Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

cheap manifold gaskets

+3
gtir_woody
nomad
Stu
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1cheap manifold gaskets  Empty cheap manifold gaskets 24th July 2017, 10:02 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I needed to buy a manifold to turbo gasket the other week.
Searched ebay and found one with the head to manifold gasket included for a cheap price.
So thought while it was all off I would change that one too.
Wish I fucking hadn't lol
The old gasket wasn't leaking so didnt need changing.
Put the new one on and I had a leak right away.
Couldnt be arsed to swap it back so left it.
Wasnt driving the car much so lived with it.
But each drive it got worse.
Decided tonight to take it off and put the multi layered metal gasket back on.
This is what I took off.
Fucking cheap piece of shite!!!
cheap manifold gaskets  20170710

2cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 24th July 2017, 10:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Don't always pay to go cheap was it not amother multi layer gasket ?

Was there meant to be a pic?

3cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 24th July 2017, 10:08 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Pic now added mate.
My photobucket links aren't working for some reason.
The cheap one isn't metal I do t think?
It is layered tho. Its already started to seperate.

4cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 24th July 2017, 10:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pic is working now ..... that's some serious amount of leaking going on .... do you never paste gaskets as well ? I always put a light coat on each side to take out any imperfections ...

5cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 24th July 2017, 10:21 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

No I have never added a paste to the manifold gasket.
Never thought about it.
I will do that if it leaks again Smile

6cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 24th July 2017, 10:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

It was leaking on all 4 ports ffs lol

7cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 25th July 2017, 3:55 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Piece of shit, I've never used sealant and been fine.

8cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 25th July 2017, 6:17 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Those type gaskets are nasty slightly better if they have the solid pressed rings around the inner but always use a quality multi metal for manifold and single metal on turbo both sides.which means I never req sealer or paste and it's fine. You still using a stainless mani Stu ? If so it certainly won't of helped with the gasket type you used

9cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 25th July 2017, 7:49 am

mike74

mike74

I've got very similar looking gaskets fitted to my fannymold...and turbo-fannymold and also the downpipe. They're not leaking so far but you've got me worried now Crying or Very sad

10cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 25th July 2017, 10:05 am

danno

I hate them gaskets, they nearly always blow no matter where you use them on the exhaust. I've just replaced all the gaskets on mine but used a genuine nissan manifold one and the turbo ones were metal ones from ID workz, they're all good so far.

11cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 25th July 2017, 1:12 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

johnny gtir wrote:Those type gaskets are nasty slightly better if they have the solid pressed rings around the inner but always use a quality multi metal for manifold and single metal on turbo both sides.which means I never req sealer or paste and it's fine. You still using a stainless mani Stu ? If so it certainly won't of helped with the gasket type you used
Yeah still got the dp manifold on Johnny.

I put the multi layered metal gasket back on and been out hooning it around and all is good again Smile

I won't be buying cheap again that's for sure lol

12cheap manifold gaskets  Empty Re: cheap manifold gaskets 25th July 2017, 5:11 pm

shroom

shroom

Haha I habe had the same multi layer hasket for 8 years now never blown, those things are cack.

Its a sharp learrning curve I have also done with the turbo elbow didnt tighten up my bolts enough or use spring washers so it all came loose and had to take whole turbo off to sort it

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum