Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL)

+5
Stu
gtir_woody
PartyPete
nomad
sven777
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 8:43 pm

sven777

Hello GTI-R friends,

Here Sven from the Netherlands. It's about time I introduce myself; have been reading on here for quite some time now; even bought some parts from some of you Very Happy

My first car was an Alfa Romeo 33, after I sold that I bought a Sunny GTI-R from a polish guy in Germany that just imported it from Italy. I put it on Dutch plates and had a two year love and hate relationship (daily driver); think most of you might know that part :lol One of the lower oil squirters broke, and I ended up rebuilding the complete engine.

Anyway, I sold the car as I needed funds to study abroad. I sold it to a guy from Norway, his father was a captain and he was coming to Amsterdam port with a freight-vessel; we did a testdrive on the docks and I drove the car onto his ship myself.

After graduation and getting a job I bought and resold some other cars; BMW 525, Audi coupe and a Maserati 2.24v, a Quattroporte V8 and a Ghibli 2.0. However; I always regretted selling my red rocketship... So now, more then 10 years later; I found another LHD GTI-R (these are getting extremely rare as collectors buy up everything with investment potential due to the low interest rates for the last 5 years). This time an original Dutch car, also in red. I didn't think twice, and bought the car straight. Although, it does need some attention as the car has some issues.

I will put up some pictures later of my new car, here are some pictures of the old one from 12 years ago...

I just wanted to know, maybe someone on here knows about the car, or maybe someone has been reading on the forum without registering, would be great to know what happened to the car. Anyone from Norway here?

introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_771749430_gtir020_122_509lo introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_771754751_sunnyGTI_R020_122_217lo introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_771757311_sunnyGTI_R024_122_409lo

2introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 8:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum sven .... glad to see your up and posting .... and good luck with your new gtir thumbsup

3introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 9:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Welcome Sven. Your old car looks extremely clean, Amy pics of your new one?

4introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 9:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum mate, great to hear you were lucky enough to picked up another R thumbsup

5introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 9:09 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome.
Great story!
Everyone that ever owns a gtir always comes back at some stage Smile

6introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 9:24 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome and keep posting once you show us your car. To many readers and not posting

7introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 11th April 2015, 11:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

8introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 13th April 2015, 10:39 am

sven777

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As said; here are some pics from the new car, not very high quality; since they were taken with my cell:

introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_919836596_IMG_20140514_WA0006_122_99lo introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_919838847_IMG_20140518_WA0024_122_10lo introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_919839504_IMG_20140518_WA0028_122_539lo
introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_919840396_IMG_20140625_WA0000_122_122lo introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Th_919841472_IMG_20140625_WA0005_122_88lo

First thing I did was change the hideous super heavy 17 inch poser wheels for some white OZ's, think white wheels suit the red R. Anyway; I also removed the "double intercooler" setup; haven't seen something like that before: top mount in combination with a small VW Golf type intercooler in the front. Was very laggy; so I ditched both intercoolers and decided to run the same setup as I had on my old car: was lucky to find a good quality ARC top mount  Very Happy

I just had the complete engine bay dry-ice blasted and it already looks a lot better, will keep you guys in the loop on the process, many upgrades planned, car already has a forged engine with CP pistons and Manley rods, but is still running on original boost.

9introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 13th April 2015, 10:53 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Certainly looks clean .... and defo white wheels look much better .... so you plan on more power seeing as your engine is already forged ???

10introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 13th April 2015, 1:28 pm

sven777

Definitely! My first R was pushing around 330 on a Gizzmo chip, but I plan to push this one a bit further, but only just a bit as I favor low lag as opposed to top end power.

I have collected the following parts ready to be mounted on the car:

1. new turbo (GTX spec 2871R .64)
2. new manifold (custom made) with Tial MVS ext gate
3. HKS 264 cams
4. Koyo 53mm rad
5. dump-valve
6. Mongoose full system and 3inch turbo elbow
7. Z32 MAF with Apexi filter (incl. stainless induction pipe)
8. Cusco Strut braces front, back and underbody
9. Oil catch tank system
10. Walbro pump
11. nomad pillar pod and two gauges (boost and EGT)
12. boost controller (Gizzmo)
13. ARC TMIC
14.original alu bumperguard

Aiming for around the 375 mark, still need to get braided lines for the turbo water and oil and I don't have injectors yet.

Probably the turbo will take more then 375, but I don't want to push it as that what everyone says is about the safe maximum for a ARC TMIC. I want to keep the car looking standard, it will be a roadcar so I think I won't melt my plugs like Bob did :-)

11introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 13th April 2015, 2:21 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Should be fine on road car, could look at water injection too to help cooling.
Worth chemically cleaning the arc internally as expect fair bit off oily residue built up.
A heat blanket over the rocker cover is good too.
Top mounts are better than credited & in cooler climate countries quite usable.

Wheel change made an astounding difference. Looks beautiful & proper rally hard :-)
Bumper guard will look sweet too thumbsup

12introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 13th April 2015, 5:24 pm

sven777

Good idea about the heat blanket! Will give that a go! Chemically cleaning an intercooler? I know that you can fill it with petrol and then shake it around? Might even do that with E85 as the alcohol should probably clean well? How do you chemically clean an intercooler, any specific substance?

13introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 13th April 2015, 5:41 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

acetone does a good job but so does petrol if done a few times & left soak a while.

14introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) Empty Re: introduction R owner 2.0 (from NL) 20th April 2015, 9:54 pm

sooni

Decent car you've got there mate,good luck with your project.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum