Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snetterton track day Monday 6th October

+5
mightydquinn
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
gtir_pimp
Gl3nnGTIR
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 9:57 pm

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Th_348F4109-30A5-43B7-A230-D6B3EA9614A8_zpswbagi407

[url=https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a6[UR

52Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 10:03 pm

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Th_497BDBE0-6F6D-424F-8D10-5824E5F702A4_zpspfvtvoku

53Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 10:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nice vids ... track looks quite wet you would of been better off with canoes lol ..

54Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 12:44 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Likewise Ben, and that was deffo a good laugh! Smile
Yes, it was a shame, I think we would have had a good run together too! I'll get those mods sorted and then hopefully it will be a different problem next time! LOL!
I've just had a quick look at Horsham, they do them as well, slightly cheaper, I think I'll get the Tomei ones though, but thanks for the advice!
Those videos are good, it actually shows how wet it, like above, canoes needed!! We all look to still be tonking along though which is good! Cheers for uploading the video as times 2 speed to make us all look quick Clare! Razz

55Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 6:11 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Vids wont open for me...
Maybe its my curse?

56Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 9:03 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ben15476 wrote:Vids wont open for me...
Maybe its my curse?

Vids are working for me : /

You did it again tonight Ben sticking pins in that gtr cushion, bloody management light came on again and took me half hour to leave work before I could erase the code. I'm gonna have to whip them throttle position sensors off and have a good look at them as its pretty dangerous when the car cuts out on the outside lane of a busy motorway, got to find some time to sort this out.

Tell me what you both think of this idea fellas as all 3 of us are as competitive as hell but in a good fun way Very Happy
How's about next year we get a few of us who fancy themselves as drivers to do a few track days and we have a kind of mini competition with timed laps on various circuits. We could for example pick 6 tracks throughout the uk then each one of us at some point in the day has a timed session on the track and that persons fastest lap is their time for the day then at the end of the 6 events over the spring and summer the person with the least seconds on their card is the winner and most is obviously last position,
Would be a great laugh to do and on some circuits it will be overnight stays for some where we can goad each other and have a real good laugh
As for the cars..............you can use whatever car you want to bring no excuses but to even things out me and Ben are only allowed to use the gtr on 2 events and on the others we have to take a different car

Just a rough idea but sure you get the jist of it, we could all chip in a tenner at every event which goes in the kitty and at the end of it all cash prizes and a trophy are given to 1st and 2nd place with a trophy and a few other goodies. We can keep a proper scoreboard on hereso people can see who did what after every event,

If you like the sound of it il put a more refined plan together on a separate thread on the forum and I reckon we could get around 8 people who would be up for this and fancy their chances to be crowned as gtir Motorsport champions 2015
Let me know your thoughts Ben and Chris as I think the completion between us will move up a level next year Laughing

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

57Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 9:19 pm

octainejunkee

can i join in ^ Laughing

58Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 9:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yes you will be a good scalp to take jamie as I'm sure the others will agree Basketball

Haha I'm kicking it off already with the banter but im secretly confident of kicking some butt in the worlds most ugly car Laughing

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities

59Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 10:27 pm

octainejunkee

I'm running the Pulsar in the Guest class of the MLRSS next year and had a good laugh competing in it this year.in an evo 6.
How about us all going in gtir's for that and there is a gtr class at most the mlrss events anyway?
Saves on timing gear and event planning.?
Plus you can go against evos/scoobys/gtr's and guest cars..

If not to anybody's liking then i'd happily help plan/attend this one with you guys aswell.

Have to lay some fighting talk down from the offset tho- my scalp is staying intact lol
Especially if i throw some rally slick on the 600bhp twinscrolled gtir- i'm sure she's well under 1100kgs by now also.

60Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 8th October 2014, 10:33 pm

octainejunkee

In fairness, as we spoke about Bob, the sprints arent best suited to gtr35's as the cars are too heavy..

You should get the Rasheen or another gtir anyways Bobby.
A half decent track spec gtir would cost less than a set of track wheels/tires and pads for the gtr35. Smile

cheers Jamie

61Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 8:24 am

ben15476

ben15476

Not for me bob, sorry

62Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 9:16 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

octainejunkee wrote:In fairness, as we spoke about Bob, the sprints arent best suited to gtr35's as the cars are too heavy..

You should get the Rasheen or another gtir anyways Bobby.
A half decent track spec gtir would cost less than a set of track wheels/tires and pads for the gtr35. Smile

cheers Jamie

yeah im planning on getting the rasheen finished over the winter months as ts been sitting around far to long now.
as you say the gtr is too heavy for tight curcuits and it costs a fortune to run so not really a good option

im possibly interested I this Jamie providing it oes ok and the rasheen is finished
might be best to put a thread up if you like to see if anyone else wants to commit to it then refresh it towards the end of January and I will know if im ready with the car by then
hows that?

ben...........that's a shame as would have been a good laugh, il still be doing trackdays next year anyway Smile

63Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 9:34 am

ben15476

ben15476

Only joking!
Of course I am up for it you wally.

64Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 9:57 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

had me going there ben pale thought your topgun cd had burnt out and twizzled away Laughing

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

65Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 10:23 am

ben15476

ben15476

No. Cd still working if a bit well used!

Not sure my track car will keep with your Datsuns on the striaghts but remember I dont need to brake for corners!

https://vid403.photobucket.com/albums/pp118/ben15476/P1000194_zps346d906b.mp4

https://2img.net/h/i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp118/ben15476/KIF_2698_zps906c3279.jpg

66Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 11:01 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think most of these are the smaller curcuits ben so more about handling than power
Jamie will confirm though as hes done the series this year

car looks very nice btw Wink

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

67Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 12:40 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Ayup pal, I have no idea what you are talking about making all 3 of us out to be competitive!! LOL!!!

I've had a think about it, and YES is the short answer. Obviously the problem that comes with the old sheds like mine is the reliability though.
I've done everything properly, and keep fixing the problems that occur but I know that I will have issues and so long as I can fix it between each one in time (probably requiring to buy bits from you!) then I wont have a problem!

I'm happy with the little wager to make it a bit more entertaining, and if it's raining, you're both very welcome in your GTR's!!!! Twisted Evil

We all know that actually timing at the open pitlane days is not allowed, and they will kick us out if we are caught, so will have to take that into consideration as well. (not get caught!!)

My only request is if we can do Silverstone? I haven't driven the track since it was changed a couple of years ago, and I know it's mega bucks for an open pitlane day comparison wise, and that the track isn't any better than the likes of Oulton Park, (I like that track too!) but I want to do Silverstone just so it can go on my C.V!!!

LOL Ben, proper pulled Bobs leg! The mini looks really nice too, and is also a fantastic colour, good choice! Very Happy

P.S, took my sump off and found my other shim yesterday, so that's good, and the rocker stoppers have turned up today! Smile

68Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 8:42 pm

octainejunkee

This is the kind of thing on the MLRSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymnLbSH0S80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggQSoorw9_g

A few more on my youtube channel.

The series is great and running in guest class puts you up against all sorts of track cars,

It's a really good laugh and despite the forum looking a bit "clicky"- the actual Events are run really well and the people are a good laugh.

I'll start a thread closer to the time nut if you're interested then let me know..

cheers Jamie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F93dgwTNiqw

69Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 9:19 pm

ben15476

ben15476

That looks really good Jamie and reminds me of when i did sprint and hill climbs.
Maybe a bit serious for what bob was possibly considering. Not sure they will be too happy with us spinning across the grass!

I am sure Clare could time us on track days without being caught...

70Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 9th October 2014, 9:56 pm

octainejunkee

There is a big thread going on right now, trying to work out what puts new people off attending.

Someone said that the vids are so well put together that it comes across too serious.
I managed to come 3rd and 2nd(in class) at the first two events i entered (2011) in a standard evo viii260 gsr on knackered budget tyres. Some people are well off the pace even in the big build cars but everybody who attends has a great laugh and it's only as serious as you make it.

If you entered the non evo guest class, all your laps are timed so you can see how much every one improves, lap by lap and the fastest guest car gets a trophy,

If you fancy having an intro- you're all welcome to come along and spectate and come for some passenger laps with me next season.

71Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 10th October 2014, 8:57 am

ben15476

ben15476

Few goog pics of Snetterton on the MSV website:

http://www.msvtphotography.com/v/photos/30216skn

72Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 10th October 2014, 10:41 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah looks good Jamie

bit more commitment though than I can possibly give time wise so if you can put a new thread up in this section somewhere with how many rounds ect and the venues that would give me and others a better insight if we can make that commitment
I don't want to say im definitely going to do something unless I know for sure I can if you get my drift
so will see once you have put the info up ta

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

73Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 12th October 2014, 6:40 pm

octainejunkee

I'll start a thread with all the details when i have time guys.

A quick bit of info tho Bob,

You can show up and enter as many or as few of the events as you like so if you don't have time for all of them it's no biggy.

Also, the rules and how/where the events are run is all likely to change for the better over the next few weeks in time for next year.
They are a real giggle with everyone getting on well and having a laugh with one another on the day and during the whole season. The forum can look a little serious tho so it's due a big sort out to encourage more entrants.

I'll start a thread as soon as more info is released regarding 2015.

cheers Jamie

74Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 15th November 2014, 12:14 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Eventually, only just today repaired the Datsun and took it for a spin. Completely re-shimmed it and it had blown off one of those little black blanking plugs that sit on the inlet manifold on number 4. I hadn't thought about it doing that but they did their job, so replaced all 4 with some nice blue silicone ones.......at least 10BHP there!! LOL!

When we choosing some dates for next year then!?? Rashiteen nearly finished Bob? And the Mini Ben!??

75Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 3 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 16th November 2014, 8:09 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Well up for it next year, missing racing now that the shit weather has hit us. Been spending time kitting my garage out.
Going to be getting my sprint mini from its temp storage at my folks place soon and then will start getting it ready for next year! Got a LSD eyed up that might help me in the corners. Maybe the GTR can towit there?

I think we should start around April for the first round.... Wot U fink?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum