Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alternator

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alternator  Empty Alternator 11th August 2017, 1:00 am

92pulsar

92pulsar

On my drive home from work today my abs light came on when i got home shut off engine and tried to start it again it started byt was very slugish to do so i took off postive from battery and car died queation is should go go straight to the alternator as the problem or ahould i check other stuff too

2Alternator  Empty Re: Alternator 11th August 2017, 7:50 am

mike74

mike74

I would first start the car and check the voltage you're getting at battery before condemning anything. If voltage at battery is low then move the positive probe on you meter to the +ive terminal on the alternator to see if its any different. If it is measuring more then you've got a wiring fault (high resistance) between alternator and battery. If voltage is low at alternator too then chances are its FUBAR Sad
If the voltage measured when car is running ok but the car is still sluggish to turn over then it could possibly be a battery fault or maybe even the starter...begin with the easy checks first though Wink

3Alternator  Empty Re: Alternator 11th August 2017, 9:59 am

92pulsar

92pulsar

I noticed after starting again as i turn on accessories lights radio flshers engine starts running slower to the point of almost dieing

4Alternator  Empty Re: Alternator 11th August 2017, 12:52 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Check the lower pulley.
The outer ring often seperate from the vulvanised rubber centre.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum