Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anti freeze

+6
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
danr
pulsarmoley
scottyboy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anti freeze  Empty Anti freeze 8th November 2013, 9:17 pm

scottyboy

What anti freeze do you folks use I know most nissans use green stuff can I change to red? Cheers Scott

2Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 8th November 2013, 10:30 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I use a blue one I get from work, always have with no issues.

3Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 8th November 2013, 11:06 pm

scottyboy

I was thinking along the lines of red as I need some for the audi to and I'm strapped for cash and the pulsar has none:( lol

4Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 8th November 2013, 11:38 pm

danr

danr

i always thought red is different metal/internals type to blue, red is bad for the 'R waterpump etc (different additives). it might be pooh advice but i always used bluecol

http://bluecol.co.uk

5Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 10:39 am

scottyboy

Ok blue it is cheers folks

6Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 10:45 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Mines running red with no problems... What ever you choose you need to make sure you get all the old stuff out..

pretty sure your not meant to mix them

7Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 10:48 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep its also important never to mix the glycomol i.e red with blue
as this will cause a reaction with aluminium engines and will slowly erode various parts of the engine

beat me to it lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 2:11 pm

scottyboy

Aww I've just order 5 liters of red and 3 blue dam us I could've got away with using red lol

9Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 5:39 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No you can not get away with it if you want to look after your engine use blue. There was a big disscission on this last winter and you will find the wrong colour is slowly damaging your block 

Frightens me how many of R owners scrimp on decent fluids for there cars and regular services but find money for bling bits etc normally find the same owners dont have there car long or are the first to say there unreliable

10Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 5:52 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I use this syuff & was recommended it on another forum by Oilman from opie oils.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-903-motul-inugel-optimal-ready-to-use-cooling-liquid-anti-corrosion-and-anti-freeze.aspx

11Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 6:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Gaz is that premixed or the stuff that is waterless ?

12Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 6:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Motul Inugel Optimal is a ready to use cooling liquid, anti-corrosion and anti freeze.Protection -37°CAOT TechnologyNitrite free / Amine free / Phosphate free / Borate free / Silicate freeMOTUL INUGEL OPTIMAL is a ready to use coolant / anti-freeze based on monoethyleneglycol, using organic additives (OAT).    Strongly recommended for all cooling systems : passenger cars, heavy duty, construction and agriculture vehicles, gardening, ships, stationary engines RECOMMENDATIONS    Ready to use, do not add any water
Drain intervals : Refer to the manufacturers' recommendation.Do not mix with non organic products.This product should not be used to protect drinking water systems against freezing.

13Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 6:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

So its waterless over pre mixed which basically has water added when produced

14Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 6:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

From the advert 8 think your right johnny ...

15Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 6:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Not been funny Just trying to remember what was said about it as basically there is concentrate which you dilute
                    Premixed but basically distilled water added when made
                     And this new technology which is waterless

16Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 7:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I havent got a clue mate tbh im not sure if its just pure chemicals or not ....

17Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 9th November 2013, 8:49 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

When I bought mine the mechanic who had it said to always use distiller water as ordinary water will cause the aliminium to fur and corrode . Makes spence really as the wife's iron has distiller to stop the Ali sole plate furring up. He also drained all the water out over winter as it was garaged and off the road for 6 months

18Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 10th November 2013, 8:33 am

Rot box revival!

I'm gona stick with red. We used it wen i worked in Caterpillar for every engine from tiny wee road rollers right up to 150 tonne dumptrucks. This is what CAT supplies so cant be bad.

I do know if you mix them you end up with huge problems. It strips the inside of your hoses and sludges up your cooling system and it reeks man!

19Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 10th November 2013, 9:28 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Cat made pulsars err no use what you want your loss its been proven general rule red is for newer engines . As for distilled the best mix is 25 distilled water 25 water from tap and 50 antifreez. Using 50%distilled water now i am no scientist but its deionised so starts to strip the inside of your engine even with antifreeze untill it gets the amount of metals in to balance so its no longer reacting. Probably a way better explaination but thats roughly the jist of it

20Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 10th November 2013, 1:08 pm

Rot box revival!

Oh so you've lost an engine to using red antifreeze rather than blue?

21Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 10th November 2013, 6:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have seen one where cavitation seriously affected the water ways and that was words from a very well know engine builder. Not here to argue with you but for the sake of some antifreeze why put the wrong stuff in ? Ps this dose not happen over night but will shorten the life of the engine. Would you put cheap oil in because you have it there or its used in plant ? . Same principal

22Anti freeze  Empty Re: Anti freeze 10th November 2013, 7:48 pm

Rot box revival!

Plant oil and antifreeze aint cheep champ. If anything its mare expensive. Those engines run at full chap for hours on end rain hail or shine and this is why i cant understand the difference. I'm no tryin to argue or take the piss just experiance is tellin me otherwise!

A could be wrong like, its happend once!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum