Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vacuum pipes

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vacuum pipes Empty Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 11:40 am

Alex341

Hello everybody. I need some help with the vacuum pipes on my car. Basically I bought the car and it blew up straight away I've just fitted a new engine and got it running but I am totally lost with how the vacuum pipes should be routed as who ever had the car before me has fitted a turbo smart boost controller and made a right mess of it all. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain or post up some pictures of how it should all be routed standard

2Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 12:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

stu or someone....have you got the link to the original vacuum pipe layout for the lad?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 12:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dont dispair i have got a diagram willcpost it up when i get home about 6ish as will need to upload it .

4Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 3:58 pm

Alex341

Thanks guy I've managed to find the diagram on google using my phone. I've redone all the pipes as it shows in the diagram with help from Bob. The only one I'm lost with now is where does the big pipe connect to coming from the servo? It still won't idle and I'm really hoping this is why

5Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 4:32 pm

skiddusmarkus

skiddusmarkus

Vacuum pipes Sr20gtir

Vacuum pipes Engine_rear_s

I just searched "rear of gtir engine" and set the filter to images on google.

6Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 4:33 pm

skiddusmarkus

skiddusmarkus

Ignore the arrows but the top picture shows you how the pipe off the servo comes down the back on the plenum and then you can see where it goes more clearly on the bottom picture.

7Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 7:02 pm

Alex341

Thanks for the input. Ill have another go tomorrow with a fresh head. After trying all day today and in the end it decided to not run at all, all I wanted to really do was smash it up with a sledge hammer

8Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 7:05 pm

Alex341

Wait a minute. I just had a better look at the second photo and I get the bit where it goes to the plenum, where im stuck is where does the middle pipe coming from that go? Its the fatter pipe

9Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 10:58 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Hi, new to the forum, but here goes.
The top pipe of the 3 on a standard set up divides and goes to both the fuel pressure regulator and the vacuum sensor on the passenger side inner wing. The middle pipe goes to the BOV and the bottom one goes to the rear connection of the two close together on the carbon canister. Having tried to get several pulsars back to a standard set up I'm getting to know where the pipes end up...

10Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 11:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

nice work john and welcome to the site Surprised

11Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 21st March 2012, 11:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

welcome to the forum john, think it was you that came down to us the other day unless im mistaken?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Vacuum pipes Empty Re: Vacuum pipes 22nd March 2012, 1:57 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Yes, it was me, and thanks very much for all the parts. Once I get the re-bored block back I'll be able to start putting it all back together. One bit I forgot was the mounting bracket for the carbon canister, but I'll email separately about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum