Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slowly seizing breaks

+2
pulsarmoley
Bones
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Slowly seizing breaks Empty Slowly seizing breaks 21st December 2013, 7:34 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

The car has been off the road for about 3 months no problem but it's been in the paint shop for a couple of weeks and he says the breaks are slowly seizing as he could push it round easily but now all four wheels are getting stiffer any ideas chaps??

2Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 21st December 2013, 8:31 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I would of thought if they had left the handbrake off the brakes should be ok?

3Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 21st December 2013, 8:46 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

When you get the car back strip the calipers down and give them a clean up, grease up your sliders as they might be seized and copper grease the brake pads then see how your brakes feel

4Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 21st December 2013, 10:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its probably just build up of rust on the discs ....it doesnt take much to start fouling the pads .... i do agree when you get the car back ...grease up the sliders .pins.scrub the discs up and see how they feel ..

5Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 21st December 2013, 10:50 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Could also be dust in there as its been in a paintshop?

6Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 22nd December 2013, 8:58 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Im guna stick new braided hoses on so i will do the callipers the, ill do a write up as i go. Just thought it strange as the discs looked clean and it was all 4. I could imagine one being stiff,

7Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 22nd December 2013, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Diff oils etc when pushing the car when its been cold will make it harder to push

8Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 22nd December 2013, 11:00 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

It was up on the ramp and you can hardly turn the wheels by hand but you could before. Probably just need a service as there can't be much to fix

9Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 23rd December 2013, 11:25 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

are all 4 wheels as equally hard to turn by hand?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 25th December 2013, 2:46 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Pritty much bob. Bet that means the heads fooked lol

11Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 27th December 2013, 7:22 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Come on Bob if you've got a theory let me in on it?? Lol

12Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 27th December 2013, 9:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think he is on now holiday darren ..its probably the flux capacitor needs charging properly it takes vigerous rubbing and chanting followed by a sacrifice of a goat .....thats what it says in the manual  Wink 

13Slowly seizing breaks Empty Re: Slowly seizing breaks 28th December 2013, 7:37 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye someone else said that, but those main dealers don't know everything lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum