Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Made a side exit exhaust

+9
toaster55
MartyMG
Gaz GTiR
paz
FPSChris
nomad
Welling_AL
gtir_woody
PartyPete
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Made a side exit exhaust Empty Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 7:28 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Well I finally decided to make a side exit exhaust, was a bit more to it than I first thought, and took about 13 hours from start to finish, first time Iv made anything like this! 3 inch stainless steel, stainless steel silencer which is 6 inch wide and 14 inch long! Had to dent the silencer slightly other wise the wheel would catch on full lock! Heat wrapped and when started surprisingly doesn't sound much louder than my old full length exhaust! Even though that only had a tiny silencer on it! Any way, it sounds great and spits flames, so happy with the result Smile!
Made a side exit exhaust 5EDFF662-001B-46D1-819A-BF8A4F0620B4_zpso39xunvp
Made a side exit exhaust A71E35E3-45BD-4A95-B174-B5AF632DD961_zps10mhhtep

2Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 7:34 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks good mate! Thats great it isn't much louder than what you already had on there. Get a pic of the flames Laughing

3Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 8:15 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers woody, yes I'll get some at some point this weekend hopefully Smile

4Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 8:37 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Looks awesome ! Good job !
What are you doing with the bumper ? Hole with metal trim to protect ?
Be good to see a pic with it all together ! (and some flames - as above)

5Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 8:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Totally unrelated but what offset are your wheels? Looks like they would have a good fit when the cars on the ground Smile

6Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 9:59 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yes Iv cut the bumper, got it bang on in the right place too, going to make an ali trim for it to protect! The wheels are 17 inch, 8j with a 35 offset! Got to trim the inner arch out a little as its catching a tiny bit!!

7Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 10:10 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Some great work .... did you mig that cant quite make out the welds in the pic .... is never as easy as you think but good job mate thumbsup

8Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 10:17 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yes migged it, was going to nip to my mates and tig but was pointless to be honest, just had to be careful when welding it around the turbo flange where the bolts go so as not to put to much on and not be able to get the bolts in! The old turbo elbow (ams performance) only had a 1 and 3 quarter inch exit.....no wonder it was being restricted! Should make the power I'm wanting now when I go back to have it mapped next month! Smile

9Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 1:09 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

PartyPete wrote:stainless steel silencer which is 6 inch wide and 14 inch long!
I'm surprised you got one in that space. Mines just a 3" pipe from elbow to bumper and it's frickin' loud at 114db idle

Nicely done though, they look great

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

10Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 1:17 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

FPSChris wrote:
PartyPete wrote:stainless steel silencer which is 6 inch wide and 14 inch long!
I'm surprised you got one in that space. Mines just a 3" pipe from elbow to bumper and it's frickin' loud at 114db idle

Nicely done though, they look great

Yes tbh it took some doing, but I didn't want it to be loud so I got the biggest silencer I could in there, will want to be able to do some track days with it, going to noise test it this weekend and see what it comes out at!

11Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 2:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can get decibel tester apps free on android ...

12Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 2:44 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yep got 1 on the old iPhone! Need to push the car out of the garage before I do it so I don't get a false reading

13Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 2:52 pm

paz

Fancy making another? Smile

Been thinking about it for years!

14Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 3:17 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I would but it's a lot a messing about, would have to be worth my while haha

15Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 3:18 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Nice... I just always think about how hot the drivers front tyre would get compared to the rest when a front exit is fitted...

Would it ever cause issues if on track?

16Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 3:20 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'll have to let you know on that gaz, the gap between the wheel and the exhaust is about a decent hand size, and it's wrapped! And also on track there is going to be a hell of a lot of cold fast flowing air around it so I can't see there being any issues! That heat wrap is good stuff!

17Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 3:28 pm

paz

PartyPete wrote:I would but it's a lot a messing about, would have to be worth my while haha

Laughing Let me know how much your while is worth and I'll decide whether this is the year I can be arsed making it happen Smile

Cheers

18Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 4:34 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ahh yeh never thought of it that way

19Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 7th January 2015, 10:01 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

I've got one very similar to yours I bought from a member on here. I wonder how long the silencer will last with a bad boy turbo inches away kicking the granny out of it?! A firm in Aldershot called Tuning Japanese used to do a front side exit for the R. It had a repackable silencer box. It cost £600+ tho which was a bit steep!

20Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 8th January 2015, 5:55 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Jesus £600 +!!!!! There could be a market for me doing this after all haha! Only time will tell with this one, it's a pretty substantial silencer so hopefully a good while! Is yours a 3 inch all the way through?

21Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 8th January 2015, 10:05 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Yes its a 3". Its has a 200sx elbow which heads in the right direction for an R side exit. I paid £150 second hand. Hopefully the silencer will be OK & less than 114db?! I've got some titanium heat wrap to put on & I only have 15" wheels so hopefully no clearance issues!

22Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 9th January 2015, 9:32 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

BTW Pete, what are you going to do about the exhaust cut out on the rear bumper? I have a 5" Goose wedged in mine & a Bracpan rear diffuser so I have a bit of an issue to make it look tidy!?

23Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 9th January 2015, 9:37 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

[img]Made a side exit exhaust 10-03-13_13-25[/img]

24Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 9th January 2015, 10:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bracpan rear diffusers are fibreglass so atleast it can be repaired with not to much difficulty ...

25Made a side exit exhaust Empty Re: Made a side exit exhaust 10th January 2015, 8:09 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

There is a member on here with a white r who attended the rolling road day last year, and his car was in the magazine, I can't remember who it was (hopefully he will read this and put a picture up) but he had cut a section of his rear bumper out level with where his exhaust was all the way along, it looked really tidy, and would have created slightly less drag! That's what I'm going to do, and I'm going to get a defuser made to go in that gap, hopefully out of carbon fibre as soon as I can afford! Your car looks very tidy btw Marty! Are those r888s on it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum