Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brake master cylinder support braket

+7
fred05
burrows1980
ROB_IOW
knights of nee
nomad
BEBB GTIR
Scooby_killer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 10:06 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Hi guys I bought a brake master cylinder support braket about 6 months ago as my car is off road I thought I might aswell fit it but my problem is I have lost the alloy cylinder cup that goes on the end master cylinder dose any one no where I could buy another one from I've been looking on eBay and the internet for the last 2-3 hours without any luck maybe one one you guys can shed some light on where to get one from
I no the oc site are doing a group buy I would have asked who ever is making them where to get it from but am not a member on there not unless some one who's a member on there would ask the question for me would be very helpful

2Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 10:12 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

found mine the other day mate in the workshop but cant remeber seeing a cup on the end, thought it was nut with a concave end, unless im wrong :/ will look again tomo for you to check, can you post a pic of what youve actually got

3Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 10:36 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Ok these pictures are take of the oc website I've got the braket with the nut on it am after the shinny cup thing in the picture it's a aluminium alloy cup thing that goes on the end of the nut

Brake master cylinder support braket Image_zpse4e2acc2

Brake master cylinder support braket Image_zps36b06f56

4Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 10:40 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

ah i aint got that, surely it'll fit without?? anythings better than nothing

5Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 10:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I do believe these were/are custom made by steve ....so i doubt you will find one on the search of the net ....

6Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 10:46 pm

knights of nee

I think he's making some more at the moment so it might be worth asking him for another cup.

7Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 11:06 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

No wounder I can't find any on the net
I no he is making some at the moment but can't ask him as am not a member on the oc if I can't find an alternative one I might just join and ask him

8Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 11:09 pm

knights of nee

Scooby_killer wrote:No wounder I can't find any on the net
I no he is making some at the moment but can't ask him as am not a member on the oc if I can't find an alternative one I might just join and ask him
I'll ask him on your behalf mate let you know

9Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 22nd November 2013, 11:31 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

knights of nee wrote:
Thank you mate that will be great

10Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 7:41 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Had my support bracket for about 7 years and don't have one of them cup things.. Never came with one

11Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 10:04 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Don't want to sound a thicko, but what do these brackets actually do? Is the master cylinder another weak point of the car?

I've had the Clutch pedal support bracket fitted for years, but never knew about this one..

Gaz

12Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 10:30 am

knights of nee

burrows1980 wrote:Don't want to sound a thicko, but what do these brackets actually do? Is the master cylinder another weak point of the car?

I've had the Clutch pedal support bracket fitted for years, but never knew about this one..

Gaz
It improves brake pedal feel and performance because the Pulsar firewall tends to flex quite a bit under hard braking, This bracket eliminates the movement .

13Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 10:39 am

knights of nee

Scooby_killer wrote:
knights of nee wrote:
I called him this morning and he said he can supply you another one for £15 posted, He has materials to knock up another one on the lathe.

14Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 11:07 am

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

knights of nee wrote:
Scooby_killer wrote:
knights of nee wrote:
I called him this morning and he said he can supply you another one for £15 posted, He has materials to knock up another one on the lathe.
Thank you mate really appreciate your help would you mind PM me his email address and I will sort the rest out with him my self

Thanks

15Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 11:40 am

knights of nee

Scooby_killer wrote:

Thank you mate really appreciate your help would you mind PM me his email address and I will sort the rest out with him my self

Thanks
stevepudney@aol.com

16Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 23rd November 2013, 11:48 pm

knights of nee

Apparently because of some shit stirring going on over on the OC Steve isn't making anymore of these braces for anybody now, But he does have a prototype cup that he will send to Scooby killer if he covers postage so that should still solve his problem.

ROb

17Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 24th November 2013, 12:53 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats nice of him ... il keep the other comments to myself  on the oc Wink

18Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 24th November 2013, 8:40 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Will this bracket suits to lhd cars?

19Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 24th November 2013, 9:18 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Shit stirring was going on their site about Bob though Rob. Can't have it both ways. I don't think he's done any harm apart from upset a few people. Shit happens, don't turn back into Mr nasty Rob, lol

20Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 24th November 2013, 10:40 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would say fred if the distance was the same between the inner wing and cylinder   
As the rhd then yes but you would need to turn it upside down and drill new holes to bolt it to the inner wing ...

21Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 24th November 2013, 10:51 am

knights of nee

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Shit stirring was going on their site about Bob though Rob. Can't have it both ways. I don't think he's done any harm apart from upset a few people. Shit happens, don't turn back into Mr nasty Rob, lol
I wasn't getting involved mate I was just stating the facts that's all I don't care either way!

22Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 24th November 2013, 11:42 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Couple weeks fred i will send you one to try if you want so you dont buy one to find it dose not fit i mean it would or should sell on but its a slaver for you

23Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 11:19 am

stevepudney

Hey Johnny & Fred

Just thought I would copy/paste something I put up on the OC about this bracket, it does refer to the design I came up with but i think all the designs use the same sort of principle and are mounted in the same way.

THESE BRACKETS WILL NOT FIT IN A LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR the layout/position of ancillaries in the left hand drive R are totally different. In simple terms this RHD bracket utilities the triangulation between the suspension turret and the position of the end of the master cylinder, a bracket for the LHD car would need to be a totally different design as the master cylinder is to far away from the suspension turret. In fact, it coming back to me now, i seem to remember, when i looked into this before, because of the position of everything the easiest thing to do on the LHD model was to reinforce the bulkhead itself.

24Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 11:42 am

stevepudney

Scooby Killer (this isn't intended as a sales pitch sorry if it comes over that way)

I will be making a small batch or 5-6 no more, and am happy to turn you up an extra alloy cup for the bracket you have. I have received your email and will let you know when your cup is ready.

Just so you know the cup was incorporated into this design to protect and strengthen. It's lesson's any friction between the steel bracket and the end of the alloy master. As it fits over the end of the master cylinder and the adjustment screw fits into the end of it, it keeps the adjustment screw from moving/wondering on the end of the master cylinder, and in turn helps to stop any side to side movement of the master cylinder as the brake is depressed.

25Brake master cylinder support braket Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 1:57 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

so don't need it john! thanks for the offer!

thanks steve (and welcome back here!!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum