Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slowly getting the R back together

+6
Chrism
toaster55
gtir_woody
MartyMG
mikewazowski
shroom
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Slowly getting the R back together Empty Slowly getting the R back together 2nd January 2015, 11:40 pm

shroom

shroom

Hi all,

Some of you may know me  Smile

Haven't really had any interest in GTiR ownership for a while now but thought I would join up under my proper username, did join up when the forum first started as 12inchfloppy lol although not sure what happened to that account.

Haven't really done anything R related for the last couple of years, got tired of cars in general so left in in a lockup and took some hypnosis classes to help work on the mrs and get her to love cars (its worked!!).

The last two months or so I have been looking at it and started to get some desire to get the thing running again.

Spent new year replacing the clutch slave cylinder and filling the garage floor with clutch fluid (trying to bleed it on my own Laughing)

Looking to get the car back up and running for spring 2015 and hopefully enjoy a sensible car rather than the crap I was once interested in.

Hopefully I can pick your brains on here and get the blasted thing going as I have spent enough on it over the years.

Thanks

Tom What a Face

Will post a couple of pictures of my car in a few days as cant atm, current still have the H Reg which I have owned for about 5 years now.

Last edited by shroom on 2nd January 2015, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

2Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 2nd January 2015, 11:53 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

12inchfloppy lol

Welcom to the forum man, you should defo get her running again !

3Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 2nd January 2015, 11:55 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Good luck mate! I'm kinda in the same situation as you but I've kept my interest up by regularly buying nice new bits for my clutchless, garage bound R! Hope you get her back on the road soon!

4Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 2nd January 2015, 11:56 pm

shroom

shroom

I work in IT so had a picture of a 3" floppy disk as a bit of a joke lol

Will post some pictures up when I can, glad I only had to replace the slave cylinder as the clutch was right to the floor. Still starts on the button though after taking the plugs out and turning over a few times then fired up without any problems.

Just got to get the horrendous 5" mongoose of it

5Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 2nd January 2015, 11:58 pm

shroom

shroom

MartyMG wrote:Good luck mate! I'm kinda in the same situation as you but I've kept my interest up by regularly buying nice new bits for my clutchless, garage bound R! Hope you get her back on the road soon!

Thanks for that Very Happy I need all the luck I can get lol

Yes I have recently been mustering some parts, seems to have dried up quite a bit not so many cars about these days I guess.

I Just make sure the Mrs thinks everything is between £50 - £100 and I'm golden (glad she has no idea what car parts cost)

6Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 12:49 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Know what you mean! If my missus knew my Xmas present to my R (Hi spec 4 pot conversion) cost rather a lot more than hers, I would be in big trouble! Luckily to her its just an incomprehensible box of gold painted & silver metal objects!

7Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 12:59 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

BTW, I remember you from the modders, shroom. Back ( in the day) there I was Nurse Tinkle. Shame the modders forum is dead but I think there's a good few of us here now!

8Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 2:03 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome mate. Good to hear the car is getting back together! Any questions just ask away thumbsup

9Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 8:46 am

toaster55

toaster55

welcome here mate! mine qas on road till i removed turbo now its too cold to work outside

10Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 9:12 am

Chrism

Shroom wanna swap that 5 for a 3 1/2 or 3" tip..??

11Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 9:30 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Shroom! I have your old car, I tried hard to get hold of you before I bought it but couldn't get hold of you for the life of me!

12Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 9:49 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome back

Last edited by johnny gtir on 3rd January 2015, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 12:10 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Alright Tom.
Good to see you didnt sell all your toys lol

Wish everyone kept their original names. I dont know half of the newer members. But in reality i have proberbly spoke to the most of them on modders lol

14Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 12:51 pm

shroom

shroom

Chrism wrote:Shroom wanna swap that 5 for a 3 1/2 or 3" tip..??

Yes I would happily swap it for a 3"

Im down in bicester today making up for spending so much on the R socim shopping with the mrs great weather today to be at bicester village what a place pffft

15Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 12:53 pm

shroom

shroom

PartyPete wrote:Shroom! I have your old car, I tried hard to get hold of you before I bought it but couldn't get hold of you for the life of me!

Hi Pete,
Is that the M reg car? Was it you who brought it from me? I cant remember now lol

16Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 1:09 pm

shroom

shroom

Stu wrote:Alright Tom.
Good to see you didnt sell all your toys lol

Wish everyone kept their original names. I dont know half of the newer members. But in reality i have proberbly spoke to the most of them on modders lol

How you keeping mate :-) see your going through a mid life crysis with the bikes haha

Suppose they dont cost anything to run well exept your knees

17Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 2:14 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Im keeping good thanks mate.
Had enough of cars so thought bikes would be an easier hobby lol

18Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 3:55 pm

shroom

shroom

Can see were your coming from! Will get the R ready for spring and hopefully have some driving in it, alot of the time we have cars and end up never driving the bloody things as tinkering takes over

19Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 4:13 pm

Chrism

Just checked there both 3 1/2 but you can still get the tip if you want.??

20Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 6:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

shroom wrote:did join up when the forum first started as 12inchfloppy lol although not sure what happened to that account.

account still alive >
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/u53

21Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 3rd January 2015, 9:36 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

It's the m reg, I bought it from Richard

22Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 4th January 2015, 12:05 am

shroom

shroom

PartyPete wrote:It's the m reg, I bought it from Richard

Cool good to see its about and has a decent owner! Got it mapped but never really felt it with that car as I hadnt really done much of the work and didnt have much interest in fast cars.

23Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 4th January 2015, 1:50 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Oh I thought you'd built the engine? How long did you have it for? Did you buy it off the guy who built it?

24Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 4th January 2015, 9:38 am

shroom

shroom

Na wasnt me mate, a chap username Frit built the whole car, think he had it from standard. I brought it and had it about a year two years and replaced some bushes underneith, got it re mapped but never really used it.

I brought it as my H reg R needed to much doing to it and this was the complete package so to say. If you look up Frit on the modifiers im sure you will find the old build thread for the car. I have a few random pics of the engine stripped down.

I must say I'm not a mechanic in any way, I can spanner monkey and do the odd thing but not rebuilding engines lol.

25Slowly getting the R back together Empty Re: Slowly getting the R back together 4th January 2015, 3:48 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'll have a look, I saw the for sale thread when you were selling it but it had gone, then came up a while later and I bought it, cheers for the info pal!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum