Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which clutch have you got and how good is it?

+5
shroom
Stu
MartyMG
mightydquinn
Chris shrewsbury
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Helps you on the way to 100 reps B
Mind when you do hit it the rule is we need a video of you doing a 100 reps on a lady

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
lol i'm a bit old for that sort of activity ... more ladyboys than ladies here anyway lol .

28Which clutch have you got and how good is it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which clutch have you got and how good is it? 24th September 2016, 11:58 pm

mc_hawkings24

I'm after another clutch again as this ones kaput.
Thinking ACT again as had no problems with it or is there a softer clutch covered uprated clutch out there.
Genuine stage 1 exedy?

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

What happened to the cc  ! Was friction plate warped !
I've used that model in couple of cars and had 1 in pulsar over a year .
How many miles done since fitting it !?

30Which clutch have you got and how good is it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which clutch have you got and how good is it? 25th September 2016, 11:00 am

mc_hawkings24

Well going from my other thread on selection issue it's looking like clutch. Put a borescope down the fork hole and there's what looks like mettalic filings and maybe some cracks in the cover but hard to tell until i take it out. Showed my mate that noise i was getting it did it quite a few times when cold and feels and sounds like judder where friction plates jumping on the flywheel then gripping. The clutch is out of cc's 3month warranty but will try for something when it's out and proven faulty by inspection.

Need another clutch for next week though
I suppose now i've had 3 clutches lol all uprated organic's have HD clutch covers so none are light like a standard clutch cover?
helix is £500 over my budget
act is £400 on edge of budget but usa order
exedy £220 eurocarparts and in stock but 290lbs power rating could be cack?

31Which clutch have you got and how good is it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which clutch have you got and how good is it? 25th September 2016, 11:13 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would guess warped plate from poor flywheel or hub got loaded/twisted with gearbox weight when fitted perhaps !
surprised if cover failed but anything possible .
I've launched mine & treat it pretty rough & been good (way better than helix), used cc 6puk & a twin plate in my old evo after a shitty nd superclutch kit .
Your gear issue selection does sound like clutch, had same symptoms on evo with a twin superclutch & plates would drag even when clutch full disengaged .
Do some photos when get it out .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum