Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dump Valve and vacuum hosing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 1:31 pm

Turbazz

Finally got my car boosting more than 0.4 bar!!

After taking the turbo manifold and actuator off all the vacuum piping nearly!!

Following some of the diagrams given to me done the vacuum hoses best to my knowledge.

Just few questions!

How do I put the dump valve in propley??
Are there any images? AlSo how does the stock circulating one plumb in just curious?

Anyone has images of both Smile so I can get a good idea

Another thing what should my boost gauge show at idle speed minus..how much

Last question on the intake I have a hole after removing the standard solenoid ?

Leighton when you read this can you post a picture of my dump valve currently. Thank you!

2Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 1:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dump Valve and vacuum hosing IMG-20140406-WA0009

3Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 1:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dump Valve and vacuum hosing IMG-20140406-WA0008

4Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 1:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dump Valve and vacuum hosing IMG-20140406-WA0007

5Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 1:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dump Valve and vacuum hosing IMG-20140404-WA0003 this was proir to sorting out ...

6Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 2:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Where the dump valve (large pipe ) is connected to the plenum looks correct to me .....

7Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 2:22 pm

Turbazz

Ripped everything out.  everything back in order acording to the diagram

Just dv left.

1st picture shows how it is now blocked off

Last picture shows how it used to be

3rd picture shows the intercooler pipe.  is another pipe underneath. Is that the right one

Look at the last picture  has two vacumns. Should both be connected? How?

8Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 4:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What is the dump valve mate ? Il see if i can find some info on it ...

9Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 4:33 pm

Turbazz

Not sure what it's called thinking might be hks sheepdog

10Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 4:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ok so just found a few pics of them .... its a hks super bov ..... both ports on the dv go on the same vac line mate ....

11Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 5:00 pm

Turbazz

Teed off one ok. That's how it was before Neutral 

12Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 9:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

hows it now boosting was it piped wrong or standard solenoid ?

13Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 9:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I was piped up shit johhny loads of t pieces etc ..... turned out to be a split pipe under the dash ....

14Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 6th April 2014, 10:56 pm

Turbazz

Yeah loads of unnecessary piping. Sorted it out and a split hose could not see the hose because it went in the dash.

15Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 7th April 2014, 12:29 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

dv comes out from the intake and get vacuum from the intake as well, unless you want to do the quad dv vacuum conversion Smile

16Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 7th April 2014, 1:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I heard some mixed reviews on that method mike ....

17Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 7th April 2014, 1:21 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

yeah and me, i was meant to do it on mine but i decided to stick with a one vacuum line. I guess it would do no harm but i also heard that it doesnt really do much difference so i decided not to install it Smile

18Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 7th April 2014, 5:01 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I tried the 4 to 1 mod with my bov and it did seem to blow off easier.
The only advantage I could see was with an adjustable bov you can adjust it tighter and probably get better bov response but other than that it didn't really do anything.

I hav since ripped out the quad bov mod because I was trying to eliminate any possible vac leaks I may have.
I also found it orkward to neatly connect up all the piping for the quad mod.

Tbh it's probably more hassle than its worth because the gains are negligible. I might connect it up that way again in the future but I'm not sure if I will or not

19Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 8th April 2014, 7:47 pm

Turbazz

4to1 mod i wont even ask and confused as it is..

If i wanted to block dump valve off.. Is it a matter of just putting a bung in that trunk and blocking the vacuum house going to it?

Is This is pretty safe to do? It does not cause no harm? Surely the stock recirculating valve has a purpose

20Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 8th April 2014, 8:19 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Lol the 4 to 1 mod is were you connect the dump valve to all four throttle bodies via the vacuum ports that are usually blanked off, if you like I can try and find a link to it for you but I wouldn't bother about that now, I'd just concentrate on getting it all plumbed in correctly.

As for removing the blow off valve completely, I have heard its safe to do so but I have heard it can reduce the life span of a turbo but I have seen people claim they have run without one for many years with no adverse effects. If you don't use a dump valve you will get that turbo chatter noise you tend to hear on a lot of big powered cars and race cars etc.
I'm sure someone else could advise you on the pros and cons of not using a blow off valve because I'm only going on what I have read etc. I'm no expert on turbo cars or any cars for that matter lol

21Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 8th April 2014, 9:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The idea of a dump valve is it stops the turbo from stalling as you go through the gears or let off ..... i think there is an arguement for either way as to regards prolonging the life of the turbo ....

22Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 8th April 2014, 10:55 pm

Turbazz

What about blocking it off how do I do that properly..

23Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 8th April 2014, 11:02 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

You will need to find something to suitably block the hole on the plenum were the dump valve should go and also you need to block it up on the other side were it should recirculate back into the intake pipe and block off the vac pipe that should go to the dump valve

24Dump Valve and vacuum hosing Empty Re: Dump Valve and vacuum hosing 9th April 2014, 7:51 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I took a trip to the local plumbers merchant took both pipes with me .... iirc i used a 22mm cap for the intake .... and used a plastic bung fitting for the inlet cant remember what size that was though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum