Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snetterton track day Monday 6th October

+5
mightydquinn
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
gtir_pimp
Gl3nnGTIR
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 30th September 2014, 10:22 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI-R US wrote:Yep will do
I've still not uploaded the last vid at the ring just not had time

Work Dave harder and make time Razz

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

27Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 1st October 2014, 11:07 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

We'll try get there for 8 as well then pal! He does fancy it, but unfortunately is already work commited to work so can't make it! He's hoping to come on the one at Oulton Park in November though! Smile I'll tell him you asked about him, he'll be happy about that! Smile

28Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 1st October 2014, 9:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Shame he can't make it as he's a nice fella, guess we will have to make do with you then Chris Laughing

Means another Sunday spannering and checking my car after the ring trip, I've not even washed it yet and it's fookin mingling lol

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

29Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 10:16 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

looks like its gonna be heavy rain Monday Sad

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

30Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 11:48 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Nothing wrong with learning wet handling skills or will they shut the circuit?

31Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 6:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah but it's boring, wet, miserable
Nowhere near as much fun in the wet and even more so in a 40k car, it's other idiots sliding into me That concerns me, if it was an old shitter I wouldnt care

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

32Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 6:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ah yes, I see your point

33Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 10:10 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I told my dad what you said Bob, and how you would have to make do with me! He found it funny! Smile

We've booked a hotel for tomorrow night as signing on is half 7 until half 8, didn't fancy setting off at half 4ish to get there on time. We booked a best western 20 miles from the track to stay in! Smile

Done last few checks etc on car today so it's now in my garage at home ready to go! U all sorted and ready?

I hope the weathers better than crappy rain too, for as much as its fun driving round in the rain, it's not as good for the rest of the day when we're not out on track!

34Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 11:03 pm

octainejunkee

Thanks for the invite Bobby, However i wont be able to make this one- my evo broke yesterday costing me the chance to win the mlrss series Sad
i took my csl on michelin cups instead and this was the result of me trying to press on (mostly in 3rd and 4th gear lol) on the short track..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0F-ygtTF0w

Great for messing about- but i'd of been better off in a rowing boat lol.

Hopefully, it'l be clear for you guys on monday.

Cheers Jamie

35Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 4th October 2014, 11:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blimey looked sideways for most of it lol ...

36Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 5th October 2014, 10:14 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That would keep me entertained for hours, love a bit of drifting Smile

37Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 5th October 2014, 11:37 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Do you fancy bringing that swirl pot with you that You've got Bob? I don't have one and could do with one, and I'm guessing the one that you have there is perfect for the job pal???

38Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 5th October 2014, 11:39 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

its the one you have on the big clear out thread! Smile

39Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 5th October 2014, 12:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

octainejunkee wrote:
Thanks for the invite Bobby, However i wont be able to make this one- my evo broke yesterday costing me the chance to win the mlrss series  Sad
i took my csl on michelin cups instead and this was the result of me trying to press on (mostly in 3rd and 4th gear lol) on the short track..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0F-ygtTF0w

Great for messing about- but i'd of been better off in a rowing boat lol.

Hopefully, it'l be clear for you guys on monday.

Cheers Jamie

ah pity you cant make it j but I understand and knew it was gonna be tight for you especially as you were there Saturday.
sorry to hear about the car but hey shit happens in motorsport as you well know so hope theres not too much damage to her but looks like you had a bit of fun anyway lol

mightydquinn wrote:Do you fancy bringing that swirl pot with you that You've got Bob? I don't have one and could do with one, and I'm guessing the one that you have there is perfect for the job pal???

chris.....rob on here has already pipped you to the post with the swirlpot set up but I may still flog my attain one but not decided fully on that yet but il give you first refusal before it goes up for sale assuming I do sell it that is.
im heading off about 5.30 in the morning, ive got car in workshop[ now just going over a few bits on her..........only thing im a bit worried about is using the run flats on the front in the wet as they are notorious for poor wet grip especially with mpss on the rear it could really be a handful in the wet but I may be brave and just try it anyway.
no doubt il meet up with your dad sometime next year at an event somewhere as im planning on doing less euro trips next year and more uk trackdays as I just haven't got time to keep taking a week out at a time especially when the rolling road kicks off next spring I think we will be snowed under

see ya tomorrow chris and don't get too ratassed tonight........need you to do a rain dance to keep the black clouds away Laughing

40Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 5th October 2014, 9:45 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Just spoke to Ben and if it's chucking it down tomorrow Chris we may chip in and get a garage between us if your ok with that? only works out to £8 each if there's 3 cars

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

41Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 6th October 2014, 4:50 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

How did you guys get on?

42Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 6th October 2014, 8:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Well just got back

Weather was absolutely atrocious virtually all day absolutely chucking it down and a lot of the track was badly waterlogged making driving conditions very difficult.
a lot of cars where smashed today including a Tvr tuscan right at the end of the day that hit the main straight wall at what must have been over a 100mph car just exploded into a load of bits that all went flying over the wall where we were standing.
one lump just missed the top of my swede lol

One thing I proved to myself today was that run flats on the front and mpss on the rear really is a bad combination in the wet but I had to try it Laughing
Took chris Quinn out in the car as well as Ben and a few others there and you really would not believe how poor the grip was, car would not turn in at all would just understeer even on slight lock, then the backend was snaking all over the place even on gentle gear change so really was a handful so il have to revert back to same tyres all round which is what I should have done in the first place tbh but I didn't listen Rolling Eyes
At the end of the long straight I decided to leave the brakes till quite late at around 140mph and it was like braking on ice the car just wasn't gonna have it, I was never gonna make the bend so took the
run off so got away unscathed.
Near the end of the day Ben had chris in his car and ended up missing a bend and cutting the grass and ploughing the field, I thought il sneak up on his underside when he landed back on the track and we both entered a bend side by side but I ended up giving way to him because if my car lost grip I would have broad sided him and took the pair of us out the game lol.
Bens gtr was so much better than mine with his tyres he just had bags more grip under braking and turning in and I just couldn't do it with mine but we all had lots n lots of sideways action and it was a good bit of fun just playing silly buggers really

Now here's the thing
Chris and his pulsar was superb on the day, he was quicker than me and Ben in the wet and drove really well all day, the pulsar was just more predictable as you just couldn't get the power down in the big gtr's so could only really run on gentle throttle.
Chris was also running Toyota 888s and as some of you will know they are not the grippiest of tyres in the wet so gotta take my hat off to the lad (and not for the first time) he is an amazingly good driver so well done Chris thumbsup

Only downside of the day for him was that he threw a rocker, Crying or Very sad
we found a lump off one shim but God knows where the other bit went but it's in there some where probably the sump but even after draining the oil it never came out

As the car was only running on 3 cylinders we pulled the solenoid clip off the injector and left that lead off so no pressure on that piston.
He is attempting to drive it back and it should get him home running on 3 but he's got around a 4 hour drive so hope he gets back all ok.........please let me know as soon as you see this Chris

So all in all was a day full of drama from start to finish. My car nearly never made it at all as had a prob on the motorway where car lost all throttle response in outside lane so just drifted over plugged an obd2 in and seems one of the throttle position sensors is playing silly boogers, cleared the fault after about 5 times and was gonna give it up and head home on an AA flatbed but gave it one last try and revved the car soon as code had erased and hey presto it burst into life so onwards we went.

Great to meet you again Chris and if you need any bits to fix her just let me know Wink next year it will be your car v the rashiteen and bens loony mini v tec so should be some great little tear ups next year
That's it my fingers got typo dementia now Very Happy so you and Ben can add your own bits and pics ect

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

43Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 6th October 2014, 9:14 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Sound like an enjoyable day was had, get any footage on the gopro?

44Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 6th October 2014, 9:51 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

LOL Bob, that was Deffo almg write up! Only just seen the renting a garage bit too, fortunately we got one for free! Smile
I listened to what you said, and I did potter home, just sat at about 70, and it was fine, so thanks for the help and advice! Smile it's now tucked up in the garage and I'll take it to work tomorrow!

The day was a right laugh, weather made it a bit worse but really it was still fun! I enjoyed having the the old Datsun all over the place in the wet! Just a tad twitchy! Shame it broke, but fortunately you boys were there handing out passemger rides for us chumps!! Wink Was Deffo one to remember with Ben going off the track in his GTRLAWNMOWER, we just bother laughed at each other!! Was nice to meet Ben, he's a sound fella! Smile

Yes, the handling on your car was pretty much the opposite to what I was expecting, so I'll leave it there pal! Sad At least you know what to do to sort it which is good though!

I'll let you know if I need any bits Bob, thanks! Smile I'll shim it all up again and hopefully it will be all good and fixed for another couple of hours! LOL!

All in all, a good day though, Stevo enjoyed it too, was happy to meet you all and enjoyed the rides out! Like he said, he wants to come on the next one, prob next year with us all and him bring his Impreza!
Sounds good about the Rashiteen and mini too! Smile

45Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 6th October 2014, 9:57 pm

octainejunkee

Look forward to the vids- i found the surface like driving ice on saturday.

cheers Jamie

46Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 6th October 2014, 10:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Cool glad you got back all ok chris but I knew the old girl would get you home, as said earlier, your lucky it threw the rocker at the right time as I've seen them jam under the cam and hold the valve down then wallop valve goes straight through piston.
I'm 99% sure you haven't suffered any valve damage as both valves are sitting closed at same height but just to be sure compression test her first before you do the reshim.
Also like I said when you reshim it swap the flat shims for locator shims seeing as it's mainly a track car, that way there's far less chance of it happening again, also fit a set of greddy rocker stoppers well worth doing for more peace of mind

Wished I had the go pro going especially when I took that lad out near end of the day we were drifting down the straight from one side of track to the other playing silly fookers and the caterham spun in front and drifted round the side of it, the guy thought I was totally raving mad but he was a hard one to scare despite my best efforts lol

Clare got a couple of vids of us going down the straight but that was about it

Yeah was no different today jamie, it was really just a big skating rink and top points go to Ben with his pirouette over the grass and his stunning triple salsa 9 points scored Laughing

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

47Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 1:12 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

You will be pleased to here...... compressions all fine, 150 all across the board! Smile

So like you said, no real damage done and if it wasn't for you, I'd have been on the AA truck again, saved me a few hours there too! Very Happy

I'm struggling to find the Greddy rocker stoppers, They all seem to have to come from America, about £50. I'm presuming they are all the same for the SR20DET?? Driftworks do a set for £62 delivered but was just thinking about buying the Tomei set for £108. That's on Ebay from Amber performance in England, again just says its for the SR20DET so if they're all the same I presume they will fit??

I will now need to find my other shim, and will shim them all up as suggested then! Cheers.

.......The Salsa was Awesome!!!!!!

48Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 2:20 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I think the rocker stoppers are the same for sr20det however if i remember you have to just chop i small part off a corner?

49Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 8:19 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Good to meet you Chris, and that was such a laugh getting black flagged for bouncing off the sausage's!
Shame that your car didn't last as I know we were going to have a good run together.
Bob - well its a tradition now for you to have issues but maybe next year we can all have a laugh somewhere in the dry....( unless anyone can be tempted again this year?)....

50Snetterton track day Monday 6th October - Page 2 Empty Re: Snetterton track day Monday 6th October 7th October 2014, 9:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Think Horsham developments sell them chris give jez a bell.
Yeah they are the same, the only mod you need to make to fit them is the splash plate over no2 ex valves needs a little bit cut off the edge other than that it's a straight bolt in

See you found your password Ben Smile
Don't tempt me into doing another this year lol, your a bad influence and please burn the voodoo doll you made of my car as I've been punished enough already lol

Clare's trying to upload the short vids she got of our cars, not a lot but better than nothing I suppose

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

Sponsored content