Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trolley Jack

+9
Animaldaz
Spark plug spike
Supernova
Digitalfaze
nomad
gtir_woody
gtir350
Mr B
Stu
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 11:37 am

Supernova

Mr B wrote:trouble with sealey is they outsource everything & most of it is cheap shit with a sealey sticker & sealey high price, lot of their stuff is same source as likes of silverline & toolzone. their budget label siegen pushes even cheaper manufactured lines
Steel jack in the ebay link don't look too bad in construction from what see in pics, always bit of gamble but at price stu paid I reckon it could be a bargain & if quality of ram & handle gearing match rest it should be fine for home use & probably more .

Sealey aint bad but you can certainly get better its a budget range imo. Silverline happens to be some of the worse made stuff I've ever come across, we re-grit braketester rollers and part of the process involves getting down on your knees and grinding the rollers to remove any rust. We brought silverline disks once and never again they are completely dangerous, the disks would disintergrate as you were using them bit's of disk would fly off and hit you in the legs. It's now a bit of a joke in our place when ever we see silverline products, i'd never spend my money on them.

Let us know how you get on with your jack Stu hopefully it's perfectly suitable for what you need.

27Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 4:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ sealey stuff is bit hit & miss, some stuff good & some quite bad for the price. they do a nice brake flare tool & you'll find laser do exact same tool & little cheaper, had some short & long wall drive sockets from sealey on a promotion good 10 years ago they really good even took moderate airgun use without issue. Really do need see sealey stuff before buy it & if special tools shop around as many brands source same manufacturer hardware.

Hope jack meets your approval stu ...

28Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 9:14 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Thanks all Smile
Its a great jack so far.
The plate could do with being a little bigger. Im used to a round plate. This one is a X shape and isnt very wide. You need to be a little more precise on the jacking point.
The rubber seat is shite too. Thats already been killed by the arb where i jacked the car up by lol
I will source another one. Thats no problems Smile
Its very heavy and sturdy Smile

29Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 9:24 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

The saddle was only thing I not like from pics, prefer the bigger cup like saddle plates, if current saddle lifts out you should be able use other standard saddles & jack plates if bore size standard.

30Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 9:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Long as it's worth the money and gets the job done for the price Smile

31Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 10:08 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

I have just got this one via the auction route at £86 delivered and very impressed so far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/SUPER-LOW-85MM-1-5-TON-HEAVY-DUTY-CAR-MECHANICS-WORKSHOP-RACE-RALLY-TROLLEY-JACK/371433927568?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211125758%26meid%3D0788507e447048a289e18eae54b18276%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D9108659155239466055&_qi=RTM2108002

32Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Never been to sure on the roller front wheel how do they fair on uneven surfaces spike ???

33Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 19th September 2015, 10:17 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Only used in the garage at the moment mate and my drive is smooth and level as well so couldn't really comment, however it's very agile to move around and get it into position under the car easily.

34Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 5:20 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:Never been to sure on the roller front wheel how do they fair on uneven surfaces spike ???
rollers not good on rough or dirty floors as they snag to easily then as jacking high you dragging the saddle off jack point rather than jack moving to compensate. wheels on sides also increases stability when outside when ground not totally flat. the alloy ones are lovely to pull around or put in boot of car compared to 30-40kg steel ones

35Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 6:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im going to buy a new jack soon and pretty much gathered what you was saying b with the roller front wheel .... wich would be no good for my gravel car park ..

36Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 6:27 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

These wheels might make it abit easier Laughing

Trolley Jack - Page 2 Image

37Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 6:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^lol

38Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 7:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pimp my jack lol ....

39Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 8:07 pm

Animaldaz

I've got the Clarke badged ally jack with the roller at the front and it's been pretty good tbh. Must have had it 5 years plus now and it gets loads of use as I do private work at home. It did pop the seal on the cylinder but i got a seal kit for about 8 quid and I rebuilt it . It isn't as stable due to the roller as B said but luckily I have a nice flat hard standing to work on so it's never been a problem. The only thing I found with it is the bolts holding it together work loose so periodically I run round it with an Allen key .

Another useful addition is a good quality scissor jack. I have a Mercedes one and it's so handy for holding up suspension while rebuilding or under the sump when doing timing belts .

40Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 8:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ +1 on those scissor jacks, I got 2 nice clean ones from late 80's nissans & they been real handy for support things such as engine, suspension & diffs, also made a good temporary prop with a bit of 2x2 to support my porch when put new pillars in it :-)

41Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 10:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol thats what acros are meant for b .... i use scissor jacks also handy when the car is too low to get it high enough for the trolley jack to slide under .

42Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 20th September 2015, 11:02 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ didn't have acrow prop at hand but the scissor jacks secured to base of 2x2's worked a treat lol

43Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 13th October 2015, 8:07 pm

shroom

shroom

Stu have you had chance to use the jack how are you getting on with it?

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

44Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 13th October 2015, 8:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Stu isn't on here much now as hes always working on his car.
2 days ive driven past and his legs are still poking out from underneath, must be a long job I guess Laughing

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

45Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 13th October 2015, 8:20 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

shroom wrote:Stu have you had chance to use the jack how are you getting on with it?
I have used ir quite a bit Tom. Its a great jack.
The onlt part i fault is the disk on top rhat you jack the car up on. It n3eds to be a dish rather than the x plate...

GTI-R US wrote:Stu isn't on here much now as hes always working on his car.
2 days ive driven past and his legs are still poking out from underneath, must be a long job I guess Laughing
Laughing thats my neighbour. Told him to mind his own fecking business but he wouldnt listen lol

46Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 13th October 2015, 8:54 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It was good at Stu's purchase price of 49.99 but current price of 69.99 is not so sweet .
surprisingly little choice at 50 to 70 £ . plus points on stu's is min & max height are good range & looks robust & neat construction for what was a £50 jack

47Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 13th October 2015, 9:24 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Another one on ebay that not bad in spec is linked below.
listed at 74.99 but was 69.99 plus looking at his sales he accepting most offers so it could be a low £60 jack, better saddle but 40mm less lift if figures accurate ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-Ton-Trolley-Jack-ULTRA-LOW-PROFILE-NEW-/181889754682

48Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 22nd November 2015, 3:02 am

SIR GTI-R

SIR GTI-R

Bought one of these Prolift 2 ton
the clutch expired on my D21 kingcab so its been a front lawn mission

it has the 2 stage lift so that helps bring the platformto the jacking point
the wide front wheels are heavy to drag
and the release is a little jammy at first but its brand new I'll give it some time
doesn't fit under my front kit which is a pain but I can get round that
My little Motorguard 1.5 still works a treat

49Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 24th November 2015, 2:52 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This is one of the ones I have, pretty light and easy to move around. Never had any problems with it and it's a couple of years old now. From memory pretty cheap off eBay.

Trolley Jack - Page 2 Image

50Trolley Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolley Jack 24th November 2015, 4:15 am

splmum

splmum

They are a good jack, I have one the same. Like the dual piston. Mine cost, also off ebay, $209, bargain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum