Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exhaust's

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Exhaust's Empty Exhaust's 27th June 2015, 7:45 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Just took off my front exit and put my old scorpion system back on. I can't believe the difference between the two. Car is obviously nice and quiet which I do like, but the power has defo reduced massively! I'm now thinking I need full 3 inch system to get best of both worlds

2Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 27th June 2015, 7:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What made you take it off mate .... just for a quieter life ????

3Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 27th June 2015, 7:53 pm

Animaldaz

I too noticed a power loss when changing from mongoose to a scorpion.
In an ideal world a custom 3"system would be best which exits on the n/s to keep the flow as smooth as possible.

4Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 27th June 2015, 8:15 pm

toaster55

toaster55

nomad wrote:What made you take it off mate .... just for a quieter life ????
yeah the neighbours were giving me funny looks, and my mot is due so didnt want to take the piss as i put it through with the cat in the boot(lol) and with it being an M plate they get a bit funny anyway. Loved it though really made the car scary fast and it sounded like a jet at max chat! Lol!

5Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 27th June 2015, 9:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I can imagine its makes a huge difference .... do you have a front mount aswell ... was just wondering how you get round the pipework for the ic with the exhaust ???

6Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 27th June 2015, 9:57 pm

Funny thing mongoose and scorpion is same car only Noticed the sound when I changed from the fujitsubo that was on originally to a mongoose I definitely noticed the difference
The mongoose was shite in comparison less torque less power

7Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 28th June 2015, 8:46 am

toaster55

toaster55

nomad wrote:I can imagine its makes a huge difference .... do you have a front mount aswell ... was just wondering how you get round the pipework for the ic with the exhaust ???
Yeah have a front mount as well but I run my intercooler pipework behind the light. here's a few pic's of it, whole system is only 2 and half foot long so it's a huge weight saving aswell

photo 2015-01-101557461_zps213d9726.jpg

photo 2014-11-22211927_zps73da6309.jpg

photo 2015-01-25141457_zps7edc9e8c.jpg

8Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 28th June 2015, 6:23 pm

luke s

So would you say your mongoose list you power then??

9Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 28th June 2015, 8:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You selling front exit

10Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 28th June 2015, 8:38 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Everythings for sale at the right price! Lol

11Exhaust's Empty Re: Exhaust's 28th June 2015, 8:44 pm

toaster55

toaster55

luke s wrote:So would you say your mongoose list you power then??
I have a goose front pipe and scorpion centre and rear pipe, but yes there is a definite differance. The turbo makes a bar of boost a lot higher up the revs compared to the front exit aswell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum