Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Limp mode? car hits rev limiter at 3000rpm

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Hi guys, got in the car the other day, started it up and it looks like its in limp mode. I havent done a fault check yet but when i put my foot on the accelerator it hits the rev limiter at around 3k rpm. Im pretty sure its a ECU fault of some sort because the rev limiter sounds like a regular and its in the same point all of the time.

Has anybody had problems like that? what should i look for apart from doing the fault check? thanks!

grim_d

grim_d

probably a sensor gone or connection come adrift. Fault code check then go from there.

I would suggest checking codes then clear memory then see if it throws same code.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Will be your afm mike

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Might be the AFM, ive just changed it recently because last time i had the car out it was hesitating but didnt have time to test it out with this one yet. Ill change it around when i have time and see Smile thanks guys!

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Same problem over and over again, i was super busy with things but recently i had some time off so i put the old AFM back on the car (worked fine with it apart from the idle being abit lumpy but no limp mode) and its still the same.. any ideas? really starting to piss me off as ive taken he intake off 3 times now to clean the idle control valves etc and change the vaccuum lines but still no help.

thanks

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i thought limp mode just restricted the boost to 0.5 and no change to revs?

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

the car is on the drive SORN etc so cant test it properly. But it hits limiter at 3k which is rather weird ;/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum