 5x114.3 or do they have to be mashined?

2Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 3rd November 2017, 11:38 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Yes, Stracher Motorsports sells all 4 hubs as a kit with extended wheel studs. Around 700Euro If I remember right, you may want to contact Luca Cherubini, the owner.  And this kit is only the hubs, you do not have to change the spindle.

3Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 3rd November 2017, 2:22 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Thanks, €700 is a bit steep, was thinking if almeras or similar would be straigt swap.

4Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 7:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The rear hubs will be defs different anyway.

5Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 11:04 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

astarozna wrote:Thanks, €700 is a bit steep, was thinking if almeras or similar would be straigt swap.

No straight swap with Almera spindles.

It may have been $700 usd, in which case it would be cheaper in Euros. Contact Stracher to find out for sure. i've seen them, they're a work of art, and totally worth the cost.

6Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 1:36 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I remember someone doing it before (about 8 to 10yrs back) and assume they used hub from a  5 stud and machined to fit to our spindle knuckles etc . no idea exactly on details as none really given just pic of the finished 5 stud wheels fitted and solution easier than thought .
stratcher about easiest solution .

7Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 3:42 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Thanks guys i'll give it a go, there has to be some similar parts that will fit with slight modification.

8Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 6:00 pm

Zia

I bought a set off stracher motorsport. 2 months later still waiting........they say patience is a virtue,but this is taking the proverbial piss.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil wtf! finger finger

Zia

9Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 6:21 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh he is slow as everything made as needed generally and as 1 or 2 run you at back of cnc company queue lol .
Stuff he does is well designed mostly and well made and not many people actually put out products after the talk so got give him credit for doing it even if slowly ...

10Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 4th November 2017, 11:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

2 months is a bit taking the piss though lol ...

11Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 5th November 2017, 7:20 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Zia wrote:I bought a set off stracher motorsport. 2 months later still waiting........they say patience is a virtue,but this is taking the proverbial piss.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil wtf! finger finger

Zia

Mine took ages from him and I started to stress, but they showed up and couldn't be happier with the quality etc.

12Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 5th November 2017, 7:47 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Like you say getting stuff made is hard and takes a lot of time. I know as I have done it myself. Also if there is another person in the chain it’s even worse

My mate mark Willams done it a few year back with ( am I right in saying 200sx parts) he changed bearings etc from memory

13Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 5th November 2017, 10:36 am

ducie54

ducie54

Lol 2 months is nothing, try waiting 13 months. That's how long I needed to wait for an intake manifold. If I sellers knows it may take a while he should only be asking for a deposit.

14Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 5th November 2017, 6:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Works both ways tho a deposit is nothing if people drop out your left out of pocket. Look at the diffs I had money for them it took Modena that long I never bought them. Think bob got the price he was originally asking for one car he sold as so many left deposits and never went ahead.He had the car months on faulse promses

15Spindel swap Empty Re: Spindel swap 6th November 2017, 3:10 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

johnny gtir wrote:Works both ways tho a deposit is nothing if people drop out your left out of pocket. Look at the diffs I had money for them it took Modena that long I never bought them. Think bob got the price he was originally asking for one car he sold as so many left deposits and never went ahead.He had the car months on faulse  promses

And I keep waiting for Frank to cut his losses and sell the remaining stock of center diffs he made for what he originally promised.....I know damn well he still has some, or at least did last time I checked, which was over a year ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum