Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody ever fitted the digital clock to rev counter?

+3
johnboy
Gaz GTiR
ROB_IOW
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I Want to fit a digital clock into my rev counter .
My uk GTI had one ,  even my 1.4 had a clock never understood why they didn't fit them to the GTIR

So has anyone ever retro fitted a clock into a GTIR rev counter?

I've just bought the clocks below and am hoping i can figure out a way to make the clock work in my gtir

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321363493190?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I thought this the other day, so I just set my clock on my head unit  Laughing 

johnboy

johnboy

Looks like you might be able to just lift the rev counter out of the console and swap it over. It just might not read the right revs... Good luck.

Whytie

Whytie

Anybody ever fitted the digital clock to rev counter? 4566C92E-1FF2-4A37-8293-4E32120C2879-253-0000001876D0BB9E

Something like this

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Is that a factory one or retro fitted?

ive seen a few gtirs with the clock dash fitted i also for a short time owned one with a clock on the dash

Whytie

Whytie

Mines is gtir gauges with the gti rev counter/clock fitted

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think the lhd sunny GTIR's have the clock in the rev counter don't they? I'm not sure if the uk GTIR's do or not

Whytie

Whytie

All sunny gtirs have them fitted

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah I thought they did but I was only speculating because I haven't got much experience with Sunnys lol

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Whytie wrote:Anybody ever fitted the digital clock to rev counter? 4566C92E-1FF2-4A37-8293-4E32120C2879-253-0000001876D0BB9E

Something like this

i do have this as genuine in my car....you not?

Whytie

Whytie

Sunny gtirs have them, pulsars dont

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Isn't it funny how the jap pulsars seem to have more equipment as standard compared to the Sunnys but yet they didn't fit a clock  Suspect Maybe the japs have no need for time lol

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I quite like the 52mm gauge clocks but its just another dial /gauge so no room in my car for it

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Took the clocks apart today and fitted them into my pulsar .

I now have a digi clock  Very Happy 

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

what was involved ?

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

The rev counter wouldn't work so i had to use my rev counter and do abit of cutting and shutting with the facias ..
The clock just screws in . there are screw blanks in the circuit board on the back of gtir clocks .
Only problem is it doesn't light up at night.
But i may have fitted a duff bulb

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

good stuff I have one in a set of sunny gtir clocks

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Anybody ever fitted the digital clock to rev counter? 10247320_10152203619602935_2953582315366011436_n_zps2d827863
If you look real closely above the clock you can just see the line where it's been joined together

Anybody ever fitted the digital clock to rev counter? 1959484_10152203615417935_5141386597547175003_n_zpsc6ce8546

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum