Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power steering setup with cooler

+5
burrows1980
mc_hawkings24
Mr B
Stu
gtir_woody
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Power steering setup with cooler Empty Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 5:51 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Does anyone of some good pictures of the power-steering setup?

Thinking about putting standard power steering back on my car but looking at what I need. All I have at the moment is the power steering pump and bracket.

Considering I don't have all the other crap I was thinking of using braided hose and a custom reservoir.

From memory the power steering lines loop in front of the radiator? Whats the real purpose of this? cooling? pressure?

Last edited by gtir_woody on 30th December 2015, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

2Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 6:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'm also interested to know why the diameter of this line running off the power steering pump is considerably larger than the hard line it connects to? Could I run braided line straight from the pump that is the same diameter as the hard line?

Power steering setup with cooler New

thanks for the pic stu Laughing

3Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 2:09 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Laughing you're welcome Smile
I do believe the pipe that sits in front of the radiator is for cooling but it may just be because there wasn't anywhere else to put it?
I have no idea if you could just use braided lines but at a guess I wouldnt have thought the standard hoses were anything special?
Would have thought there's an empty engine bay picture somewhere that will give you an idea of how it's all installed?

4Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 3:45 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

The loop is indeed a basic cooling function.
You could use some qaulity braided line & crimped fittings but expect you could pull a few of the pipes & reservoir from a breakers yard.

5Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 5:10 pm

mc_hawkings24

I don't have the steel loop on and it's been fine so far
But it is cold out

6Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 5:57 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

None of the power steering pipes, rubber and hard (left myself open to shroom jokes) are available anymore, checked a few weeks back as all the rubber ones are goosed on mine.

7Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 6:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

My rubbers are also fooked so ill be on the look out for braided or might even go hyraulic crimped pipes.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

8Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 8:17 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks guys. As I don't have the hard lines either, I was thinking braided hose all the way. By sounds of it ill need to consider cooling. I probably shouldn't run the hose straight from the pump to the reservoir and back again.

9Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 8:20 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

mc_hawkings24 wrote:I don't have the steel loop on and it's been fine so far
But it is cold out

Where is yours looped? Now I remember on my old 4door pulsar I removed the steel loop and used abit of hose to loop the 2 hard-lines near the head-lights somewhere I think.

10Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 8:43 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If you want a cooler then im sure something from another could be made to fit?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

11Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 8:44 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thats what I was thinking mate, just a small cooler, there is plenty of room for one.

12Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 8:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Some people were using cooler off a scooter once similar to a small version of a x row oil cooler

13Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 9:27 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks Johnny Ill look into that. As my fans are mounted on the front of the radiator may need to look at another location for one then.

14Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 10:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

For what it is what about behind wheel in arch or nice custom one behind grill. The cheaper rads on e bay build the pipes in and it flows along the  tank

15Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 22nd December 2015, 10:56 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good plan mate, Ill see what sizes are available and wheres the best mounting place is.

What should I looking for? The descriptions vary but there are 2 types from what I can see. I would have thought the first is more used for engine cooling.

Power steering setup with cooler 431778_1

Power steering setup with cooler Flex_a_lite_universal_translife_transmission_coo

16Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 12:22 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

one similar to second image would be fine.

17Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 12:40 am

splmum

splmum

Woody, these are the diags for the PS
Pump and PRESSURE lines
http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1990_11/type_23/axle_suspension_and_steering/power_steering_pump_power_steering_pump_mounting_and_power_steering_piping/illustration_1/

Brakets and housing
http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1990_11/type_23/axle_suspension_and_steering/power_steering_pump_power_steering_pump_mounting_and_power_steering_piping/illustration_3/

Reservoir and front cooling piping
http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1990_11/type_23/axle_suspension_and_steering/power_steering_pump_power_steering_pump_mounting_and_power_steering_piping/illustration_4/

Diagram 1
#3 is the reservoir.
#19 is the rubber hose line from the reservoir to the pump.
#23 is the PRESSURE line (important – it is pressure) and the flexible connector from the pump to the solid lines. This connects to the steel line (#4) with the banjo bolt (behind the tower) and the steel line runs down and attaches to the steering rack.
#31 is the return line from the steering rack. This line goes to the front cooler line.
Diagram 4
The #31 return line (diag 1) attaches to the cooler line at (a), runs through the cooler and returns to the reservoir and is attached at hose #2.

hth

18Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 1:14 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thats great mate, I looked at those diagrams but your explanation really helped Smile Pretty much have an idea now Smile Need to look at fittings and hose now.

19Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 9:14 am

mc_hawkings24

Late arrival but i looped it back like you did in your 4dr woody

20Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 6:38 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

http://www.thenismoshop.com/STILLEN-Power-Steering-Cooler-Kit-400736--Nissan-370z-Infiniti-G37_p_149.html

21Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 6:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

https://s1085.photobucket.com/user/ruezmag/media/20131031_084227_zps474a6dae.jpg.html

These heat sink ones look nice both these and the other ones come
Rectangle or square etc

22Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 7:44 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The one in the second link looks pretty easy to mount Johnny.

23Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 7:54 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Few options yes looks yes it dose  and l like it as so much smarter than the rusty looking original pipe

24Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 7:56 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

http://www.amazon.com/NCY-0900-1026-Ruckus-Oil-Cooler/dp/B00CMU9G5G

But this one or similar would require more protection than the above tube type

25Power steering setup with cooler Empty Re: Power steering setup with cooler 23rd December 2015, 8:57 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Something like this could might also work. Its only small but would mount easy into the side of wheel arch etc.

Power steering setup with cooler Image

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum