Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bleed Point?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bleed Point? Empty Bleed Point? 27th May 2016, 2:28 pm

Mark Ager

is there a bleed point on the coolant system anywhere? Hopefully on the head somewhere? I recently changed a lot of hoses and replaced the coolant. I was quite surprised when it seem to just fill fine from the radiator cap. But after a long trip it over expanded in the tank and leaked out, the hoses felt like they had air in them I got some of it out but am sure there's still some in there.

2Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 27th May 2016, 2:55 pm

shroom

shroom

There is on the thermostat housing but leaving the car running up to temp and leaving the rad cap off has always been fine for me, keep topping it up slowly. Im sure the workshop manual showed a method of holding open the rad cap to expel the air etc but the way I have done it seems to work fine.

3Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 27th May 2016, 2:59 pm

Mark Ager

Yeah thats what I do but it just struggles to get to temp on idle.

4Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 27th May 2016, 9:30 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mark Ager wrote:Yeah thats what I do but it just struggles to get to temp on idle.

How long do you leave it idling for?

5Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 28th May 2016, 8:16 am

Thermal

Thermal

Also make sure you have the heater on hot then you can ensure it has bled through the matrix when it blows hot.

6Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 2nd June 2016, 7:14 am

Mark Ager

Yeah I use the heater to normally gauge if its airlocked, but this time it was nice and warm and still seemed to have air in. But to be fair my car is weekends only at the most and I was coming back from the Nurburgring so a little air lock aint bad going really. I left it idling for like 10minutes. I'll try again this weekend.

Anyone got any tips to get the rear dif drain & level plugs out? I'm struggling to budge them at the moment I haven't put any heat on em yet, i'll see how that goes.

7Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 2nd June 2016, 9:06 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You can try decent release oil or heat, if well stuck you may need weld bolt into plug to get them out.
I use few turns of ptfe tape on fitting them as 1: it seals easy without need be tight and 2: it acts as barrier between the 2 differing metals reducing reaction issues and seizing .

8Bleed Point? Empty Re: Bleed Point? 2nd June 2016, 9:31 am

Mark Ager

Good thinking ill try that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum