Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dash warning lights/center gauges

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Dash warning lights/center gauges 8th March 2015, 8:38 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

Ok I am not one to normaly ask for help but as the car has driven me to start punching stuff again just like the old days when I worked on it I though I would pop up a post to save my knuckles Laughing

I am going to have another go at it in a bit but basicly I have lost...

Center small gauges and all the warning lights on main dash and possibly indicators and rev counter aswell.
The hazards and dash lumination all still work and so does the fuel level.

It could just be an earth and will go over them again but so far no joy.

The strange thing is they have burst into life a couple of time when fiddling with that greeny blue link wire that plugs into the batterypositive?

I think this is just a coincidence though as I don't think its linked,if I unplug this wire it stops the heater fans working so sort of tells me its ok.

I don't know I am rambling and fucking myself off just thinking about it Laughing

It was all working fine and all I have played with is fuel pumps and fuel level sender and they seem fine?

Also while I am venting and having a rant and talking fuel pumps...

My car has sat for 6 years and when last running I was using that nf formua octane booster at a low mixture and had a small amount of fuel left in the tank.
Well I can only assume its the octane booster but its killed both my fuel pumps and corroded and stuck like this gummy crusty substance all over the steel metal work in the tank!

Its horrific and even left like a red thick power steering oil like sludge in the bottom of the tank,one to watch as I am sure it was the octane booster and has cost me £200 in fuel pumps Evil or Very Mad

2Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 8th March 2015, 10:30 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

It was the ignition switch relay in the n/s fuse box had a bad connection!

3Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 8th March 2015, 10:33 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Was just reading through your rant lol ..... glad to hear its sorted mate ....nothing worse than dodgy electrics .....

4Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 8th March 2015, 11:31 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

Argh still doing it,its just so random this,touch one thing and it seems ok then dies again.

I am going to properly go over it and hope for the best,i will update once I have found and beaten the gremlin Laughing

5Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 8th March 2015, 6:54 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Something shorting if its very quick or more likely as you say a earth or connection. Only place could be near radio or rear of clocks for a delimiter are common places for people to butcher

6Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 15th March 2015, 9:37 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

Thanks johnny,i was starting to fear it could be a dash out job which is a pain with the cage.

Luckily though i am back at that ign fuse and everything is working again.
Strange one though as i really can't find anything wrong with the connection,still abit random but i am sure its to do with that now.

7Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 15th March 2015, 2:44 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

One other place people mess with is back of the fuse box drivers side.

8Dash warning lights/center gauges Empty Re: Dash warning lights/center gauges 31st May 2015, 9:00 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

It was one of the 3 blue relays in the fuse box inside the car Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum