Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Torque Wrench

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Digital Torque Wrench Empty Digital Torque Wrench 29th March 2015, 6:01 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Handled one of these on friday for a job I was on & they quite decent for the price & good accuracy too .
Digital Torque Wrench 040218237
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-pro237-12-drive-digital-electronic-to?da=1&TC=SRC-torque%20wrench#reviews

they do a 3/8 drive one too
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-pro236-38-drive-digital-electronic-to?da=1&TC=SRC-clarke%20digital%20torque%20wrench

2Digital Torque Wrench Empty Re: Digital Torque Wrench 29th March 2015, 8:03 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I had a half inch snap-on one, worst thing I ever bought, put me off digital ones. Good price for that one though.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

3Digital Torque Wrench Empty Re: Digital Torque Wrench 29th March 2015, 8:16 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ I found this okay to use but being use to the click type takes some getting use to.
Very good if changing settings frequently as so quick also very good on 3/8 & 1/4 torque wrenches for low torque settings. got be careful with snapon stuff as a lot of it not that special & brand addicts never realize as refuse use anything else :-S

4Digital Torque Wrench Empty Re: Digital Torque Wrench 29th March 2015, 8:48 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah I bought it years ago thinking it would be the best and I was wrong. I have a wide selection of brands as no one makes the best of everything. I'm more of a mac tools person really.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

5Digital Torque Wrench Empty Re: Digital Torque Wrench 29th March 2015, 9:00 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I need to get a new torque wrench, undecided about digital or not.

6Digital Torque Wrench Empty Re: Digital Torque Wrench 29th March 2015, 10:52 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ digital is nice if doing a lot of varying torques & smaller fixings.
probably just as well go for a sensible quality mechanical one.
I have a 1/4 drive digital & may get a 3/8 digital but happy with current 1/2 Britool mechanical currently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum