Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

anyone watch bbc3 tonight

+4
pulsarmoley
nomad
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty anyone watch bbc3 tonight 24th April 2013, 9:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just watched license to kill on 3

quite shocking really!
does make you think what the consequences can be next time you slap your foot on the loud pedal pale

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 24th April 2013, 9:17 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep just watched it affraid & your right it dous make you think, & the street racing was filmed at my local cruise & its people like them idiots that give us enthusiasts a bad name.
If it was older generation in decent cars i honistly dont think there would be any of that racing, people would just park up & have a chat & a walk about! But these days kids buying saxo' & corsas thinking there untouchable attract police & cause problems & accidents.

But it has opend my eyes to the dangours in general :/

3anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 24th April 2013, 9:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What channel is it on ? Ive got freeview .....

4anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 24th April 2013, 9:35 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

BBC 3 mate Wink

5anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 24th April 2013, 9:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh yeah i see it now .... it had finished thats why i couldnt see it scratch

6anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 24th April 2013, 9:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

itll make me think before slapping my foot down in the gtr in future

all great fun at the time but only takes one incident to wreck yours or someone elses life
maybe its me just getting old Laughing

7anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 25th April 2013, 8:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Bloody hell just watched it, certainly makes you think about things. Does piss me off seeing all them chavs racing about, think new drivers should have power restrictions like you have on motorbikes when you first pass. Cant believe that bloke that said he would kill himself if he became paralyzed in front of her!! Shocked

8anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 25th April 2013, 9:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I didnt see all of it ... but did see that part it goes to show hes intelligance of how he answered it in front of that girl Shocked

9anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 25th April 2013, 9:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I know we've all broke the speed limit at some point (dont believe anyone who says the haven't) but some of these idiots dont deserve a license. I dont feel sorry for the people that have killed themselves but you got to feel a bit for their families.
There was a young lad killed near me a few years ago, it was a wet night and he was on his 125cc bike having a race with someone, he lost control and collided with a lamp post. Everyone was like how sad, poor lad etc Maybe im just cruel but i thought his fault end of. I knew the risks when i had a bike and drove sensibly most of the time and when i opened it up it was away from everyone...

10anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 25th April 2013, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No i do agree pete like anything like motorsport . Track days. street racing there is a risk and you do it knowing the risk i used to be a total nutter behind the wheel when your younger you think your untouchable. But i grew up and dont take silly risks i think its like you have to prove your the best driver with the fastest car but me now i look at it as in i have a powerful car and i havnt got to prove it when a silly little boy pulls up next to me at the lights lol

11anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 25th April 2013, 10:04 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah im still young but very reserved in the pulsar, yeah ill probably have a quick blast against a few chav motors just to put them in their place but not round town, not when road conditions are crap and definately not when i have others in the car.
Fed up of people being fooled about so called victims. A local kid stole a bmw motorbike and killed himself, then the family have the cheek to turn round and say what a lovely kid he was, stealing someones property, dont think so. Only later did people find out what he had done!

12anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 2:18 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

Didn't see the program, but do recall hearing somewhere of someone in 'a powerful car' burning off a kwacker ZX10 ... Rolling Eyes

Happy birthday, Bob!

13anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 3:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes your quite correct keith lol and thanks for the b'day wishes,

im no angel by any means and have never professed to be
as said though it does make you think after watching that programme how easily everything can go tits up so to speak.

il certainly think before slapping my foot down on the road in future if im carrying passengers

14anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 5:07 pm

Depends on where you putting your foot down.seemed as if most of them were putting there foot down in built up areas,the girl hosting the show made a mistake while driving she may still have crashed regardless of the speed she was doing

15anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 6:35 pm

Made me think, specially with some things I have done in the past.

16anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 7:07 pm

I never ever speed through 30 or 40 zones but once you leave those zones it's a different matter.
Still surprises me though the amount of cars who do everything they can to get past when I'm do 30 mph just for them to do no more than 50 once they hit the dual carriageway

17anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 7:09 pm

Thats because they think that speed camera vans will be waiting for them.....we hardly ever see camera vans in towns now, suppose there is not enough money there.

18anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:04 pm

t16coupe

t16coupe

im on my 2ed section 59 for racing silent

19anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:07 pm

Gtr scott

Evening guys what have I missed then ,I gather its something I end up clearing up in the day job Smile

20anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:10 pm

Basically boys and girls racing in cars, yep so if your a fireman,policeman or paramedic then you will be shovelling body parts up.

21anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:16 pm

Gtr scott

Done that been there more times than I've wanted to ,I'm no angel but I would love to show some of the things I have seen to some of these young guys who think there invincible and drives like lunatics

22anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:18 pm

Worst one that sticks in you mind is?

23anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:43 pm

Gtr scott

The worst ones are all ways the ones where they injure or worst still kill the innocent which seems to happen all to often,it does put a different perspective on life sometimes ,make the most of life but use your loaf Smile

24anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:50 pm

I've a mate who is a fireman.worst one for him was turning up at a crash to find out it was a friend from school who had crashed his car.they had to cut the car up to get the passenger out.the passenger turned out to be his ex girlfriend who died on the way to hospital
A few weeks later he left the fire brigade

25anyone watch bbc3 tonight Empty Re: anyone watch bbc3 tonight 27th April 2013, 8:59 pm

Gtr scott

It can happen I'm lucky in that respect that I never had to cut anyone that I know out of a car and hope I never have to ,but I know some guys that have, not nice makes it that much more personnel ,you do have to detach yourself some times as much as you can but the bad ones never leave you really but love the job without sounding to cheesy it only takes one you can save to make it all seem worth it Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum