Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS

+2
nomad
mightydquinn
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 6th April 2017, 11:45 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello all,

I'm going to liner my car if possible so I don't crack another block, does anyone know if these ones fit....

https://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-cylinder-liner-sr20det.html

If not, any that do? I'm going to do them to 67mm.

Thanks Chris

2DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 6th April 2017, 11:59 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

https://www.tmsmotorsport.co.uk/hks-cylinder-liners-ps13-s14-s15-2399-rn001

3DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 6th April 2017, 5:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

mightydquinn wrote:Hello all,

I'm going to liner my car if possible so I don't crack another block, does anyone know if these ones fit....

https://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-cylinder-liner-sr20det.html

If not, any that do? I'm going to do them to 67mm.

Thanks Chris

67 guess you mean 86 or 87mate

4DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 6th April 2017, 5:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

How come your block cracked ?

5DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 6th April 2017, 6:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Darton do them johnny ....

6DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 8:29 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cheers for the links pal!

Yes Johnny, I definitely meant 87mm so they will fit my JE pistons.

Cracked on cylinder number 3 into the water jacket, that's 2 engines now that's done the same thing with different mappers and different power levels! I know it's a weak spot, I just want to get it modified so it wont happen again!

Are the Darton ones better then Nomad?

7DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 8:52 am

ben15476

ben15476

So what are you taking to Cadwell at the end of the month then?
Question

8DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 9:25 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I've booked on in the Abarth pal!

Can't believe you ain't booked on by the way!!!

9DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 9:48 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not sure if they are better or not from what ive seen they have been used on quite a few big power builds ..

10DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 10:00 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

it looks like a company called performance unlimited fit those, and there pretty close to me as I'm in Leeds.

Anyone heard of them.....

http://www.performanceunlimited.co.uk/brands/darton-sleeves/

Not running big power, it was 472 last time so with the tubular manifold and modified intake and downpipe it will probably only be a little bit more!

11DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 10:25 am

ben15476

ben15476

mightydquinn wrote:I've booked on in the Abarth pal!

Can't believe you ain't booked on by the way!!!

Too scary that track.
I dont like it...

12DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 7th April 2017, 10:13 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

It's just slippy up top pal...... it's well known about it, something to do with the trees!!

13DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 8th April 2017, 2:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Use 86mm je pistons on a loose bore and you wont have that issue
Will sound like a diesel from cold but once upto temp you can rag the living daylights out of it and providing its mapped to perfection and there are no other ancilary issues it should last you a fair few miles on track Wink

Personally i would forget the liner route for many reasons but thats your call.

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 8th April 2017, 6:19 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

That's what I had in pal! Yes, sounds like a tractor when cold but once it warmed up it was sweet! Without going into great detail (I tell you next time we're out!) it was a driver error as to why it broke, I just want to make it stronger so if driver error happens again, the car will still be fine!

I have never really been a fan of liners, like you, for many reasons. I just don't want it to crack between the water jackets again and liners seem like the way to make that part stronger! I'm out of other ideas unless u know of any others? And no, less abuse to the car isn't the answer!!!! Hahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

15DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 9th April 2017, 9:10 am

ben15476

ben15476

Buy another car?

16DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 9th April 2017, 9:28 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I can't believe you put that as a solution on the owners site!! Lol! Next you'll find yourself getting negative reps!!

17DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 9th April 2017, 11:01 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

To have same issue twice you got something else in your build adding stress to the block .
I run 87mm and even done 88mm at lower 400's as 54c blocks harder/costly source over here . Standard liners are better than reputation would suggest and better than less than perfect installed aftermarket liners.
I've spanked 87mm at 8krpm limit for years mainly drag and some track use.
I would look at engine harmonics, balancing, thermal loads, gasket/head bolt fitment and engine mounts as it basically block rigidity and high rpm are main part but with the other stresses adding to the breaking point .
Buying another car is not a great option lol . got enough fannies selling already ... :-)

18DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 10th April 2017, 8:56 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

They have been a lot of years apart Mr B...... and this one was driver error on an engine that was red hot after a 20 minute track session. The engine had done a few miles too!

Are the S13/14/15 liners etc just the same as the the ones for ours then? The Darton Liners only do a dry sleeve like the rest of them but they want £1260+VAT for it! If the HKS liners fit, that will probably cost me about a grand all in!!

19DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS Empty Re: DO THESE LINERS FIT OUR CARS 10th April 2017, 4:51 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I have taken everyone's advice........ I'm not buying/installing the liners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum