Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As I said I would this is my new toy :)

+11
splmum
johnny gtir
shroom
Stu
Cosmic73
Spark plug spike
Mr B
PartyPete
pulsarmoley
gtir_woody
ROB_IOW
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty As I said I would this is my new toy :) 12th January 2016, 2:40 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Tried to create my own Gallery but it says the albums are full ( Admin?)

So here goes these are the pics of my toy and some of you will have already seen these elsewhere on FB.

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  12386512

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Driver10

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  12357910

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  12380210

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  12366510

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  12395310

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  12511810

Nothing to special to look at but gives me a little working progress. I also have some extra added goodies that will be going on, 8 pot calipers with mounting brackets and I think they are 320mm floating discs, Apexi ECU and according to the previous owner it has a brand new exedy 3 poc clutch and a flywheel to match, although it doesn't make sense as I have 4 poc and flywheel to match as extras with the car!!?? apparently the guy had big plans for it but was laid off work and needed cash.

Down side is bottom end is knocking, and I knew that when purchased, it also bangs and farts like a slapper on her last round of the night when your trying to set off slow in 1st. I could do with figuring why this is before I rip the old girl apart and start on the engine. Fingers crossed if I time it right the body work will be sorted along side the engine re-build. Once that's all done and the suspension (as been discussed elsewhere in the forum) then I want a set of genuine OZ compomotives (Dished Rally version) to finish it off. So nothing too fancy on the outside. Smile

Last edited by Bandyleg on 12th January 2016, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad english)

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Nice car ... Love the wheels

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Looks sweet. I do like the red ones.
I want some of those floor mats Smile

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Thanks guys Smile
Wheels are gone and now have some OZ multispoke jobbies you know the ones!!

Floor mats... Noooo we need them in my car lol.

CAn anyone help me distinguish the "Phases" phase 1 phase 2 as I have no clue at all, its probably been asked but I couldn't find anything definitive when searching google.

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

These ones.... As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Wheels10

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You have a phase 1 .
1990 to 1992 phase 1
1992 to 1994/5 phase 2
Phase 1 has holes in headrest phase 2 doesn't.
Phase one has more grey coloured seats and phase 2 has blue.
The materials on the bolsters are different too.
Phase 1 has a place for umbrella in door shut. Phase 2 doesn't.

shroom

shroom

Looks good dude. What plans are you doing with the engine? Cranks are hard to come by so I wouldnt be driving it when its nocking or you may trash everything.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Ahh thanks for that Stu, Yep she is a 92 model so one of the last phase 1's in that case, its actually very tidy inside if not a bit grubby but no rips burns or tears that ive noticed.

She is fully legal to be on the road but I don't drive it, as I can hear it knock over the straight through exhaust when it starts winding up the boost. it seems to hold oil pressure but your totally right its not worth the risk. besides it scares the crap out of me that if it does break its going to cost me double what its already going to!

What am I going to do to it....
In an ideal world... Everything bare shell upwards LOL but in reality at the minute ive got a new house to decorate (Bloody woman), Give our lass credit though she hasn't moaned once yet about me and cars lol.
Id like to build the engine to be reliable up to about 400bhp, I know that's not overly hard with these motors but I don't want do a half job, I could just throw a set of shell in it but whats the point I havnt waited this long to have a half reliable one. I priced up a full rebuild including cams, pullys, rockers (Solid) new titanium springs and so on but I probably missed a few bits through lack of knowledge. Hence why im on here Smile

it priced up a bit more than I currently have spare and I wont know for sure what its already got until its in bits, I don't want to waste money for the sake of it so its a bit of a case wait and see for me.

Interior I want to keep as standard as possible and exterior also with the exception of a few minor details such as wheels.

not overly exciting really.

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I also have a set of these but in black http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/649106/nissan/k-sport-front-big-brake-kit/ni28-330x32.html

So these will be going on it and then hopefully to map it all up when its built the Apexi ECU I have for it should do nicely.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I really like the car. The red and dark coloured wheels really suit it, but the oz wheels will look great also Smile that's a big brake kit, do they clear the wheels all good?

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I really like the oz alloys, had a similar set on mine years ago till they got buckled Rolling Eyes
Might be worth doing a compression check on it as well just to see what your compressions are like.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

LOL I like the darker wheels as well, not a lover of these OZ's.

Block and head will be going for cleaning checking and I was considering polishing the ports as I read that porting really doesn't have much value and the money can be better spent on things like the turbo elbow??

Its probably as well worth getting the turbo checked over and rebuilt if need be. I was looking to put 264 / 264 cams in it as well to make the most of the solid lifters and uprated springs.

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Traile10

Ideally I want these

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  E0e3c310
Not everyones cup of tea but really does it for me lol

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Oh Brakes... No they probably wont fit to be honest but thats minor details lol!

Last edited by Bandyleg on 12th January 2016, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing letter)

shroom

shroom

You wouldnt need to upgrade to springs for 264 cams at a guess there the HKS ones you refer too. Save you some money. Although HKS 264 cames may be harder to come by now??

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Its belts and braces to be honest it would save me money but the springs are that old they will be well worn anyway so would ideally need replacing?, I can get HKS or Tomei, I think it depends on what lift you go for I cant actually remember what they are exactly... 11.5 and something else?? I was looking the lower lift versions.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Just my opinion but would upgrade springs with cams. Interesting story, I used tomei 260 cams (from memory) and tomei springs on my old motor. When I got the motor rebuild again my engine builder said the spring rates didn't even suit the cams.

shroom

shroom

What I mean is you dont need "uprated" springs for 264, obviously if your springs are not within spec then they would need replacing like anything else. Its simular to the stock head bolts, standard rods with exeption of arp rod bolts and a whole host of standard items which are good items.

18As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 12th January 2016, 10:06 pm

did you get this car from ebay?

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Interesting story about the spring rates not matching... You would have expected them to be matched I guess.

Yeah I know if they are within spec they are good to go but I know what im like... Oh shiny shiny LOL but again its all speculation until I get it apart and find out what's what.. Its interesting that you said a whole host of standard items..

When you say rods.. Con rods.. I assume from the comment made that the standard rods are pretty good anyways and not a real benefit to new ones apart from they are new...

robd - Nah it didn't come from ebay why bud..

Just remember seeing the car somewhere recently could have been on Facebook

21As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th January 2016, 10:07 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

The k sport 8 pots you have are the same as what I'm running, and the 17s will clear them, just! What pads do you have?

22As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th January 2016, 10:14 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

robd wrote:Just remember seeing the car somewhere recently could have been on Facebook

It came from all the way up Inverness from a guy named David Bailey.

17s... Hmmm can I get compomotives in 17s... Or the ones I want anyway.. Im nit sure on pads bud ill have to check as currently they aint even on the car just sat in my house looking fine Smile

23As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th January 2016, 10:25 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I know compomotive do a very similar style wheel as I was looking at them recently, not cheap though

24As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th January 2016, 10:41 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Why am I not surprised they aint cheap lol but would look soooo sexy on a red Pulsar!!, Christmas is only 11 months away, I bought a car this xmas im sure the mrs wont mind a set of wheels next year Laughing

25As I said I would this is my new toy :)  Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 13th January 2016, 10:53 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Haha yes, but you're paying for quality I guess, tell her it's a January present for your self!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum