Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afternoon...new owner to be.

+5
Andy Sunny Gti
johnny gtir
Stu
nomad
Garbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 3:54 pm

Garbs

Afternoon all,
Thought I'd introduce myself, hopefully getting my first pulsar at the age of 42 in the next week or so, just waiting for some minor work to be completed on it and it's mot before going to Ed at fusion for a once over before I finally get.
Will post some pictures when it lands but it's a phase 1 in grey, it' has the umbrella (!) and has had some extensive engine work completed on it by Ed who used to own the car.
I've pestered a number of members on this forum via pm's asking if they would sell their car, so apologies to all I've annoyed!
A big thanks though to scott berry and Richard birtley (I don't know if they come on here) who have been absolutely brilliant and patient with me and my thousands of questions.
My plan is to enjoy the car of a weekend and replace/clean anything remotely dirty or worn to help with my OCD.
The only slight problem is, I've got no mechanical knowledge or skills whatsoever but I'm willing to give it a go and learn and ask plenty of questions.
Might be a dumb question to start, but is there a Haynes manual that would help i.e. For the sunny?
Many thanks,
Adam.

2Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 4:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can download manual on here or buy a disk off ebay either are pdf's so you have to sift through them so bit of research has to be done prior to work there is a few paper copies made last year wich were done on here including myself got one but they are huge being 2 volumes ... the odd manual comes up for sale on ebay but they fetch silly money and dont come up very often at all ...

3Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 5:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Certain things are just like any other cars so if you have some knowledge in doing brakes. suspension. Bush replacement like arb's wishbones etc so doing stuff like cleaning re painting things like hubs calipers subframes arbs etc are fairly straight forward however i find it always leads to the "i might aswell do this jobs " lol . . Anyway im sure we can help you along the way if your quest thumbsup

4Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 5:46 pm

Garbs

Cheers nomad, appreciate it.
One of my first jobs will be to remove, clean and powder coat the sub frame and arms etc, new bushes, cv joints the lot.
I don't know whether it's best to simply buy whole new components including a subframe so I can take the one lot off and 'simply' put the new one on.

5Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 6:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It depends really how much you want to spend sure you could buy a second hand one and bushes get them powdercoated but sounds like your have a few bits you want powdercoated so better to get a job lot done as probably work out cheaper and while they are getting powdercoated you can do the other jobs like cv boots fuel pump pipes undersealing paint the rear diff the list goes on lol

6Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 6:04 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome.

7Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 7:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome guess your was going to say Scotland way knowing Richard n Scott ? Is it a members car you bought or did Edd have one of his own

8Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 7:38 pm

Garbs

Johnny, I'm from Birmingham mate.
I just got talking to Richard and scott about pulsars...top blokes.

9Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 7:49 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nice one thought you were from up north.lots of helpful people with lots of knowledge

10Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 7:53 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

This the one that is over 400bhp, think for £10k or something like that on Ebay the other week?
Looked clean and a decent example.
Welcome btw...

11Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:02 pm

Garbs

Just under Andy. Apart from some cosmetic tidying up, hopefully it won't need anything major doing to it.

12Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:08 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Just up the road from me then.
£10k is a tidy price to pay and have work to do on it..
Any links to the sales add so we can see what you are buying?

13Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:13 pm

Garbs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232308965337

14Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:20 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Garbs wrote:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232308965337
Looks and sounds like a decent car Smile
Price seams about right with the price of them at the moment Wink

15Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Price is not wild i guess for a sorted r .. doesnt look like you need to do huge amounts on it .. well i hope not for the price ...

16Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:32 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome mate, looks like a clean R, glad you finally got your hands on one then Smile

17Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:35 pm

Garbs

So do I!
As I've said, what I intend to do is for my OCD and to preserve the longevity of its life, nothing essential...hopefully!
Whereabouts in the West Midlands are you Stu?

18Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 8:58 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Garbs wrote:So do I!
As I've said, what I intend to do is for my OCD and to preserve the longevity of its life, nothing essential...hopefully!
Wolverhampton mate.

19Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 9:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If you was abit closer i have a complete rear end subframe... diff.. driveshafts hubs tie bars ..arb all still together you could of stripped it and got it ready for bolting on ...

20Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 9:41 pm

Garbs

nomad wrote:If you was abit closer i have a complete rear  end subframe... diff.. driveshafts hubs  tie bars ..arb  all still together you could of stripped it and got it ready for bolting on ...

What's the condition of it please nomad?

21Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 9:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Be same as the rest of these mate ... could do with paint and new bushes but diff and hubs driveshafts in gwo i have loads of other parts too ...

22Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 9:58 pm

Garbs

Stu wrote:
Garbs wrote:So do I!
Wolverhampton mate.

Stu I'm not a million miles away, just by bournville, be nice to have someone knowledgeable and close when I bugger something up Laughing

23Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 9:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats if you wanted them perfect obviously only thing its missing is calipers and discs ...

24Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 10:00 pm

Garbs

nomad wrote:Be same as the rest  of these mate ... could do with paint and new bushes  but diff and hubs driveshafts in gwo  i have loads of other parts too ...

Right then, could you hang onto them until I get my car please? Be ideal to have something to work on while I use the car.
If the price is ok I'll have it all off you.

25Afternoon...new owner to be. Empty Re: Afternoon...new owner to be. 1st May 2017, 10:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its quite heavy so not sort of thing you could pop in an envolope in the post lol .....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum