Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutch gone. Which one shall I get?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? Empty Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? 20th April 2015, 12:47 pm

Supernova

Hi guys, last night I was driving my car and all of a sudden I lost my clutch, no bangs or anything just a slight change in pedel feel. Pulled over and tried to engage a gear but nothing, with the engine off it will select gears fine but not with the engine on.

So I feel it needs a new clutch but I just want to make sure I get the right one. I have a receipt for s exedy organic so I'll probably replace like for like, it's not running stupid power no more than 300bhp, so is this one the one I need? http://www.exedyracingclutch.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1007_1285_1292&products_id=7788

2Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? Empty Re: Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? 20th April 2015, 1:59 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You want check the clutch fork & release bearing & clutch master & slave for faults first.
Checklist:
clutch fluid level
clutch pedal box if got creaking in that area
clutch slave & rod for leaks & rod action when clutch pressed
clutch fork for position & movement & issues that may be seen with torch in bellhousing.
Issue with fork or release bearing normally has noise such a creaking or harsh bearing sound.

Fork very common for bending (on high pressure clutch covers) or wearing through pivot point.
You can see quite a bit pulling back the boot where fork comes out of box & meets slave rod. Have good look with torch & get someone operate clutch while you looking.
If do need new clutch I would look at the Competition Clutch stage2 organic carbon kevlar kit as very good quality.
Did like Helix but they stopped the HD version & current pricing is ridiculous .

3Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? Empty Re: Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? 20th April 2015, 2:32 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

check the clutch line for leaks and replace with a braided line if needed

4Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? Empty Re: Clutch gone. Which one shall I get? 20th April 2015, 2:57 pm

Supernova

Well there was a creaking noise everytime I released the peddle and the bearing has defiantly seen better days it was very noisy when clutch wasn't pressed.

Need to get it apart to see exactly what is going on but I'll have a good look around tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum