Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion

+2
Mr B
mreguest
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 1:06 pm

mreguest

mreguest

So it turns out that the Hi Spec rear brake conversion kit does not fit properly, well at least for me and one other. Was discussing this with someone one facebook a while ago but can't remember who?

We had to grind off a little bit from where the trailing arm meets the hub and some from the original brake caliper bracket. Then it is still a tight fit. Oh yes and the dust/stone guards have to come off or be cut up. Wish they would of told us this or even provided some instructions...

Here's the evidence:

Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 27416162970_bf7e319642_bDSC_2068 by edward guest, on Flickr

Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 27694678005_741f0be64f_bDSC_2069 by edward guest, on Flickr

Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 27660160016_e4382c4df8_bDSC_2072 by edward guest, on Flickr

Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 27082744724_b0e4cb458f_bDSC_2074 by edward guest, on Flickr

If anyone wants to do it then note the pictures above, pain in the arse! But there are not many other options for us.

It adds 22mm diameter to the rear disc and so it is worth doing if you put some bigger brakes on the front, you get a better back to front braking balance.

Good luck!
Adam

2Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 2:13 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5031-brake-disks-off-another-car-that-fit-our-rear-hubs

Other option is Maxima 278mm discs redrilled and Maxima calliper brackets and it bolts on perfect to standard hubs/callipers, brake shields still need trimming but that it .

3Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 5:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Strange my hi spec kit never needed this

4Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 5:20 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

There are 2 different carrier types I know that
Can not remember the exact details

5Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 5:55 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I didn't have to cut mine either, obiously other than the dust shield as they're designed for smaller discs!

6Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 6:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I just know there are 2 type of carriers as I got 2 sprayed and they were different one fitted straight on one req washers

7Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 8:16 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote:http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5031-brake-disks-off-another-car-that-fit-our-rear-hubs

Other option is Maxima 278mm discs redrilled and Maxima calliper brackets and it bolts on perfect to standard hubs/callipers, brake shields still need trimming but that it .

What's size discs does the hi spec upgrade give you?

Maxima rear is so easy to do.

8Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 7th July 2016, 9:11 pm

mreguest

mreguest

Only 280mm. Maxima is clearly the best easier choice...

Standard is 258mm.

9Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 8th July 2016, 2:52 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Think they use to do a 300mm option too.
Maxima/Infiniti is good tweak for rear and new brackets and discs less than £100 and even cheaper if pick up used brackets .
Was super easy for woody as he had 5 stud hubs too ....

10Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 8th July 2016, 2:01 pm

DRC

DRC

So if I wanted a "big brake " set up on the rear I would just need a pair of maxima rear caliper carriers and discs ?

Sounds too easy lol

. I have to admit I have not searched the forum and also assume that these parts ok to hunt down. (USDM car)

11Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 8th July 2016, 2:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

DRC wrote:So if I wanted a "big brake " set up on the rear I would just need a pair of maxima rear caliper carriers and discs ?

Sounds too easy lol

. I have to admit I have not searched the forum and also assume that these parts ok to hunt down. (USDM car)

Click the link in my post above.
Is that easy as bolt off, trim brake shield lip, bolt on new carriers and you done. Maxima discs need drilling to 4x100 for standard hub spindles .
US will have brackets in junk yard parts (Maxima/Infiniti), bracket cheap too new in US, (use part numbers found in link)

12Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 8th July 2016, 5:43 pm

DRC

DRC

Thank you mr b , most useful sir.

13Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 9th July 2016, 4:48 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Any link to discs ?

14Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 9th July 2016, 6:35 pm

DRC

DRC

Well worth a punt . As we are the lazy generation do you by chance have a link to a set of discs in the uk . Thanks again .

Reading back over some threads mr b you are quite the orical in the world of the gtir.

Ali g : " respect! "

15Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 10th July 2016, 2:52 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I'll post a link when get chance if no one beats me to it.
Basically primera 278mm same which easier and cheaper if looking for them in UK market .

16Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 10th July 2016, 4:51 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

These are the ones I used.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DBA915-OEM-DBA-Rear-Disc-Rotors-x-2-to-suit-Nissan-Maxima-J32-A33-1994-2003-/321220580117?hash=item4aca3d1315:g:6oQAAOSwhOVXda64

17Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 10th July 2016, 9:07 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Discs>
BLUE PRINT    ADN14391   
DELPHI    BG3764   
BREMBO    08946110   
FIRSTLINE.  FBD1300
QUINTON HAZELL    BDC5039  
fri.tech.    DF701   
TRUSTING    DF701   
A.B.S.    17010   
HERTH+BUSS JAKOPARTS    J3311038

18Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion Empty Re: Hi Spec Rear Brake Conversion 10th July 2016, 9:10 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

eBay example >
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-REAR-278-MM-SOLID-BRAKE-DISCS-SET-BRAKING-DISCS-PAIR-OE-AFTERMARKET-RS3663-/252291711316?fits=Model%3APrimera&hash=item3abdc20154:g:WsgAAOSwB4NWxd0s

That 4 hole versions as can do a clean 4x100 redrilling on them

If got 5 stud hubs (conversion spindle) go for 5 hole version of discs .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum