Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As I said I would this is my new toy :)

+11
splmum
johnny gtir
shroom
Stu
Cosmic73
Spark plug spike
Mr B
PartyPete
pulsarmoley
gtir_woody
ROB_IOW
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 10th February 2016, 9:32 pm

Spark plug spike wrote:
Bandyleg wrote:
robd wrote:did you get the hand controller with the ecu?

Turns out though that if you read the bumph, apexi FC doesn't support the standard boost signals so you have to make a change in the ECU (If you have the handset), or you have to add the manual boost controller and hook it up to the 3 pin port on the side. Im not saying this is conclusively my issue but its certainly not going to help my cause.    

It seems that way according to the attachment, fingers crossed it will sort it out.

Probably as they were sold separately and most suppliers often just sold ecu and had to order the controller in

77As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 10th February 2016, 10:38 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

It would be nice to have one but I need to spend money else where first lol

78As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 1:21 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Sweeeet!! She is alive!! Put the standard maf plugs and ecu in, turned the key a couple of times to get the fuel through and vrooom she lives Smile

It seems to he hunting a little bit so something isn't quite right on tick over and the the little idle screw makes little to no difference unless it's almost all the way out.

So next plan is figure what's causing it to hunt but I have a feeling that it could be vac pipes still. But overall not a bad morning.

79As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 1:26 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Nice one, Cool

80As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 2:10 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Sweet. Happy for you Smile

81As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 5:25 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Thanks guys Smile

Thanks to spike for his time and then travelling he did, and thanks to johnny for the phone calls Smile

Now round 2 should start next week when the boost controller arrive Shocked

82As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 6:00 pm

shroom

shroom

Lol if Sue hadnt have deleted the post you could have done that first as thats what I said to do start off with stock and then work forwards anyway glad you got it sorted :-)

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

83As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 6:50 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

shroom wrote:Lol if Sue hadnt have deleted the post you could have done that first as thats what I said to do start off with stock and then work forwards anyway glad you got it sorted :-)

Hahaha yes you did but I'm a typical guy, and at the time I couldn't because I couldn't find the maf connector Smile

maybe next time I'll listen.

84As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 7:16 pm

shroom

shroom

Well at least you tried. You may have been able to do it all and it run fine so atleast you tried it first no harm done!

85As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 8:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well done fella..... congrats

86As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 10:30 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

My next plan is to trace all the vac pipes via the diagrams on the forum, make sure they are all spot on, figure out this minor hunting and then look to fit the z32, injectors and ECU later down the line. I'd like to run it for a few hundred miles this summer before I start the winter spruce up Smile

87As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 10:38 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You got someone lined up to check it once fitted to check the map ?

88As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th February 2016, 11:42 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnny gtir wrote:You got someone lined up to check it once fitted to check the map ?

No not yet I've got to do some research as I don't want to drive it to far. Being based up in Cumbria (kendal) I'm almost in the middle of no where lol

89As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 4:42 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Oh my, you have to love these cars, once I let her get up to temp and the fans kicked in and water started moving around to cool her, I stopped it checked all my levels and all is good, Went to set off for a short lap of where I live and POP.... Oh no whats that.... Power steering.. It seems that the Banjo at the top left of the engine bay.. the pipe had been damaged during removal and it spat PS fluid everywhere.

Ahhhhhhh at least my car starts and looks well.

I know I have to replace the whole pipe (Not Fun) but I also have a method for a temp fix... until the engine comes back out for the future work planned.

A simple 8mm hydraulic compression fitting should work, or you can also purchase new banjos in the correct size with Hydraulic compression fittings just incase any one else ever had this issue. I shall update with pics once its done.

90As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 5:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Scotty just had the same problem I am sure

Thing that makes me cringe is the way people treat the wires on our cars seen so many crap joins or people riving on with them. There old rather them than me I have pictures of the faults it can cause

91As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 5:55 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Bit of bad luck there mate, Sad
But they reckon neccessity is the root of all invention  Very Happy

When you say banjo, do you mean the big output one that needs a 22mm spanner?
Thats the only banjo ive got fitted to my PS,

Last edited by Cosmic73 on 15th February 2016, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

92As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 5:57 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Forgot to say that if it is this banjo, ive got a spare if need?

93As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 8:48 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

This pipe is what's broken, (Pic curtsey of Stu) it snapped about an inch or so from the actual banjo. I think an 8mm internal diameter peace of copper/brass pipe with a good clean some flux and solder would also do it Smile  

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 12736110

94As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 8:53 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnny gtir wrote:Scotty just had the same problem I am sure

Thing that makes me cringe is the way people treat the wires on our cars seen so many crap joins or people riving on with them. There old rather them than me I have pictures of the faults it can cause

Sorry Johnny only just saw this.. Lots of bits are fragile. Ill keep my mouth shut on wiring at the moment as my maf isn't exactly A1 lol but it will be once Ive all my bits sorted, I also missed the posty today and need to pic up my boost controller from the post office.

95As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 8:55 pm

shroom

shroom

Johnny doesnt know what he is talking about its all about the twist and tape! Solder is for woman Laughing Laughing

Have you tried to move it without power steering thats a fun game!

96As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 9:02 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

shroom wrote:Johnny doesnt know what he is talking about its all about the twist and tape! Solder is for woman Laughing Laughing

Yep I was half way round a round about when it went pop Smile needless to say the grip on the steering wheel tightened Very Happy

97As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 9:53 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

shroom wrote:Johnny doesnt know what he is talking about its all about the twist and tape! Solder is for woman Laughing Laughing

Soft poof it's easy 

Hey some of the joints were solder but they heated the wire that long it Prob caused wire to fail.

98As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 15th February 2016, 11:03 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Hahaha you mad head I can barely turn the dam thing without power steering Smile

Now where did I put that duct  tape lol

Last edited by Bandyleg on 16th February 2016, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

99As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 16th February 2016, 12:16 am

splmum

splmum

I had this problem with my PS pressure line, it had split near the middle union (with the bracket) that has the pressure restrictor fitted into it.
Removed the entire hose and took it to an hydraulic hose shop and they cut out the restrictor, welded it onto the pipe that attaches to the pump and made the fittings exact to angle so no twist of the hose when reinstalled.
This cost me Australian Dollars $135 so in UK you should get it for under GB 75.00.  
Well worth it for the knowledge of having a new hose.

100As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 4 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 16th February 2016, 10:32 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

splmum wrote:I had this problem with my PS pressure line, it had split near the middle union (with the bracket) that has the pressure restrictor fitted into it.
Removed the entire hose and took it to an hydraulic hose shop and they cut out the restrictor, welded it onto the pipe that attaches to the pump and made the fittings exact to angle so no twist of the hose when reinstalled.
This cost me Australian Dollars $135 so in UK you should get it for under GB 75.00.  
Well worth it for the knowledge of having a new hose.

For that Kind of money I can more than likely just buy a whole pipe.. But after some research on the pressure reached by power steering and the minimum standards for Hydraulic pressure fittings, a simple 4 GBP fitting seems a far better option until I drop the lump again and put the whole new pipe in when the engine is out of the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum