Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Large rear brake disks?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Large rear brake disks? Empty Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 11:31 am

Indy

Hi guys I wanted to get bigger brake disks at the rear of my car using just the stock calipers I understand that there are kits out there for big conversions but they are overkill. I think I need just the brackets and disks can anyone help.?

Oh and I'm not looking to increase braking performance it's just for look!

Thanks all

2Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 11:35 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If its just for looks why not just get some grooved and dimpled discs indy ???

3Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 1:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Hispec & godspeed done slightly bigger discs (280x9mm) & bracket to relocate standard caliper.
Quite useful if rear brakes need refresh & does look far better too.
do come up used from time to time
You could make your own by source some discs from auto-factors then making brackets.

4Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 2:38 pm

toaster55

toaster55

i got some hi spec 300mm on the rear  Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy picked them up a while ago but they needed all new bolts and discs so not as cheap as i thought in the end  Sad 

photo 2014-06-01151150_zpsdbfb9763.jpg

5Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 4:50 pm

Indy

Thanks for the quick replys chaps although the grooved and dimple ones look good I wanted larger disks to fill the gaping space in the alloys lol the back ones look a bit pansy IMO.
I really don't know of any fabricators around here that could make up brackets and i wouldnt know where to start anyway! Also as most of us on here are on a budget I'm trying to keep the cost down. Appreciate all your help chaps.
I'm thinking 280 - 300mm would be max as I'm only planning to run 16" wheels
Thanks again

6Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 5:19 pm

toaster55

toaster55

i'm running 16's and dont have any problem with clearance. the disks were 55 quid each from what i can remember and bolts were a few quid for high tensile 12.9 from westfield fastners. The alloy bells i think can be bought from hi spec, and i'll take one of the brackets off and measure it and post on here so you can make it out of steel or alloy. if i forget someone remind me as i'm getting old and senile

7Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 8:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

hi spec as said do 280mm I think groved or plain. Not sure godspeed are still available

8Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 13th June 2014, 11:45 pm

Indy

Do you know how much it would cost roughly I don't really want to spend too much as its more looks than function... God I sound vain lol

9Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 14th June 2014, 6:04 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

not cheap mate or I don't think they are for 280mm x 10 discs maybe its the brackets design they are carrying the cost from. I think around £300 keep an eye out a set just sold on ebay but just looked they made £250 bob sometimes gets them in. If I hear of any I will let you know. I did want a set of spare of brackets made as I have both the godspeed and hi spec kit but its finding someone to fab them properly.

some people say the hi spec kit is best as the godspeed use spacers  and flex the caliper where as the hispec bracket is all in one

hispec =280 or 285
goodspeed =300

10Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 14th June 2014, 7:56 am

toaster55

toaster55

ahhhh thats a godspeed kit on mine then? that's interesting as the discs were bought from hi spec six months ago, they did require a bit of machining to get them to fit but i would have thought you could still by the alloy bells from hi spec as long as you know what offset they are, after that its just a case of making the brackets and buying some bolts. would have thought you could get it all done for around 250-300 quid mark

11Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 14th June 2014, 7:59 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Godspeed are with bells hi spec are a sloid disc
May vary but as a kit thats how they come

12Large rear brake disks? Empty Re: Large rear brake disks? 14th June 2014, 1:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Hispec do solid & 2 piece discs (alloy bell) or at least did.
solid disc is basically a conversion from 278mm primera rear discs.
you can use primers 278mm discs & redrill for 4x100 stud pattern. make your own bracket or look into brackets off of nissan models that use these 278mm discs as you will find some fit & work fine on the gtir hub.
A pair of 278mm discs can cost as little as £30, you may even find 4x100 stud pattern if factors up to the search. If you find brackets to work in a breakers you got easy job, if not fabrication no too hard. splash shield needs be removed or reshaped for these discs..
All in that could be done for say £80 to £120
cheapest 280mm hispec is about £250 ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum