Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Air tool - Belt Sander

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Air tool - Belt Sander 29th December 2014, 2:19 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Brought one of these today and it's awesome. Great for cleaning up welds in the hard to get places after I got my floor welded up last week. This ones uses a 330mm x 10mm belt but you can get bigger ones. The belt arm also has angle adjustment to make things easier.

Air tool - Belt Sander  Image

2Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 29th December 2014, 9:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes very useful tool. need one of them myself I think ...

3Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 29th December 2014, 10:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yup, Ill need to look for some better belts though. The ones I brought were terrible and didn't last very long at all.

4Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 29th December 2014, 6:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What are they like for air consumption ... as i only have a 50ltr compressor ??

5Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 29th December 2014, 7:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

probably about 6cfm

6Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 29th December 2014, 8:14 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good point, this one says its average is 200L/min or 7.1cfm. On a small compressor you will run into problems, I have a 170L compressor and it is able to maintain constant use fine.

7Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 12:27 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

hard to rate air compressors purely by tank size as some decent 50ltr tank units can be 12-14cfm output.
want check your cfm rating & hopefully it decent.
trouble is to make most of an air compressor you want 12cfm minimum really.
most air tools scoff 5>7cfm.

8Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 8:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yes I should have said its 170L per minute so thats 6cfm which is enough for me in the past, but obviously now I'm starting to use tools like sanders and spray guns it's going to be a different story. Tank is 76L with a 2.25hp motor.

9Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 2:04 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ Ah my fault as jumped to conclusion you referring to tank size of 170ltr.
Tools like grinders, sanders etc tend to be more issue as use them for long time period. likes of airguns & hammers tend to be short bursts so even small output compressors can handle it. Surprising what smaller output can support though when pushed.

10Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 8:57 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I have been meaning to get one of those in-line lubricators to help keep the tools oiled, are they worth it?

11Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 9:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I don't think so really. I just manually give them few drops of oil from a dropper bottle every now & again & up to twice a day for tools such as sanders, grinders, air drill when running most of day . too much oiling gets messy on tool air exit ports.
Quality filter & water trap is good idea though as keeping moisture/dirt out the tool helps prevent the tools motor from corrosive damage over time.

12Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 9:40 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome better to save the money if they aren't really worth it. Yeah I need to buy quality filter/ water trap though. That will be the next thing on the list.

13Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 30th December 2014, 11:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I bought a water trap for mine with a built in regulater ... i got a mini trap as dont have a garage so to keep it mobile the mini trap is fitted to the compresser i would of got the bigger size that fixes to the wall if i had a garage set up ....

14Air tool - Belt Sander  Empty Re: Air tool - Belt Sander 31st December 2014, 2:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Arghh yeah, I was just planning on just getting one that fixes to the compressor to keep things easy. Is there much of a difference though?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum