Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anti lag....

+8
GTI-R US
Hardy172cup
Mr B
Concrete-GTIR
warpspeed
Scrim_R
nomad
PartyPete
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Anti lag.... Empty Anti lag.... 13th February 2014, 11:08 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Has any body had or does any one have anti lag fitted to there cars? Who's the best person to take it to to have it done? And what are the costs? Iv read up about it and it says a map, a valve, a ball bearing turbo etc! Any advice?

2Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 13th February 2014, 11:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is couple of  types of anti lag .... it can kill turbos quickly ....

3Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 6:05 am

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

I want anti-lag as well, but gordon at street racers where we had the rolling road day said it is very expensive to do!!

4Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 7:39 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

How expensive? As it's something I would want, Iv read the blurb on the modifiers forum about it, it's says there's 2 types, and one of them is a mild one, and if using decent engine oil it shouldn't cause any problems as long as you use an exhaust gas temperature gauge to keep an eye on things! This is only something I have read ad was wondering if any one had any experience with it on a pulsar?

5Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 8:31 am

warpspeed

To do it properly you need an anti-maram shaft fitted to your turbo (£1200+ extra just for the shaft ) throttle bypass valve, ecu that can control it, associated wiring, thick walled exhaust that won't melt....
Turbo life id drastically shortened (6-12 months depending how much and hard you use the anti-lag)
Realistically you can budget £5k plus to do it properly and thats being conservative as kits aren't available for gtir's so the work would need to be custom...

6Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 8:53 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

im in no rush to do it lol

7Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 9:33 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Holy sh*t!!!! I was thinking like £4/500! Never heard anything about these turbo shafts! Well that's just blown it out the water for me Sad

8Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 10:01 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Waste of time on non competition cars & plenty of better areas to spend time money & effort on. Even mar-m superalloy material does not hold up that long to full blown antilag, was a trend to do mild type antilag but it was mainly for pops & bangs rather than keeping turbo spooling for full boost.

Last edited by Mr B on 14th February 2014, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

9Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 10:03 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

If its just pops and bangs you want can't you just retard the timing on over run? I'm sure I've seen someone do this on their R before but I don't know if it's going to be any good for the engine but it does Pop and nd bang on overrun lol

10Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 11:02 am

A few people had it years ago was a lot of threads on the gtiroc concerning the reliability of the cars once it was fitted
Don't think the threads will be there now as this was on its original forum when Caleb had the forum

11Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 11:38 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive had 2 cars in with antilag fitted
one was using a pfc pro version ecu and the other was running a motec ecu with antilag kit fitted which you could switch on and off via a toggle switch on dash

basically you get a solenoid fitted to the throttle bodies which opens the throttles electronically as you lift off the loud pedal (you can feel the accelerator pedal dip as you come off) then timing is adjusted through the ecu, in this case being the motec.

pretty simple really but as said it does rapidly shorten the life of the tubby but is good fun if you want to scare mothers pushing kids in prams through a city centre, switch it on and watch them jump and duck  Laughing 
ive had women raise fists towards me and call me a few nasty names as there little cherubs are bawling their eyes out but that makes it all the more fun

a motec or pfc pro will set you back around a grand then youll need the antilag kit (solenoid to go with it) then mapping around another £4-500 plus a money pot for an endless supply of turbos lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 11:43 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Sounds expensive but fun Laughing

13Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 12:35 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Jesus! What about a pop and bang remap then? I know it won't cure the lag but it would sound pretty cool! It's all about scaring the little ones hahahah

14Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 12:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep that can be done with nistune (gaz on here has it on his car) nowhere near as loud as a proper antilag system though but may scare a few faint hearted women lol

15Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 1:04 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I believe the car I'm going to look at has a nistune ecu on it!

16Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 2:54 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

if your really desperate for the pop and bang just buy a bee-r rev limiter, you will probably throw a rocker at some point wiht it unless you keep the rev limit right down but it will give you the affect you desire. Set the rev limit to what you want set the gain to max which pretty much means a harsher affect hey presto massive pops and bangs. All it does is when it reaches the limit cuts the ignition for a very short time then all the fuel is pushed through exhaust and ignited

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bee-R-Rev-Limiter-Type-B-LAUNCH-CONTROL-RRP-229-/171228244405?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ddffa9b5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dEXOnZ7KGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQUe7r2cVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4bYYtd0JQ

17Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:00 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah ive heard these work very well
a lot of the Honda guys use them

seeing as they just cut ignition and don't mess with ignition timing via the ecu I would say that's the better option and cheaper too

18Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:01 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Is their any adverse effects from using the Bee-r rev limiters? I have looked at them but wasn't too sure about them, surely all that unburnt fuel being dumped into the cylinders can't be good for it

19Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cant answer that one but think it only momentarily cuts ignition as you can adjust frequency of spark cut.

with most antilag systems they work on a twin spark after tdc which I would think would cause more damage to your engine as well as the tubby
this will give you no performance gains just a few flames and pops, bangs

20Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:31 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

one of the main problems is the hitting the rev limiter to get the most outrageous affects ie the flames and bangs the rev limit needs to be high so more fuel is sent through the exhaust. So as you know our engines dont like the red line that much so you run the risk of throwing rockers(bob told me this a few years back when someone else was on abotu these) i had one on my skyline is was good for a while then the fascination wears off

21Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:36 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Hmmm very tempting! Just watched the videos and had to have a moment, so do these still work at high rpm when you change gear?

22Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:39 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

ye along as you hit the rev limit you set but obviously you will put your foot down staright away after changing gear so the affect wont be as prolonged

23Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 3:51 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Well it's something to think about for sure as anti lag is waaaay more expensive than I thought it would be!

24Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 14th February 2014, 9:23 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

GTI-R US wrote:ive had 2 cars in with antilag fitted
one was using a pfc pro version ecu and the other was running a motec ecu with antilag kit fitted which you could switch on and off via a toggle switch on dash

basically you get a solenoid fitted to the throttle bodies which opens the throttles electronically as you lift off the loud pedal (you can feel the accelerator pedal dip as you come off) then timing is adjusted through the ecu, in this case being the motec.

pretty simple really but as said it does rapidly shorten the life of the tubby but is good fun if you want to scare mothers pushing kids in prams through a city centre, switch it on and watch them jump and duck  Laughing 
ive had women raise fists towards me and call me a few nasty names as there little cherubs are bawling their eyes out but that makes it all the more fun

a motec or pfc pro will set you back around a grand then youll need the antilag kit (solenoid to go with it) then mapping around another £4-500 plus a money pot for an endless supply of turbos lol

This had made me laugh about scaring people Bob! Might have some of that myself  Wink

25Anti lag.... Empty Re: Anti lag.... 23rd May 2014, 7:04 pm

simigeri

simigeri

Is there any solution to provide air enough for als on GTIR without open throttle?
I made some mods on thottle bodies, but there isnt enought space to drill holes after the trottle plates.
The idle valve has also small diameter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum