Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

good and the bad

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1good and the bad  Empty good and the bad 5th July 2018, 8:08 am

SonaGTIR

So after replacing the apexi air induction after 10 odd years I took her for a evening drive. She was bootsing nicely up until she got sluggish with heat soak. so I just kept it nice pottering around.

noticed some smoke so pulled over and popped hood. Basically there is loom and wiring that rubbed against the bottom of my oil catch can causing oil to piss out of it causing the smoke. No biggy.

got her home and couldn't help realising how cramped up everything is around that area. theres just not enough room for everything and the fact that wiring could do with some tidying up.

Made me ask the questions what if that battery was in the boot? I could have a ton of space. Bring the induction forward and lower. Mount the catch can properly as its all rammed up.

How much of a mission is a relocation it?

2good and the bad  Empty Re: good and the bad 5th July 2018, 9:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Its fairly easy to relocate the battery mate, a few ways to do it.

There are a few threads on there, here's one to start with

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t7214-battery-relocation

3good and the bad  Empty Re: good and the bad 5th July 2018, 10:14 am

SonaGTIR

cheers buddy

4good and the bad  Empty Re: good and the bad 5th July 2018, 10:45 am

SonaGTIR

Seems like too much of a fire hazard

5good and the bad  Empty Re: good and the bad 5th July 2018, 8:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What's a fire hazard ?

6good and the bad  Empty Re: good and the bad 5th July 2018, 10:40 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Battery in the boot? no way, just do it properly. Depending on what battery you run, a quality sealed box is a good idea aswell.

7good and the bad  Empty Re: good and the bad 6th July 2018, 8:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As long as it's secured down properly what's the difference wether it's in the front or back scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum