Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power steering setup with cooler

+5
burrows1980
mc_hawkings24
Mr B
Stu
gtir_woody
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 24th December 2015, 5:38 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

gtir_woody wrote:Something like this could might also work. Its only small but would mount easy into the side of wheel arch etc.

Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Image

That one imo would be better, i thought the other two were a bit overkill?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

27Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 24th December 2015, 7:49 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I think a small cooler would be fine.

28Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 30th December 2015, 7:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im going to mount the cooler between the return from the power steering rack and the reservoir, could anyone confirm this is correct? Smile

29Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 30th December 2015, 8:13 am

splmum

splmum

As you can see on this diagram (copied from above), the return line is the one that connects at the point (a), runs forward through the steel loop cooler across the front of the radiator and returns to the reservoir.

So yes, between the return line and the intake point of the reservoir.

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1990_11/type_23/axle_suspension_and_steering/power_steering_pump_power_steering_pump_mounting_and_power_steering_piping/illustration_4/

30Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 30th December 2015, 8:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

thank you sir Smile

31Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 24th January 2016, 8:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So I ended up getting the small cooler I was talking about on the previous page. its a rather nice fit behind the front grill Smile

Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Full_Size_Render_123213

32Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 10th August 2017, 8:18 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

for the sake of updating this thread with the end result, I mounted the cooler in the wheel arch.

Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 IMG_3515

33Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 10th August 2017, 6:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Why instead of grill mate

34Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 10th August 2017, 7:52 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The lines were really tight around the radiator mate

35Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 11th August 2017, 10:18 am

astarozna

astarozna

I see you are not running rubber bushes, if it's alloy rad then you are more then likely to crack it.

36Power steering setup with cooler - Page 2 Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 12th August 2017, 8:02 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Probably should, see heaps of people have them like that though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum