Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine Bay clean up Project

+4
pulsarmoley
Stu
richpulsar
Ollydj
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:13 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

hi guys thanks for looking! ive recently been doing a bit of clean up work on my engine bay. Progress has been a bit on the slow side due to me being so busy with work and other peoples car issues but heres the progress so far.
First things first i got the inlet, intercooler pipe work, and turbo stripped off her
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0190
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0189

I then went on to strip down the inlet manifold to be cleaned and painted. I stripped the throttle cable spindle out of the one throttle body.I also stripped the turbo from the exhaust manifold to inspect the exhaust housing for carcks to give me a rough idea as to wether a new turbo would be needed as supposed to a rebuild.
Engine Bay clean up Project C950368a
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0191

The turbo looked in not bad nick so ive opted for a rebuild on it
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0192

Any hows a few weeks have flown by and i haven't had much time to get any thing done as such. Ive managed to get the small vacume ports on the throttle bodies tig welded up. Those are used for the pcv which i have blanked off( just incase you dont know that). This is a bit of a trial and error situation, im pritty confident it will be ok and there will be no air leaks.

Last week i managed to find a couple of evenings to get my throttle bodies and inlet painted and built back up. I also made my self a new gasket for my idle control valve.
Engine Bay clean up Project 96ffecff
Engine Bay clean up Project Afeffb25

I made a start last night fitting the inlet back on, ive also ordered up some silicone elbows to change my intercooler pipe run. I will keep updating as work progresses! Any ideas and feed back welcome!

2Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:16 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

nice writeup that inlet looks good painted red and silver, when can u do my engine bay Razz

3Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:23 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

haha thanks mate, its an easy enough task if the cars off the road. Not the sort of thing id like to attempt in a day. Its took me best part of a month to do lol. saying that ive been tryng to sort this mess out too

Engine Bay clean up Project 10bf46f6

4Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:26 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

hmmm good luck with all that wiring

5Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:34 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

richpulsar wrote:hmmm good luck with all that wiring

ive managed to get most of it cut away and the rest soldered into the 206 loom. Its starting to make sence lol

6Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:48 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

good work on the refurb mate Wink

i cant be botherd with things like this lol to muh like hard work doing the little fidly jobs lol i havent the patience! Sad

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

7Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 8:58 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Good effort, as above i cant be arsed to do things like this even though i would love my plenum polished.

8Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 9:07 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

i bet u would moley Wink

9Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 9:10 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

pulsarmoley wrote:Good effort, as above i cant be arsed to do things like this even though i would love my plenum polished.

id never go down the polishing route myself, to much hassle keeping on top of cleaning it.....

Ive kinda got board as well of throwing big money at the car now apart from getting the tubby rebuilt. Thats why im doing all the cheep little pottering jobs on it

10Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 4th April 2012, 9:11 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I shall only mention this once but i think some ball rubbing may put a shine on the plenum... lol!

11Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 5th April 2012, 9:45 am

saddler

saddler

Nice work pal..Don't forget to clean the slam panel and rear of the engine before you put the parts back on. Autoglym Engine Cleaner & the wifes washing up brushes are all you need to get the job done. if you start rubbing now you can end up with this..
Engine Bay clean up Project DSC_0022-1

12Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 5th April 2012, 10:18 am

godzilr

godzilr

very pretty Jon

13Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 5th April 2012, 1:00 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

saddler wrote:Nice work pal..Don't forget to clean the slam panel and rear of the engine before you put the parts back on. Autoglym Engine Cleaner & the wifes washing up brushes are all you need to get the job done. if you start rubbing now you can end up with this..
Engine Bay clean up Project DSC_0022-1

ahh good point mate, ill give that a good clean this weekend for sure. Thats one bling inlet Very Happy

14Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 5th April 2012, 1:16 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

pulsarmoley wrote: some ball rubbing may put a shine on the plenum... lol!

If i see that again i will fucking ban you! Laughing Twisted Evil

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

15Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 5th April 2012, 4:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

pulsar_stu wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote: some ball rubbing may put a shine on the plenum... lol!

If i see that again i will fucking ban you! Laughing Twisted Evil

Hence the mentioning it once Wink

16Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 27th June 2012, 10:03 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

Well its been a while since i updated this thread. Progress as usual has been a bit on the slow side due to work etc, but ive stuck at it and its starting to take a bit more shape.
Ive had the Turbo rebuilt, and fitted it back on to the car.
Refitted the inlet manifold.
Re Routed the intercooler pipe work.
The fuel rail and the rocker cover have had a lick of paint.
Ive made a new inlet pipe to relocate the air filter
Ive still got alot cleaning and tidying up to do but as least its running again.
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0426
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0428
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0483
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0480
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0481
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0478
Engine Bay clean up Project IMG_0482

17Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 28th June 2012, 12:29 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Great thread - awesome to see your updated pictures too - engine bay looking very nice mate !

Did you use any specific spay paint for the inlet ?
A job I've been meaning to do for many years - mine looks terrible.

Also...re-running the IC pipe work, is it more efficient to have good flow rather than having tight acute angles ?
I have the common hybrid style FMIC. I've always thought about redesigning the pipe work from the inlet to try and shorten the run but wasn't sure if it would make a huge difference ?

Any thoughts - hints welcome !
AL.

18Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 28th June 2012, 1:03 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

Welling_AL wrote:Great thread - awesome to see your updated pictures too - engine bay looking very nice mate !

Did you use any specific spay paint for the inlet ?
A job I've been meaning to do for many years - mine looks terrible.

Also...re-running the IC pipe work, is it more efficient to have good flow rather than having tight acute angles ?
I have the common hybrid style FMIC. I've always thought about redesigning the pipe work from the inlet to try and shorten the run but wasn't sure if it would make a huge difference ?

Any thoughts - hints welcome !
AL.

Thanks bud, For the inlet i used high temperature silver paint, you can get it off ebay for about £8 a tin. One tin did all of my inlet and the was a bit left over.

With the inter cooler pipe run, i got the idea off Fire and Skill on the owners club. I haven't driven the car properly yet so i can really say if its any different to how it was before but i will let you know on that on mate Very Happy

19Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 28th June 2012, 5:34 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

great job what colour blue is the rocker cover ?

20Engine Bay clean up Project Empty Re: Engine Bay clean up Project 28th June 2012, 8:27 pm

Ollydj

Ollydj

johnny gtir wrote:great job what colour blue is the rocker cover ?

Thanks bud,Its ford imperial blue Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum