Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuel pump fault & Warning lights stay on

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lazzie90

Hi Guys,

So ive been building and repairing my pulsar now for some time and below are the things done to the electric part of the build :

1. We removed the previous owners modified ECU ( Megasquirt ) and the ECU harness with it.
2. We removed the 2 ignition locks that was installed for some reason.
3. Original ECU ordered from bob aswell as an original ECU harness.

the cabling was checked and we then installed it and we were glad to see that it now has a spark.
but then the problem came along, now when you turn on the ignition the pump wont prime and there is no voltage at the pump (been checked)
The pump is brand new and tested that it works.

And also now that you turn on the ignition and try to start the car, and then take the keys out the warning lights stay on, weve checked the 25A Fuse, and so on and the relays are fine aswell.
So could you possible give us some ideas where to look and for what ? the grounds are remade and checked aswell.

Could the ECU be broken ? or ..

Thanks in advance.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Did you rewire the pump when you installed the new harness? i don't know much about megasquirt ecu's but if you removed the harness that was with it I would presume the pump would have been wired into it.

Lazzie90

Hey,

The wireharness that was on the mega was an original harness that only was abit modified.

Or so much modified and looked like a kid wouldve done it so we removed it.

But it was still the original harness.

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Can you not wire a switch in for the fuel pump? Had to do it on mine as the gems ecu wouldn't run it for some reason? Just a thought

Lazzie90

That could be one way yeah, but ok what then with the warning lights / electricity staying on after its turned off ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum