Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

loss of compression/power

+8
Gtirchris
nomad
gtir_woody
shroom
Stu
FPSChris
Mr B
luke s
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1loss of compression/power Empty loss of compression/power 26th October 2015, 8:20 pm

luke s

Myself and Gostek have been looking at Chris gtir,
Right so I've had look on it too got rid of misfire on boost (dizzy) sorted out vacc piping etc, but car is still low on compression on cyl no 4, no1 to 3 150psi no4 75 psi we've put some penetrator oil left it for couple of days and no change. Put some oil down the bore it rise comp to 125 psi warmed car up (stopped smoking etc) and comp back to 75 psi. There is no smoke or knock etc from top or bottom car takes that extra turn to start appears to drive ok when cold, ( when stood outside and it pulls away it can be heard it's missing) not so ok when warmed up. Another thing which I've noticed oil temp is going up very quickly after 1mile it's around 90 deg and there is rust in coolant.
So have you guys got any suggestions before I'll take head off?? On 1 test drive it boosted absolutely fine and pulled great???
Turbo has been checked and all ok, all boost hoses are ok, vac hoses are ok, fuel pressure is ok
Any ideas please

2loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 26th October 2015, 8:36 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

cracked ringland / damaged bore

3loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 26th October 2015, 8:43 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Mr B wrote:cracked ringland / damaged bore

Wow bit brutal I was hoping for head gasket + bad valve...

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

4loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 26th October 2015, 9:06 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

you put oil down the bore & compression went up so bore not sealing well & that normally cracked ringland / scored bore.
Often bore can be minor & only need honing.
Best head & sump off & pull pistons.
If on low budget could use used standard pistons & new rings if bores good enough . Am assuming engine seems good enough not want full refresh .
what ever done it needs checking on rollers after to see healthy boost fuel & ignition or same can occur again .

5loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 26th October 2015, 9:08 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Well the head is coming off Saturday so I'll see what's going on

6loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 2nd November 2015, 9:27 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

So the head came off...
loss of compression/power DSC_0071_zpswtasrsu6
loss of compression/power DSC_0078_zpsdy52mmaq

7loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 1:03 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

He was spot on!
Glad you found the issue Smile

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

8loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 4:08 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Fareplay Mrb for diagosing this Smile

9loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 4:42 pm

shroom

shroom

Is that really him in that profile picture,

I don't think you have been drinking green tea maybe too much of this lol

loss of compression/power Latest?cb=20100919201158

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

10loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 5:46 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ no, think we been targeted by ISIS hackers :-O

11loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 6:15 pm

shroom

shroom

ISIS hackers jesus!

How do they know I love sheep!

12loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 6:36 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It's in the Quran, Shroom is the son of Ishmael the herder . you have 11 brothers so that sheep well used :-S

13loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 8:15 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

^^^lmfao

14loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 8:43 pm

shroom

shroom

Mr B wrote:It's in the Quran, Shroom is the son of Ishmael the herder . you have 11 brothers so that sheep well used :-S

Wow now that is spooky old dolly was a good old girl. And especially as she was an inbred clone us Broseley people really did like her...

Were can you get the Quran I looked in the local tescos but couldnt find it in the magazine section. Is it like a horoscope wouldnt mind subscribing to it if it gives good information.

15loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 9:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ It normally found with the economy toilet paper loss of compression/power Ph34r
Don't be going all islamic on us, they not your friends, read Quran sura 37 'Abrahams Sacrifice'
those fookers kill your sheep ....

Sorry for off topic dribble  loss of compression/power Wai

16loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 9:08 pm

shroom

shroom

Ahh the rough stuff that stings your bum (what Stu likes)

We digress.

Back onto engines, that looks unhealthy and well done Mr B for your diagnosis, better to catch it now before it destroys everything

17loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 3rd November 2015, 9:25 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

^^ pmsl

18loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 4th November 2015, 7:42 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

MR B afro piss taker

19loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 5th December 2015, 10:12 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Little update again... Engine back together With new rings and big end bearings lucky enough to get away with light hone. Chris run it for 50 miles no boost not much more than 2,5k rews drop oil new oil in done next 500 under 3k rpm etc. But now there is another problem... Car runs sweet pulls like a train (still no more than 4.5k rpm now) but once he'll drive it for 40 min (20 miles) car is loosing power he'd pull over switch it off for 5 min and it goes all right again... All pipes are where they should be I've replaced maf for known good one and run out of ideas cos car runs ok when I see it suicide oil pressure and temp is ok so is coolant temp. Only thing witch pops to my head now is fuel pump or wiring to it... So has anyone come across something like that??

20loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 5th December 2015, 11:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How do you mean loseing power .... what splutters or like limp mode etc ????

21loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 5th December 2015, 11:13 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

You see this is the problem every time I'm in this car it runs fine... From what Chris describes she struggles to pull don't seems to miss or stutter just running out of breath...

22loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 5th December 2015, 11:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Always the way mate my friends and customers take me out in there cars or i drive them and it doesnt do it lol .... its really hard to diagnose something without any kind clues ...

23loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 5th December 2015, 11:34 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Story of my life... All i know is struggles to pull after 40min of driving you switch it off for 5 min and it drives ok...

24loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 5th December 2015, 11:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Strange is it something getting hot and breaking down .... or going into limp mode and turn it off it resets something ???

25loss of compression/power Empty Re: loss of compression/power 6th December 2015, 12:00 am

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I'm thinking something to do with fuel pump... Problem is this car has no history, sat for 2 years then Chris bought it we've found broken ring lands on no 4 cyl but why piston gave up or why they left it for 2 years etc... This car looks like had some abuse and there is something simple which I'm missing ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum