Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Side exit (hidden) exhaust

+7
TOMMYPRU.GTIR
Mr B
FPSChris
PartyPete
shroom
Welling_AL
toaster55
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 12:19 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Mike sorry fella think im going crazy cow Polybush is on your front arb so nothing to do with castor duh

However by the pic of where downpipe meets centre section just check that front U clamp (with £1.99 sticker)
as to me it looks as though the U clamp is not actually over the larger join on pipe but may just be the way im looking at the pic

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

27Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 12:39 pm

mike74

mike74

LOL, no bother Bob.

I'll have a butchers at that clamp later on today, cheers for the heads up Smile

28Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 12:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If minimal clearance with swaybar you could either make spacer for behind swaybar D bushes so drops a bit or try lift exhaust a fraction or make subtle shaped flat/indent to gain 5mm clearance to swaybar, wouldn't see a noticeable difference to boost or power if done minimal and neat .
It likely sag more in time so needs improving and if not easy may want shop tweak it as expect do free seems such recent job .
Tail look nice and responsible, does it rumble pleasingly yet quiet enough not be alarming .

29Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 4:06 pm

mike74

mike74

I might 'accidentally' put a small indent on the bottom if there's any witness marks where its been rubbing. But then again as you say its new so could probably get a free adjustment from them.

Its got quite a deep burble to it without being too loud n raspy (ie like a goose!). When idling and cruising in traffic its reasonably quiet and I don't think it attracts unwanted attention...unlike when you floor it.

One of the main criteria for the tailpipe was that I didn't want something that resembled a dustbin welded to the rear of the car. I asked him to bolt that bit on so I can swap it over if I get bored of it

30Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 4:44 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Looks good, I had mine done 3 inch all the way including the elbow which they said was a bitch to do and sounds great as well. I agree with you on tailpipe selection as the bean cans look shite imo, I went for just 3 inch pipe no chrome so it looks like a rally car, and I like the fact I have nothing to polish, lol

31Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 7:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have always wanted a titanium exhaust wonder what it would sound like on a R

32Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 7:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh i'm all for 3" tails kept subtle.
large pipe tips are awful nonsense .
Glad sound came out pleasing, raspy resonance can be issue with stainless, like bob mentioned oem aluminized steel tend create better sound and less drone .
What sort of prices does Powerflow charge for full system build ?

33Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 8:04 pm

mike74

mike74

@ bob- that clamp is ok, right at the end of the pipe but ok Smile

@ Mr B- turbo back including all clamps, fixings, tailpipe and front 3" flange was £520. Includes lifetime warranty too Very Happy

34Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 8:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That not bad if get end result planned for and lifetime warranty handy if keeping her years as a bad flexi or muffler is possible in time .
was a sensible choice as side exit on a almost daily road car is f00king stupid to be honest. less stuff you cut the better these days too unless heavily modifying and needs must .

35Side exit (hidden) exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: Side exit (hidden) exhaust 6th November 2017, 10:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That's a really good price I think goodpost

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum