Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brake master cylinder upgrade

+6
mateush
gtir_woody
ROB_IOW
Mr B
keastygtir
Gaz GTiR
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Brake master cylinder upgrade 27th March 2014, 5:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Brake Master cylinders for the GTiR are not available as a NEW part, unless from Nissan But at £192.00  Shocked 

So after 2 days of searching the net I found that (Nissan Navara D22 2001 - 2006) are the exact same with a 1", 25.4mm internal bore so slightly bigger than the standard GTiR of 23.8mm.

Thanks to some help of fellow forum members they found a part number for a Blue print part for the above Navara.

ADN15127... is the part number & your local motor factors will be able to get them for around £100 Smile

Brake master cylinder upgrade 3B3F58EC-2A03-4D9E-A082-7AB476117056_zps3nh9om7v

2Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 28th March 2014, 10:58 am

keastygtir

good find!

does it matter is says its a non abs one?

3Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 28th March 2014, 12:28 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

No shouldn't make a difference mate... All the ABS 1 is the wire that comes off it to throw you light up on the dash if you have a fault I think

4Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 15th December 2014, 6:32 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Original thread below with more cylinder images on page 4
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t2827p30-stuck-breaks

5Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 15th December 2014, 7:37 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

This is what this site is all about ..... Great find

6Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 15th December 2014, 10:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Great find, I will need replace mine so this makes life easier Smile

7Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 28th April 2015, 10:05 pm

mateush

You can also use the one from 300ZX. It is called "BM57" and has a 17/16 piston (~27mm).
If you are looking for an upgrade it is the biggest master cylinder that fits.

Last edited by Stu on 28th April 2015, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanks for the advice. but please don't use your posts as a for sale post.)

8Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 28th July 2015, 6:29 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

How'd the pedal feel after changing to the d22 master cylinder mate? Much difference because of the slightly bigger bore?

9Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 28th July 2015, 7:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I doubt you would notice much difference on that minimal size change, will pump more fluid to stroke travel so should travel less & feel fractionally heavier/harder.
Gaz fitted one of these so hopefully he can comment.

10Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 9:43 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was wondering if it made much difference. I was going to use one when I upgrade my system and change to r32 front caliper's

11Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 10:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Probably easier to get the navara one than the pulsar specific i would imagine ...

12Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 10:10 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's exactly what I was thinking, but was wondering if using the navara one was a bonus with the bigger caliper's.

13Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 10:46 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes it a bonus in case where you running calipers with bigger piston displacement as the D22 will displace more fluid per mm of travel which will help. 300ZX would be good too for real big piston 4 pots .

14Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 10:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It can only be a help being slightly larger ...i cant see any downsides to it really ...

15Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 10:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Do you run into problems with the standard proportion valve using the 300zx master as its so much larger?

16Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 11:32 pm

ducie54

ducie54

mateush wrote:You can also use the one from 300ZX. It is called "BM57" and has a 17/16 piston (~27mm).
If you are looking for an upgrade it is the biggest master cylinder that fits.

You could, but if you understood how the stock proportional valve worked you wouldn't. You would end up with the different pressures at all four corners of the car.

17Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 30th July 2015, 11:42 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So bad idea unless I do something about the proportional valve.

18Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 31st July 2015, 12:05 am

ducie54

ducie54

Bad idea all round. Why would you want a master that size. Bigger master means you have to apply more leg force for the same amount of line pressure to callipers. You want around 1000psi-1200psi pressure at front.

As example I used the stock master with r32 calipers at front (5127.58mm2) and r32 calipers on rear (2289.78mm2) pedal travel was slightly longer than stock but man it felt good. I wouldn't change it until you have tried it first.

Chris im in the processes of building my own pressure gauge tool, ill post more on it in my blog next week.

19Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 31st July 2015, 12:22 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would of thought the D22 cylinder size would work out well with larger displacement calipers by keeping pedal travel close to normal & sensible pedal physical pressure to line pressure.

20Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 31st July 2015, 12:29 am

ducie54

ducie54

Mr B wrote:I would of thought the D22 cylinder size would work out well with larger displacement calipers by keeping pedal travel close to normal & sensible pedal physical pressure to line pressure.

That's what I would recommend too. I would stay away from anything skyline as they have the proportional valve build in.

21Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 31st July 2015, 4:19 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks for the comments guys. Keen to hear the results Nigel. I haven't decided what rear brakes im using yet. I think Ill just keep the standard master (long as there isn't anything wrong with it) and see how it feels. I don't want to over complicate things.

22Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 1st November 2015, 7:11 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hey chaps, looking at getting a new master cylinder after getting mine out of the bag its been stored in for the past two years, and looks tbh knackered but the servo unit looks worse really rusty and rotten in places. Looking on Fast the servo unit is specific to the R no other model comes up that shares the same part number, not tried phoning Nissan yet but imagine its not going to be cheap!

Has anyone replaced the servo yet?

Gaz

23Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 1st November 2015, 11:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Test it out with a vacuum pump as it may be working fine!
If the outer part is rusty it probably has had brake fluid spilt in the past and caused the paint to lift.
Deffo would not buy another until you have tested it out

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

24Brake master cylinder upgrade Empty Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade 29th October 2016, 5:42 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

These master cylinders can be had for under £65 new inc p&p (at time of posting)
link below to newest thread >
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6958-brake-pedal-travel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum