Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best place to buy exhaust gaskets + other parts

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I've started to stock pile all the parts for when i do my clutch / turbo swap
so far i've got my padle clutch and a light weight flywheel insert for my fidanza
Got a tubular mainfold , light weight pulleys , and rad and oil caps on there way to me . Cheers Bob thumbsup 
Got genuine oil filter and am buying some new fuchs titan oil from opie

I remember speaking to edd at fusion a while back and he said to fit a 200sx manifold gasket because they are thicker than the gtir one .

So where is the best place to get one from?
Nissan or local motor factors ?
Also want the 5 bolt gasket turbo to down pipe

Also what other parts would you say i should change / replace while the engine is out?

What oil for gearbox and transferbox?

Gtirchris

Get the gaskets from Nissan buddy, they're not that expensive, you will need the multi layer S14 manifold gasket, iirc the gearbox and transfer box take 75w90 semi synthetic oil. Check the clutch fork for wear on the pivot point as they tend to go weak, you may as well do the re-inforcing mod to it whilst it is out. As for what else should be changed, check all of the water, vacuum and balance pipes round the back of the engine and under the inlet manifold, maybe think about replacing the water pipes with some nice shiny samco ones while you can get at them.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

il have a look tomorrow rob when I pack your parts
if I have them il throw them in as a freebie for you, will be s/h but sure ive got an mls gasket removed from car

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Ah. Actually i have the samco pipes on route from Bob . And also have a reinforced clutch arm ready to go in...

Forgot about them two parts.

Just need to source a tubby now

What tubby you after rob?

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Anything that is same bolt position as a standard tubby .. Don't want to be buying a new exhaust , etc

So either a brand new stage 1 or summit like that bob said 3071r i think

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

places like drift works do gaskets rob. multi layer manifold I think I use conceptor tuning on e bay for them. use the metal 5 bolt one I hate the other type

opies always have deals but one on until tue buy 5l get one free I run a oil cooler so this is ideal saves opening another 5l and have a top up not that it uses any oil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum