Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anti Lift kit

+3
nomad
joetheeskimo
Cosmic73
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anti Lift kit Empty Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 3:11 pm

wrc

wrc

Afternoon gents,

Slowly getting on with my build money permitting and the time has now come where im polybushing the front and brings me to the subject of the front wishbone rear bush.

The complete rest of my car is polybushed with red Nolathane poly and the quality is awesome. But Nolathane only do a standard replacement or a L/H caster adjusted bush to combat steering pull. They don't do a caster modded bush for both sides.

I have looked at the whiteline anti lift/caster kit but at basically a few quid short of £100 that's a lot out of my budget when the standard Nolathane ones are £40.

What im asking if will it really be worth it for me? The car will be all road based with around 300hp just lightly modified for road use. Can anyone advise? I wont be taking it on track etc.

I will however be getting it all aligned properly after the car is done to some slightly adjusted over standard fast road settings, that's all.

Any advise?

Thanks guys.

2Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 3:31 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

sounds like you might have answered you're own question,
i'm in the same boat as you, rebuilding to target ~300 for road use as it will be my daily driver
i just fitted normal Nolathanes were needed, Very Happy

3Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 4:54 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Sorry to side step this conversation but what are nolathanes bushes and we're do you buy them from

4Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 5:06 pm

wrc

wrc

Its an Australian brand of polybush, produced by red ranger who also produce whiteline.

They do every bush for a gtir and are really reasonable money. Ive done pretty much my whole car in them, just about to order the last few bushes. I think its nolathane.com.au

You have to buy through one of their dealers a few of which are on ebay etc.

5Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 6:35 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Ok thanks. Need to get all the bushes for the rear of my gtir.
I've done all the front arms but don't want to pay superpro prices for the rear

6Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 6:43 pm

wrc

wrc

Neither would anyone mate. Even a full nolathane kit for mine INCLUDING the carriage from austrailia was still half the price compared to any uk brand.

7Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 8:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Can you just buy it as a whole kit ????

8Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 8:43 pm

mc_hawkings24

I thought the super pro prices for the rear were cheap at £163 compared to powerflex which runs into hundreds Shocked

9Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 8:59 pm

mc_hawkings24

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Pulsar-GTiR-Anti-Lift-Front-Lower-Arm-Wishbone-Rear-Bush-Kit-SuperPro-/251742462978?fits=Car+Make%3ANissan&hash=item3a9d052402:g:jg4AAOSwBLlVdrJU

not buying these but i was wondering how do these work compared to the whiteline kit and what not

10Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 28th January 2016, 9:19 pm

wrc

wrc

They look like a caster mod bush kit rather than a true anti lift kit.

11Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 7:17 pm

wrc

wrc

Can anyone advise on this before I order?

At the moment I'm siding towards standard offset polybushes and a good alignment unless anyone seriously recommends the anti lift kit?

12Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 7:21 pm

mc_hawkings24

Which are the offset bushes? Interested aswell as i've done the rear end.

13Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 7:35 pm

theres more the the whiteline kit than just offset bushes

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA346&sq=14147

ive tried them on a standard set up and it was noticeable(but that could be down to other factors)
on another two cars that were properly set up never noticed any difference

14Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 8:08 pm

wrc

wrc

As in you wouldn't bother with them if the car is properly aligned rob?

15Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 8:32 pm

depends what you use your car for really
by far the best handling gtir ive ever been in is a few hundred mile old sunny gtir
ithe first gtir i ever drove was by far better than any other one ive been in was the first one i bought but it had less than 20,000 miles so all bushes ect were good and to be honest drove better than any ive had with new uprated bushes
as a road car id stick with as near standard possibly an adjustable rear anti roll bar adjustable shocks on the off chance you do track days

16Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 9:32 pm

mc_hawkings24

Caster angle on my old bmw e30 was pretty good if the bushes could get near that that would be good.

I also have an adjustable rear arb and that made alot of difference. I've just bought the front arb as i'm going to nurburg in may so i want it to handle reasonable well.

17Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 10:18 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

What exactly is an anti lift kit? Or what does it doe...

My apologies for the hijack Smile

18Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 10:28 pm

it adds about +1 degree of castor too the front of the car helps with cornering on tight corners ect

19Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 10:34 pm

mc_hawkings24

Stracher motorsport sells his i think for £120 but in derlin, supposed to be pretty tough stuff.

20Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 10:46 pm

the whiteline stuff is too
ive a car still using the anti lift kit that was fitted in 2002 and the car has had a hard life
depends on your budget unless you drive flat out everywhere all the time you not notice really

21Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 29th January 2016, 10:56 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You ask me you hit the nail on the head before rob and it applies to  so much with the Gtir not just handling the more you deviate away from how nisssn designed it the worse the car is. Now I am not saying there ain't room for improvement on things but keep the theme of Nissan stuff and you will end up with a car that you will be supprised at. 

Build the car to your needs and its use
Everyone's driving style differs

22Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 30th January 2016, 12:27 pm

mc_hawkings24

As the saying goes, if in doubt try it out.
Now whos got a spare set

23Anti Lift kit Empty Re: Anti Lift kit 30th January 2016, 7:26 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

robd wrote:it adds about +1 degree of castor too the front of the car helps with cornering on tight corners ect

Thanks for clearing that one up Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum