Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob)

+8
gtir_woody
Papajohns
pulsar23
nomad
gtir_pimp
pulsarmoley
Stu
JackGtir
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 2:16 pm

JackGtir

Hi guys,

I've owned a pulsar for over a year now and had nothing but bad luck, most of my own doing as I have no knowledge and trust people to easily.

Hoping to get a new engine for it and to get it fitted in the next few weeks providing everything goes to plan.  Cool

Last edited by JackGtir on 30th July 2015, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 2:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome.
You have picked the right car to learn on lol
Theres always something that needs doing on an old car haha
What happened to your engine then?

3Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 2:45 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the forum fella

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

4Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 2:55 pm

JackGtir

Stu wrote:Hi and welcome.
You have picked the right car to learn on lol
Theres always something that needs doing on an old car haha
What happened to your engine then?

Yeah I bet haha, I bought the car with the engine on a pallet and the guy swore it was a 'fully working engine that was apparently forged but sold it was a standard one as he had no proof' - paid someone to fit it and let's just say it makes a rather loud noise! affraid

It's been a terrible jigsaw so far and I'm still missing a few bits and bobs e.g airfilter bracket, battery bracket/mount and the list goes on.

Has a few bits, sard ecu, wilwood 4 pots, fmic, greddy boost controller, tubular manifold etc

Just recently bought a polished plenum.

Need to replace drivers door and possibly purchase new front wings or get them repaired.  Sleep  Sleep

5Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 2:59 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I'm sure someone on here will have the parts you need Wink
You buying another engine then? Or having yours rebuilt?
There's a couple of owners your way on here Wink

6Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 3:07 pm

JackGtir

Yeah I'm sure they will, sorting engine first before I waste money on anything else! Wink

John is popping to mine on Tuesday to see how bad things are, hoping to get funds in place to get an engine off him Twisted Evil

Would love to go forged route as I will want to do it in the future so I might as well do it now if I can afford it haha.  Embarassed

My only problem is I get OCD on stuff when I get into stuff! All I can think about is cleaning underneath and getting all parts replaced and polybushed etc!  silent

7Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 3:42 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

welcome mate.

bob at gtir-us/ torque of the south is the man you want for everything pulsar related. he has all the spare parts on the shelf and modified parts and forged engines, etc.

and everyone on here trusts him too so if you need anything give him a shout

8Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 4:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum jack .... sounds like you have stumbled on some bad luck so far ....hopefully things will pick up on the luck front ...

9Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 6:09 pm

pulsar23

Welcome mate. As ppl already said Bob is your man although johnny prob has loads of parts too lol

10Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 8:35 pm

Papajohns

Where a bouts in the toon?

I'd of popped over with Johnny but I'll be grafting,

Steve ferguson @ Tom ferguson Porsche behind Gateshead stadium knows his way around these cars but also charges Porsche prices lol. It pays to get your hands dirty and get stuck in learn the hard way,then it's only your time you've waisted. There not that hard a car to work on once you've had it to pieces a couple of times

Good luck

11Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 9:12 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum Smile best of luck with car

12Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 9:26 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum as said I will call over Tuesday and go from there. Good bunch of lads on here and between myself and bob you won't want for nothing but nor will you get stuff you don't need. I would not worry about any fancy bits Ecu etc get it sorted on standard everything and go from ther. Tell the lads your biggest plan ( colour) lol

13Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 9:28 pm

JackGtir

Hi guys,

Yeah I've used Bob a couple times for bits always been spot on and gave great advice. Smile

I'm near Blakelaw/Kenton/ area.

Ah Johnny why did you mention it hahaha, ok fine I'll tell everyone. Crying or Very sad

I want to change it to Black instead of the current grey lol. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

14Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 9:38 pm

JackGtir

Just had it up and out before, shame it's broke though! First time seeing it actually move lol! Embarassed

Tried bleeding the brakes (well my brother did) and they're still very poor, the wilwood 4 pots have 4 nipples on each caliper so it's a pain in the a$$, I then realised it has a hydraulic clutch... leave that for tomorrow! Sad Sad

15Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 9:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I should just ban you for that comment alone lol .... fooking black really its the most common colour and really not is the best choice imo .... piss taker

16Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 10:10 pm

JackGtir

nomad wrote:I should just ban you for that comment alone lol .... fooking black really its the most common colour and really not is the best choice imo .... piss taker

Well there are lots of different colour blacks, I'll not go Pulsar black I'll just go standard 2k gloss black yoursofunny

But all jokes a side, I've always wanted a black car! Found my battery bracket before lol...  duh

Slight brake fluid on the engine hence the bit smoke lol.

Check out the noise on this:

17Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 10:14 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Ouch that sounds nasty!
And grey to black? You need a slap Laughing

18Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 10:22 pm

JackGtir

Stu wrote:Ouch that sounds nasty!
And grey to black? You need a slap Laughing

Indeed it does.

I just prefer black though, anyone with a black one feel free to swap lol. silent silent

19Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 10:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you have a sub machine gun fitted lol ... honestly im moving away from black its the most common colour ... my thoughts are if your going to the effort of respraying it why not go for a colour that several thousand other people doesnt have .... dare to be different Laughing

20Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 14th June 2015, 10:34 pm

JackGtir

nomad wrote:Do you have a sub machine gun fitted lol ... honestly im moving away from black its the most common colour ... my thoughts are if your going to the effort of respraying it why not go for a colour that several thousand other people doesnt have .... dare to be different Laughing

Say hello to my little fucked engine lol...

I know what you're saying but say for example even if they never came in black or I could pick any other colour I would still want it to be black lol and while they may be the most common colour pulsar I've only ever seen another pulsar and it was Red haha. Cool

I have a vision in my head and that's what I want to achieve hump

21Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 15th June 2015, 8:57 am

Now now play nice Lieghton lol welcome to the forum jack ! Don't think anybody has had any luck regarding when they first bought their pulsars ! Just don't read my first thread may put you off owning one forever hahahaha

22Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 15th June 2015, 9:16 am

shroom

shroom

The grey cars are usually for the old boys (pipe and slippers) slobbering over standard wheels and touching their flares far too often.

Have fun with it :-)

Last edited by shroom on 15th June 2015, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

23Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 15th June 2015, 9:54 am

Hi jack so you eventually joined the forum then

24Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 15th June 2015, 11:20 am

JackGtir

Haha I won't look then! Oh Shroom, I won't say anything about that lol, they might help me one day! Wink

Yes Rob, finally. Things should be looking up in the next few weeks. thumbsup thumbsup

25Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) Empty Re: Jack from Newcastle (Complete Noob) 15th June 2015, 12:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I almost feel like swapping my black wide arch one just to stop him lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum