Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy

+22
Welling_AL
jaypjay
FPSChris
scottyboy
Hardy172cup
johnny gtir
Andy Sunny Gti
Scooby_killer
r called jay
watoga
Mr B
Digitalfaze
Greygtir
knights of nee
toaster55
nomad
Gl3nnGTIR
Scoobykilla
GTI-R US
fred05
Stu
RO_SUNNY
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Greygtir

Where do you get all the bends and pipe from?

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

i think pipes are not bent, some elbow are bought and cut at good lenght then welded.

better that way, and easier thing!

Greygtir

You miss under stand me. Im asking where he got the bends from ie already bent, and straight tube from. I cant find a supplier in uk that does sch10 stainless

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

you doing a group buy???

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Hi Guys,

Some of the elbows are already made and I buy them as they are....but as you can see on the Honda manifold I have made 2 elbows out of an straight pipe (because I needed some long radius bends...which you can't buy).

If you want I can supply both pipe and elbows.

I will do also a group buy when I will finish the 1'st turbo collector and post pictures....I just want to see how many are interested!

Have a nice day!

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id probably be intrested in some pipe and various elbows if its cheap enough  by the time its sent over etc ...

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Give me your e-mail address so that I can send you the prices.....delivery is around 10 days!

cheers,

B

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sure its under my name ..... but .....its nomadhadiman@googlemail.com

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

id be interested in an elbow too dont think youll have problems shifting them

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Ok Guys,

Elbow is now 95% finished ....I am saying 95% due to the fact that I have to do some minor adjustments...like lambda boss and one of the bolts holes needs to be modified for easier access.

It looks kinda odd but....that' because it's stock location and the position and angle between the stock flanges is really crappy.

Anyway at the middle of the elbow there's more than 76 mm's (3'') is close to 90 mm's (3.5'')...so it will some sort of expansion tube....

Hopefully you will like it!

RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202652_zps3ab307f2
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202638_zpsb8a03c0c
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202630_zpse46f1516
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202630_zpse46f1516
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202623_zps3946f837
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202615_zps6b458f15
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202608_zps94795fe6
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202600_zps1a1767e0
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202552_zpsd51cd37d

And now........Honda manifold after we have started the engine....

I really like the colors...in the photos you can't see 100% but the color is actually gold!

RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_202552_zpsd51cd37d
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_162248_zpsa202e90d
RO_SUNNY's fabrication, elbows, manifolds group buy - Page 2 20131011_162116_zpse965d0d3

knights of nee

I'll make a comment about the elbows, I think the bend isn't really a bend I think the gases will hit a wall the bend needs to be more radius-ed so the gas flow round the bend not hit a corner.

I'm not being negative on purpose just giving my opinion, I wouldn't fit it on my car personally not with the current bend.

Rob

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes agreed
that is no better than a stock elbow on a pulsar except its made of ss

needs to be much more free flowing, similar to the ones made in aus but with thicker flange plates as theres are way too thin and warp after a bit, especially the 3 bolt flange to dp

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

The bend is actually a bend because the entire elbow is made out of pipe elbows! I will try and cut the external part of the 1"st bend and modify it! Anyways this STU made a similar elbow but nobody commented on his work....and this is upseting......

But anyways.....I will make the modification as requested. Also keep in mind that the cast elbow has in some places under 40 mm"s in diamte

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

In diameter....this elbow has over 76 mm allround.......therefore I really can't see the comparison between the 2 of them.........

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Flanges are 10 mm thick..........

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

constructive criticism bogdan Wink 
its not the internal diameter so much as the point that the elbow comes back on itself at too steep an angle therefore the gases will be similar to stock elbow as they will as such be hitting a wall hense slowing down there flow so with a more flowing bend they will disperse much easier.

I cant comment on those that stu did as don't go on the oc

knights of nee

GTI-R US wrote:constructive criticism bogdan Wink 

Indeed we're not trying to be negative Bogdan rather trying to be constructive in our views, I can't remember seeing the one's Stu made mate so I'm not picking you out mate.

Rob

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Almost identical

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

they are the same as the one I made myself many years ago which was basically a fabricated 200sx elbow that I rewelded (not to your quality of welding lol) and fitted to my car.

there was minimal improvements on the dyno with that elbow as once again it was not really free flowing so I never bothered making any more although a few others did I believe.

the ones from aus are much more free flowing but the weld quality and materials used are not very good at all plus they are expensive to buy and ship.
if your going to make some up it would be much more beneficial to make a free flowing swept elbow that can be bolted to a downpipe (I have one in stock which I made if you want to see a photo of it)
if you could make something like that then that would be much better than the above and would be much better flowing plus theres the added benefit that your a far better welder and fabricator than I could ever be so should be easy for you to do

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id be intrested in seeing your attempt bob as i want to make one for myself.....
And i do apologise bogdan .... my email is nomadhardiman@googlemail.com  i wrote it wrong earlier .

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

what oz one as was few ! AM Performance !? links & pics would be good
I suspect bogdans will do a little better than you think purely due to diameter improvements.
ideally needs RR testing for true result.
Problem is you are limited to what you can do if mating to standard position front pipe.
Ideally would be better creating elbow path that better, then front pipe to work with it, and don't do an all in 1 front pipe & elbow as a complete cock when comes to maintenance work requiring front pipe out the way.

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Am performance is not a 3" elbow so I can't see the comparison.......

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not so much added for direct comparison but for ideas & concept.
I can't remember what other elbows oz boys done & have no data/images on it.
Personally I think best way is to do a complete front pipe & elbow in 2 pieces but will allow slightly better feed route of elbow.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

doesn't really need to be full 3'' elbow as a 2 3/4'' free flowing one would be better than a 3'' tight bend if you know what I mean

im using a goose dp which ive cut and welded a bolt up plate to then made a sweeping bend from turbo to bolt to plate on dp
that way you haven't got to drop the entire pipe everytime you want to work on the car which can be a real pain in the ass

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id still like to see some pics of it though bob ....for ideas ...as i will defo be doing myself one ...i like abit of a challenge lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum